Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sugarloaf

Options
  • 28-06-2020 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

When you park in Plucks car park and walk up the road. Where is the exit to sugar loaf. I know it's tricky to find.
    Is it past that pottery place or before?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Enduro

Smile111 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

When you park in Plucks car park and walk up the road. Where is the exit to sugar loaf. I know it's tricky to find.
    Is it past that pottery place or before?

Thanks

There are multiple routes, so there multiple ways to get there. Many ways in from taking the southern exit from the roundabout just uphill from plucks then taking the very minor cul-de-sac road about 10 meters on on the right heading gradually uphill.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's also now a small car park on the other side of the roundabout next to the memorial gardens in Kilmac. Entrance is on the right as you come off the overpass bridge towards the roundabout.

As you leave the car park by foot and cross the road there's a notice board with a map showing the route of the new(ish) Sugarloaf Way which is now waymarked. There's one route that takes you to the Red Lane car park at the top of the Long Hill, and another looped one, both marked in different colours.

Follow the non-looped one which takes you along the western slopes of the Sugarloaf. There's a clear turn off up left over the scree towards the summit, can't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Sorry is the entrance to the memorial car park not on the left if
    Opposite Plucks? Or maybe it's before Plucks if coming from Dublin?

Yes if you're coming from Dublin, you turn off the N11 just after the petrol station, drive over the overbridge and it's in your right just before you get to the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Alun wrote: »
    Yes if you're coming from Dublin, you turn off the N11 just after the petrol station, drive over the overbridge and it's in your right just before you get to the roundabout.
    Wow - is that public? I like doing the looped walk from the track beside the GAA club, but haven't been up for quite a while...the horror of meeting a car coming the other way is intense in my mind :pac:

• Advertisement

Yes, it's public. I think it's intended as a trailhead car park for the Sugarloaf Way, but it just appeared there with no signage or anything. I've parked there several times with no issues.

Advertisement