Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Starting to Vlog, I don't know the first thing

Options
  • 30-07-2020 12:24pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I have a website that I believe a vlog would be a nice addition to. I'm a tour guide and I would like to regularly create videos with the intention of attracting people to my website and booking a tour. Equipment is the first thing, my budget is virtually nothing. I was hoping that my phone would be enough as a camera, it's a Huawei P20. I was then going to buy a tripod kit, there's one by Joby, which is €200 for the tripod, light and microphone. I intend of recording outside, so I thought the mic with dead cat would be needed. I was thinking about a gimbal instead but reviews are not great on any that I have seen and I think my phone has a decent anti shake or my hand is steadier than I thought.

I'm posting here as I find when I google vlogging equipment, I can't trust anything. Is there anything else that I should consider investing in? I will probably go with a free video editor, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm fairly sure advice on shooting is straight forward to find but if anyone has any nuggets, I'd greatly appreciate it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

IN THE EVENT you decide to stream from YouTube, (you have to enable it too) take note that to stream from an smartphone you must have at least 1000 subscribers. You can stream straight away from a laptop or Desktop, PC or Mac.
    If you want to stream in stereo there is no browser that does a good job, either on smartphone or laptop/desktop.
    Facebook is your easiest to set up, you might have an uphill battle to gain traction with target audience though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I think people use OBS as the software suite.

Advertisement