Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnstone vs Dulux vs Colourtrend

Options
  • 29-07-2020 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice here folks, only one internal room (Minimal), I know very little about paint and quality.

Is there a big difference in quality between the three (I know there is in price).

And what would people rate as the best (In terms of quality and long lasting).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I don’t have lots of experience, I’m sure others with more knowledge will be along shortly, but I’d rate them in order of price. I wouldn’t be bothered using Johnstone’s, it takes more coats and definitely doesn’t wear as well- definitely the woodwork it was used on here hasn’t worn well at all. In general, I would buy colourtrend ceramic Matt, it’s very very washable and wears very well. It seems to take less coats of paint to get a nice finish so might not be as expensive as it looks initially. Painted a bedroom with a dulux moda paint really and couldn’t fault it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If it’s only one room there isn’t that much money to save.

I would give yourself a chance and buy one of the better two brands.

I don’t have experience with the colour trend ceramic Matt but the regular Matt is certainly very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Go for Fleetwood. Every bit as good as CT, but 40% cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Where would fleetwood rank amoung colortrend and johnsons paints.
    I asked a painter he said crown is best but when i saw the prices of the paint sure you would need a bank loan to paint the house lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Fleetwood is prob the best value for money, well known paint on the Irish market imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement