Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever ever seen sex pests in your place of work?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,870 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The oddest, yet most interesting aspect about chore sex guy is not the topics, it's how he distributes the topics amongst his various characters. His badabing has gone under the radar with mods for years, but check out that "threads started" list on his profile - sex, women, agrarian society.
    Jaysus you are over obsessed

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

At a previous job there was a female middle aged manager who would give out unsolicited neck rubs and shoulder massages. She was phenomenally ugly so it was creepy and unwelcome.

Similar. At my very first job, there was a lift that litterally held two people. If Betty was waiting to use it, you'd take the stairs, otherwise she'd "accidentally" fall on you part way.

No biggee.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

One of the senior management team at work has two nicknames, sex pest ****** and dirty ******. He exclusively talks to women and prefers the 18-30 year old variety. Always caught in photos with a strange smile, one hand around the girl to his left and the other on the girl's knee to his right.

He's been there 25 odd years...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,103 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Witchie wrote: »
    Luckily have never had any inappropriate touching or anything too sinister. I worked in football and some of the lads would make inappropriate comments, but not aimed at me or anyone present, more just sexual innuendo etc.

The only kinda inappropriate moment I encountered was when I met a fairly famous ex-football manager at an after match get together. He asked me if I always wore stockings and boots to football matches. I said no, then he leered down my top and smirked asking again if I always wore stockings and boots. Funny thing was they weren't stockings, they were tights, a long skirt and knee-high boots and had worn them because of the party afterwards.

I did sorta date one of the players though. Is that being a sex pest at work?
    That depends on what "sorta date" means.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Got felt up once whilst working as a massage therapist. He left a tip...

just-the-tip.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭circadian

The oddest, yet most interesting aspect about chore sex guy is not the topics, it's how he distributes the topics amongst his various characters. His badabing has gone under the radar with mods for years, but check out that "threads started" list on his profile - sex, women, agrarian society.

Sounds like the second coming of Pol Pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Peregrinus wrote: »
    That depends on what "sorta date" means.

We became friends, kissed a few times and that was about it really despite rumours of more happening.

Jaysus you are over obsessed

Only pointing out the obvious.

Though it's amusing how he's slipped it by the mods for so long, who don't notice the "sex sex sex sex sex hunter gatherers and mental health sex sex sex sex sex hunter gatherers and mental health sex sex sex" pattern!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I married her to make it stop...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Yes - none in my current job but a manager in my last who was incredibly inappropriate with me (and others) on various nights out.
    There was another guy there who could only be at social events once the boss was babysitting him as he was too much of a liability to be alone around young women when he had drink on him. Despite multiple complaints against him though, he's still working there, lots of creeps in that place now that I think about it but you just knew who to avoid on nights out, nobody was particularly bad during office hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Worked in a large call centre in Swords a few years ago.

During my four years there, two guys were sacked for sexual assault/harrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

1 in the 15 years in my current position, he’s not there anymore, and 1 in a place before that.

There’s 5 women where I work and over 30 men that amazingly manage to contain themselves from being inappropriate, lecherous scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Never actuley touching but years ago standing very close and in such a way that they could look down my top inappropriate and vulgar comments, more creepy that anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Luckily have never had any inappropriate touching or anything too sinister. I worked in football and some of the lads would make inappropriate comments, but not aimed at me or anyone present, more just sexual innuendo etc.

The only kinda inappropriate moment I encountered was when I met a fairly famous ex-football manager at an after match get together. He asked me if I always wore stockings and boots to football matches. I said no, then he leered down my top and smirked asking again if I always wore stockings and boots. Funny thing was they weren't stockings, they were tights, a long skirt and knee-high boots and had worn them because of the party afterwards.

I did sorta date one of the players though. Is that being a sex pest at work?

Does the ex manager do radio punditry now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The very state of being a man and the inherent power and privilege imbalances relative to female colleagues means that in essence all men in the workplace are in a state of constant sexual violence against the women around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Does the ex manager do radio punditry now?

I refuse to say. But it was not Roddy Collins if you are thinking of him. He was always a perfect gentleman in my presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I refuse to say. But it was not Roddy Collins if you are thinking of him. He was always a perfect gentleman in my presence.

No not roddy... I don't even have much interest in soccer but I keep hearing the same name over and over from women under 30

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Some of the lads would massage my back after I had an accident. I didn't mind, they were just being friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Yep, a guy in his 40's had multiple complaints against him for repeatedly harassing various women in the office, all pretty much fresh out of college. Constantly at their desks, instant messaging and asking them to go for coffee over and over again. Was also partial to wearing offensive t-shirts on casual days.

He didn't drink, and drove to the Christmas party. Late on, I was drinking at the bar with some of the staff, and he came up and randomly pulled me aside to me to tell me that I didn't need to hang around. He would make sure 'the girls would get home safe.' Bizarre and creepy comment aside, not a chance any of them would have gotten into the car with him.

Thing is, none of the women followed through with their complaints as they didn't want to make a fuss. But fortunately he was so sh!t at his job that he was let go anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

We had a guy who worked with us who has since moved on (Unrelated to issue). It wasn't so much that he was a sex pest but he did come across as a bit intense and a bit creepy with some of the women working in the office. Offering comments on how well they looked etc. Fine if it's a proper friend talking to a proper friend. But not just co-workers.
    He was not Irish, was Turkish so it may have been a clash of cultures more than anything. We (just the lads, not official) told him that he should stop. That he may have meant it as a compliment but we explained that the office was not the place for it and that it came across as creepy and weird and made the women uncomfortable. (Everyone really but, of course, especially the women) and not done here in Ireland. He was genuinely confused and thought we were making it up until HR contacted him.
    In no way am I justifying his actions in saying that it was mainly a clash of cultures - He should have stopped the instant we told him to and there is NO place for any kind of abuse. But just stating that sometimes this can be the case.

In our case, the guy asked us "Should I buy her flowers as an apology?".....NO!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I tell people I work with both male and female they look well or compliment them on nice clothes it is meant as a compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Everywhere I worked the people in management have been female, the few blokes have been no bother but we did have an incident in my last job where a contractor would be very sexually explicit with the young girls on site, I'm talking girls in their teens, he was in his mid 50's. When us older gals got wind of it we sorted him out, he was eventually let go but for the few weeks he remained he never troubled the girls again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

eviltwin wrote: »
    When us older gals got wind of it we sorted him out :D

Sounds painful. Rusty blade or blunt scissors involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I've never worked with any sex pests thankfully. I have experienced unwanted sexual comments, sexual threats and groping in the workplace though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Sounds painful. Rusty blade or blunt scissors involved?

Luckily for him there was nothing like that involved but he got the message that he was being watched. This was a guy who would have the young girls crying and upset, there was no way he didn't know what he was doing. Typically though when faced with a few women his own age who were well able for him he was the one who was crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Not the same guy Conor.

I know how obsessed you are with "choresex guy" but you've been wrong before and you're wrong now. The OP and choresex guy are absolutely not the same person. His original account was a well known poster for years.

You're more obsessed with him than he is with re regging and I find it even more bizarre.

You constantly posting on his threads actually bump them to the homepage of the site. Every single time, you're giving more exposure to the guy you think you're "outting". Every time. And because of the time of day he posts, you leave him on the homepage for quite some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is someone having a break with reality in this thread? Who is "Chore Sex Guy"? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Is someone having a break with reality in this thread? Who is "Chore Sex Guy"? :confused:

Ask Conor!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

He is a serial re-reg who often posts PUA type material, and monologues about chore sex, dead relationships, the unnaturalness of monogamy and the agricultural revolution.

Advertisement