Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Maynooth

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Hello all,

New to boards, apologies if I have posted this in the incorrect area.

Myself and my wife are currently house hunting (first time buyers). We have been quite disappointed by what's available within our budget in Dublin.

However, after some trips to Maynooth it ticks a lot of boxes for us.

There are some nice looking new estates currently being built and they are very close to the village and train - Mariavilla and Lyreen Lodge.

Whilst doing some research the main issue that appears to crop up is traffic, I appreciate this issue isn't exclusive to Maynooth and will be encountered in all areas in one form or another.

I am curious to hear from anyone who resides that side of the village as to how long it takes them to reach Dublin City Centre (say Stephen's Green) for 9am by car. Would it be reasonable to assume you'd need to be on the road about 6.30 to make it in for that time? Based on pre covid traffic.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, G

Personally, I would recommend Leixlip over Maynooth. I have friends in Maynooth and traffic congestion is a major problem, not just weekdays but also weekends. Maynooth is a student town also, so that is also something to consider. Maynooth has a much bigger selection of restaurants & pubs over Leixlip.

There are two train stations in Leixlip (Louisa Bridge & Confey), so regardless of what side you are on, you generally wouldnt be more than a 10-15 min walk away from either train station, even less depending on where you buy. Pre-COVID, I commuted daily from Confey to Pearse Station. To get to St Green, you can get off at Tara or Pearse, similar walking time from both.

I know people who live close to the Main St in Leixlip, they get the bus from into the City Centre, so that is also an option, but personally I prefer the train.

Driving is just not a viable option for various reasons, traffic, cost, time.

Advertisement