Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon fire stick, Amazon Prime ROI

Options
  • 12-03-2017 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I've just signed up to the Amazon Prime free trial.
    I had purchased an Amazon Fire Stick in Maplins a few weeks back and tried it out with youtube and such and such with free content and using some of the apps for video, radio, etc.

So, I got my Amazon prime subscription sorted about 30mins ago with an acknowledgement email and I was able to go straight away to my Laptop browser and launch first episode of the Man in the high Castle, Sneaky Pete, etc.
    Next I went to the Amazon fire stick and kept getting a network error and mention of reporting the issue to Amazon customer service.
    I did this and got through to an agent by phone.
    She said she would check my account settings - and low and behold she said that there is a general issue with rest of Europe (UK and USA being ok) which Amazon are "working on" with regards to content streamed to Amazon fire sticks/fire tv, etc.

Anyone else have this issue ?
    I just found it odd that I can watch the series on my laptop (no VPN , etc) and yet I am blocked from watching it on the TV !

I am in the West of Ireland, FWIW.

-ifc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Common error that lots of people had. Think it's error code 5505, something about wrong region.

Amazon couldn't fix it for me either.

If you have an Android phone (probably works on iPhone too) you can download prime video app to that, sign in, select what you watching and tap watch on fire stick and it will play on the TV and you can use the fire stick remote to pause etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mickey_dodger

I have tried the workaround recommended by Keith186, to start watching something on an android phone then tap watch on Fire stick, but I cannot find that option. Appreciate some clarification, thanks...
    Also, I seem to remember hearing that this problem doesn't exist on the Fire TV device, the more expensive device that has recently had a 4K version released, would be interested if anyone can confirm or deny?

Advertisement