Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery in my Samsung s6 doesn't last

• 26-11-2017 2:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭

The battery in my Samsung s6 doesn't last very long at all once it's fully charged. Even if I'm not using it . It will be down to 0 % with 2 hours and quicker if I'm using it. Anything settings I should check before I ask Vodafone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭greasepalm

how much crap is running on phone as i have a htc and switch off bluetooth,wifi and mobile data as they drain mine.
    your apps should say if they are a hogger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,942 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The S6 battery life was never great. How old is the phone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The S6 battery life was never great. How old is the phone?

1 year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Wife has S6 as good as any other phone she's had. My daughter got one recently 2nd hand and after about a month started noticing battery issues like you say. Fully charged to 0% in 10 minutes. The battery started swelling to the point the phone was bulging front & back separating from frame and now it's a paperweight. No comeback as over 2 yrs old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

pah wrote: »
    Wife has S6 as good as any other phone she's had. My daughter got one recently 2nd hand and after about a month started noticing battery issues like you say. Fully charged to 0% in 10 minutes. The battery started swelling to the point the phone was bulging front & back separating from frame and now it's a paperweight. No comeback as over 2 yrs old.

I would look at getting the battery replaced. Checking on ebay there are plenty of options for replacement batteries. I have no idea how difficult it is to replace, but given the value of the phone it might be worth looking into.

OP, you might have the same issue as above, but first you should go to settings ->battery and look at what is using your battery in here. An application can just eat your battery by using data/location constantly. When you look at the graph in that menu, the screen should be the top of the list and other apps should be much lower percentages. If an app is at the top, I would consider removing it. Or looking into what it is doing, and why the battery usage is so high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Have a look at this...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot&hl=en

btw the S6 battery is pretty poor even in as new condition. I got rid of mine for that one issue alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,942 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I would look at getting the battery replaced. Checking on ebay there are plenty of options for replacement batteries. I have no idea how difficult it is to replace, but given the value of the phone it might be worth looking into.

If it comes to it, changing the battery is easy enough. Did it on my S6E+ recently.

Videos on YouTube but as the cover is already separating, carefully pry it off (a replacement is only about a tenner on ebay though if you break it), undo about a dozen screws and then you remove the plastic inner surround and just unplug the battery (a genuine replacement is about €25)

Advertisement