Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying to the US via a non-restricted country.

Options
  • 07-07-2020 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Given the travel restrictions between Ireland and the US, what would be the safest non-restricted country option to spend 14 days before flying to the US?

I am considering the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Caribbeans, Canada.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

I too am contemplating different options, here is something I came across. Direct flights from Belgrade to New York so avoiding transiting through a restricted country

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarathiessen/2020/07/12/us-covid-19-travel-bans-americans-europeans-serbia/#6afcf5ae5ac5

You may also want consider Appling to the US Embassy in Dublin with an NIE - National Interest Exception, you'll find out more on their Covid-19 FAQ's on the embassy website
    And if successful it will allow you travel from Ireland to the US even with proclamation still in place. We got ours approved today, meaning we can travel back to my US job and US rented home, as opposed to trying to work US hours from Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ReturningForY

You may also want consider Appling to the US Embassy in Dublin with an NIE - National Interest Exception, you'll find out more on their Covid-19 FAQ's on the embassy website
    And if successful it will allow you travel from Ireland to the US even with proclamation still in place. We got ours approved today, meaning we can travel back to my US job and US rented home, as opposed to trying to work US hours from Ireland

Nice! May I ask what the basis of your NIE was? Like why you were granted one - was it because of your US job and home?

Nice! May I ask what the basis of your NIE was? Like why you were granted one - was it because of your US job and home?

Yes - home meaning somewhere to self-isolate and also my employer provided a letter that stated the benefits to being in the US to do my job, and disadvantages for current situation

Also, submitted on a Friday night, and feedback not received until Friday lunchtime, so nervous wait

Advertisement