Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best android with big storage

• 25-11-2020 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I see Oneplus 8T storage 128gb
    Are they any better or just as good.
    Fed up running out of storage on my phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i have 256gb on my huawei p30 pro, 128 internal, 128 mem card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What are you storing on it? Would you not use cloud storage?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bally2009

I'm exactly the same with no storage left on my phone and doing my head in. I'll be following this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

256GB on my One Plus 7 Pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

64GB+256GB in her phone.

I got fed up of her constantly running out of space on her iPhone. Switched her to Android then slowly bumped up the SD card to 256.

It's just easier and a lot faster to pull out the SD card and back up everything on it, than using the cloud and slow internet connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

beauf wrote: »
    64GB+256GB in her phone.

I got fed up of her constantly running out of space on her iPhone. Switched her to Android then slowly bumped up the SD card to 256.

It's just easier and a lot faster to pull out the SD card and back up everything on it, than using the cloud and slow internet connections.

Left android 6 months ago for an iPhone XS Max, bloody storage notification constantly, back to android in the next 2 weeks, s20 plus, note 10 plus, or one plus 8 pro( need a big phone) bought my son a one plus 7 pro last year and it’s as good as new

the internal storage media in modern phones (and decent ones especially) is a lot faster than adding micro sd card storage

I guess it depends on what you're using the space for. If it's games and apps you wouldn't put them on a SD card. I just move media, photos, videos and music to the SD card leaving the internal space solely for apps etc. We're not big gamers.

I don't know if other things like high end 4k video won't playback from a SD Card I don't use it. Seems to have no problem with large videos like Blu-ray size etc.

What's apps and games do people have problems with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Thanks for the replies.
    When i download a new app it say storage full so have to delete apps to do so. I have sd card but grt full too quickly i must be doing something wrong unless i havr to go increase the ac card storage but as might as well get upgrade phone instead as current phone 3yrs old.
    I just cant delete pics/videos yet even have though have back up to google cloud and pay for extra cloud storage too.
    I feel a bigger internal memory storage phone will be easier for me and eventually will get the hamg of this new technology of backing up to cloud / external hard drives, print off sentimenal pics, etc.
    So far liking those with large storage 256gb such S20 note ultra not available online direct from VF so hopefully will be able to see in store later this week and Oneplus 8 pro is only available from it own brand website as fae as i know.
    Any other brand i may have missed.
    I also like google pixel 5 but not high enough storage so that out.

Thanks for the replies.
    When i download a new app it say storage full so have to delete apps to do so. I have sd card but grt full too quickly i must be doing something wrong unless i havr to go increase the ac card storage but as might as well get upgrade phone instead as current phone 3yrs old.
    I just cant delete pics/videos yet even have though have back up to google cloud and pay for extra cloud storage too.
    I feel a bigger internal memory storage phone will be easier for me and eventually will get the hamg of this new technology of backing up to cloud / external hard drives, print off sentimenal pics, etc.
    So far liking those with large storage 256gb such S20 note ultra not available online direct from VF so hopefully will be able to see in store later this week and Oneplus 8 pro is only available from it own brand website as fae as i know.

On a side note anyone being stalled by bloody cloudflare when replying to a thread? Same crap happened last year a few times,

• Advertisement

On a side note anyone being stalled by bloody cloudflare when replying to a thread? Same crap happened last year a few times,

Yup. I assume they turn it on if under attack.

Thanks for the replies.

You probably need to go in through settings and see what is actually using all your space.

beauf wrote: »
    Yup. I assume they turn it on if under attack.

Thanks

Advertisement