Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer SX-315 - can someone hack its DSP for crossover frequency?

Options
  • 24-05-2020 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a Pioneer SX-315 AV receiver, purchased back in 2006. The speakers that came with it no longer satisfy my needs and I am looking at replacing them.

The problem is that the receiver has a fixed crossover frequency of 200 Hz. That is, only sound from 200 Hz is sent to the satellite speakers and everything up to 200 Hz is sent to the subwoofer. (It's actually a bit more complicated with gradual slopes, I know, I tested it).

But higher quality speakers and a higher quality sub need to be crossed over at 80-100 Hz. Besides, I am having problems with bass creating noises, and with a 80-100 Hz crossover I could use the channel levels to bring the sub down while still listening to mid-bass frequencies.

But the SX-315 does not have user controls for crossover frequency.

Can someone hack its DSP to change the frequency? Ideally also to move the high-pass filter, which is there to protect the subwoofer, a tad lower (it's at 45 Hz now).

Advertisement