Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank Shares

• 31-10-2017 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

This maybe a very silly question

a few years ago I bought a small quantity of bank shares when they were penny stocks - in around 30cent. I haven't checked them in ages but it looks like both AIB and BOI are + 5euro. did something happen are they gone 10X so if I had 1 thousand back in the day, I now own 100 but the value has gone up times10?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

redrow wrote: »

a few years ago I bought a small quantity of bank shares when they were penny stocks - in around 30cent. I haven't checked them in ages but it looks like both AIB and BOI are + 5euro. did something happen are they gone 10X so if I had 1 thousand back in the day, I now own 100 but the value has gone up times10?

If I were you I'd cash those in and make an effort to invest into Delata hotel group. You can thank me later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭valoren

redrow wrote: »

No. There was a 1:30 reverse stock split of BOI shares which means that for every 30 shares you originally had you now got 1 share.

You originally had 3000 shares at the penny trading price but now have 100 at 5+ euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

If I were you I'd cash those in and make an effort to invest into Delata hotel group. You can thank me later
    Do you mean Dalata?
    If so, they earn about 19 cent a share and the share price is 468.
    Put another way, the shares are trading at 24.6 years earnings.
    Or you will get back your share price in 25 years.

Retained earnings at the end of 2016 were 3 1/2 million.
    Assets were 985 million.
    Property revaluation gains were 66 million (2016) and 46 million (2015) of the 81 million and 61 million profits.

Why are they a good investment?

Advertisement