Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever ever seen sex pests in your place of work?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

We had a guy who worked with us who has since moved on (Unrelated to issue). It wasn't so much that he was a sex pest but he did come across as a bit intense and a bit creepy with some of the women working in the office. Offering comments on how well they looked etc. Fine if it's a proper friend talking to a proper friend. But not just co-workers.
    He was not Irish, was Turkish so it may have been a clash of cultures more than anything. We (just the lads, not official) told him that he should stop. That he may have meant it as a compliment but we explained that the office was not the place for it and that it came across as creepy and weird and made the women uncomfortable. (Everyone really but, of course, especially the women) and not done here in Ireland. He was genuinely confused and thought we were making it up until HR contacted him.
    In no way am I justifying his actions in saying that it was mainly a clash of cultures - He should have stopped the instant we told him to and there is NO place for any kind of abuse. But just stating that sometimes this can be the case.

In our case, the guy asked us "Should I buy her flowers as an apology?".....NO!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I tell people I work with both male and female they look well or compliment them on nice clothes it is meant as a compliment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Everywhere I worked the people in management have been female, the few blokes have been no bother but we did have an incident in my last job where a contractor would be very sexually explicit with the young girls on site, I'm talking girls in their teens, he was in his mid 50's. When us older gals got wind of it we sorted him out, he was eventually let go but for the few weeks he remained he never troubled the girls again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

eviltwin wrote: »
    When us older gals got wind of it we sorted him out :D

Sounds painful. Rusty blade or blunt scissors involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I've never worked with any sex pests thankfully. I have experienced unwanted sexual comments, sexual threats and groping in the workplace though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Sounds painful. Rusty blade or blunt scissors involved?

Luckily for him there was nothing like that involved but he got the message that he was being watched. This was a guy who would have the young girls crying and upset, there was no way he didn't know what he was doing. Typically though when faced with a few women his own age who were well able for him he was the one who was crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

The oddest, yet most interesting aspect about chore sex guy is not the topics, it's how he distributes the topics amongst his various characters. His badabing has gone under the radar with mods for years, but check out that "threads started" list on his profile - sex, women, agrarian society.

Not the same guy Conor.

I know how obsessed you are with "choresex guy" but you've been wrong before and you're wrong now. The OP and choresex guy are absolutely not the same person. His original account was a well known poster for years.

You're more obsessed with him than he is with re regging and I find it even more bizarre.

You constantly posting on his threads actually bump them to the homepage of the site. Every single time, you're giving more exposure to the guy you think you're "outting". Every time. And because of the time of day he posts, you leave him on the homepage for quite some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is someone having a break with reality in this thread? Who is "Chore Sex Guy"? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Is someone having a break with reality in this thread? Who is "Chore Sex Guy"? :confused:

Ask Conor!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

He is a serial re-reg who often posts PUA type material, and monologues about chore sex, dead relationships, the unnaturalness of monogamy and the agricultural revolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

mariaalice wrote: »
    I tell people I work with both male and female they look well or compliment them on nice clothes it is meant as a compliment.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the occasional compliment by men of women or vice versa and I'd hate to live in a world where an occasional non sexual compliment is viewed negatively. I could be wrong but I think most women appreciate compliments so long as there isn't a sexual overture to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

dudara wrote: »
    He is a serial re-reg who often posts PUA type material, and monologues about chore sex, dead relationships, the unnaturalness of monogamy and the agricultural revolution.

You just wrote his tinder profile

Advertisement