Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Bank

Options
  • 08-06-2016 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a good power bank and also where to buy one.

I had an xiaomi one but I seem to have lost it. I was looking at getting the newest 16000 mAh one but I cannot find it from some place I trust enough not send me a fake one.

thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Just bought the one plus one power bank and its awesome.
    https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-power-bank

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

only problem with that is that if I visit the site I may have to upgrade my 1+1 to the new 1+3....

very easily distracted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've gotten 16000mh Xiaomi power banks from Bangood in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

I have this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VJSGT2A and cant fault it.

ldr wrote: »
    I have this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VJSGT2A and cant fault it.

how did you get that shipped to Ireland. Amazon will only deliver to UK mainland, so parcel motel and parcel wizard are ruled out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

how did you get that shipped to Ireland. Amazon will only deliver to UK mainland, so parcel motel and parcel wizard are ruled out

I just bought a tablet on amazon and got it shipped to the Parcel Motel site in Antrim so I guess that depends on what you are buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Had the same problem getting amazon to deliver a battery to northern ireland.
    Ended up picking up this http://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/tablet-accessories-en/tp-link-10400mah-power-bank-en.html for 28 euro.
    Charged 3 phones and a bluetooth stereo over a weekend of camping.
    Did the job

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

This doesnt look too bad, might pick one up :)

http://www.gearbest.com/iphone-power-bank/pp_227727.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Address Pal from An Post have a UK mainland address

NATLOR wrote: »
    Address Pal from An Post have a UK mainland address

that is who I went with in the end. Tried parcel wizard as well, but they only use NI addresses

thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Wow that must be new, I ordered a power bank there around 2 months ago and had it delivered to me in the republic no trouble, no need for pw etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Yeh me too, was looking to replace my power bank & none would ship to Ireland so I even checked one that I bought in January as a gift & that wouldn't ship either... Must be a new thing on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

A year on what's best on market to buy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Zipppy wrote: »
    A year on what's best on market to buy ?

Anker gear has been some of the best ive used, but to give you another option i have the Xiaomi 10,000mh Powerbank and its never let me down, great build quality too and it was quite cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Anyone ordered any power banks on-line lately ? I want to get an anker one, but as mentioned need to have a mainland UK address. An post seems to have that service, but I know they are very anti-battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Took the risk and ordered one from Amazon. Got it delivered successfully with address pal today. Don't think Amazon could have used a bigger sticker to announce there was a battery inside..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

I understand the more mA the better but is cheaper not always better. For example l seen 8000mA in Dunnes for 25 euros 4000mA for 15. Is it just the manufactures cost. Output seems to be 5V 1A so nothing to fast etc unless its USB3.0 if that makes a difference.

I think there's one's online that have twice the capacity at 20000mA 20 or 25 sterling (maybe when its in euros and the shipping cost)

Guess 8000mA would get a few fills to get you home anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The cheaper ones break fairly easily in my experience. Usually at the port.

If you have a quick charge phone it would be a plus to get a battery that supports that, but also if the battery charges quickly itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Anyone have any issues lately with addresspal and powerbanks? Kinda need 2 x 20000+ and having trouble.

Advertisement