Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to live mortgage free for six years

Options
  • 14-07-2019 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭

Just reading about Pamela Flood and her husband living mortgage free in a 900 grand home for the past 6 years (9, depending on who you believe).

This woman seems delusional to me.
    Saying it's not wrong if you don't pay your mortgage.

Ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,210 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just reading about Pamela Flood and her husband living mortgage free in a 900 grand home for the past 6 years (9, depending who you believe).

Saying it's not wrong if you don't pay your mortgage.

Ridiculous.
    I think another thread on this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There's already a thread about this.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

She's not delusional, she knows EXACTLY what she is doing, her and her husband are nothing but posh entitled scroungers who are scheming to avoid having to live a working-class lifestyle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

There's already a thread about this.

Thanks. Couldn't find it. Where is it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Yeah, but, vulture funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sorry, I can't link.
    It's in the Accommodation forum.
    It's currently trending.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

If I was them, I'd have sued a hotel for falling off a swing and payed the mortgage that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Should be out on their ears the smug entitled pair of geebags. I can almost see the smirks on their faces as they think it's all a joke.

9 years is a joke. And I certainly am no fan of scumbag vulture funds behaviour in the Irish market. This pair of pricks are cynically trying to lump themselves in with those who have genuinely fallen on hard times and not even been given a chance as their defaulted mortgages are sold off quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

they played the system. just like all the other shytebags playing all the other systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

they played the system. just like all the other shytebags playing all the other systems.

Didn't himself publicly state he was playing the long game

Gatling wrote: »
    Didn't himself publicly state he was playing the long game
    i see no distinction between what they did and theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They’re just pure chancers. They’ve lived in a house for nearly a decade without paying anything towards it.

Not only that, but they were then offered a chance to just walk away from it. Leave the house that you haven’t been paying for and it’s all square – the bank won’t pursue for the nine years of mortgage payments you’ve refused to pay.

That’s not enough though, because now they’re looking to ignore an undertaking they signed to leave the house and instead are opting to stay because they think that they can push this even further.

Honestly at this stage, I hope the bank do them for criminal trespass.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Moved from AH > CA.

we have such a colonial hangover that the sight of the sheriff turfing people out of a house raises the hackles but we must remember that some people need a boot squarely up their hole and to be fooked out of the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,139 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Remember the case of the Roscommon family who lived mortgage free too for years, and also borrowed other money that they didn't repay?

It was only end last year. There was a whole uprising to protect them from eviction, even though a judge told them to get out.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/evicted-co-roscommon-family-back-home-after-gang-attack-on-northern-ireland-bailiffs-37635979.html

They are back living in property iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Looks like the Ryan/Flood's days in Contarf are numbered due to a court ruling today....
    Judge Linnane's judgment means that Tanager, through the Sheriff, can, should it wish to do so, take immediate possession of the property and put the family on the street.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/0815/1069005-flood-ryan-court/

It's the 4 kids you'd feel sorry for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Looks like the Ryan/Flood's days in Contarf are numbered due to a court ruling today....

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/0815/1069005-flood-ryan-court/

It's the 4 kids you'd feel sorry for!
    Yeah, but they filed an appeal to the High Court.
    Scam artists; not paying a bob in 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

They must have the earning power to cover it.

What has happened here is they don't like the idea of living in a home with negative equity that now is worth far less than they paid for it.

So they decided to walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Kivaro wrote: »
    Yeah, but they filed an appeal to the High Court.
    Scam artists; not paying a bob in 6 years.

It's nearly 9-years since they paid

The the creditor does not have to wait for the high court case before evicting them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Laois_Man wrote: »
    It's nearly 9-years since they paid

The the creditor does not have to wait for the high court case before evicting them!
    Yikes, I stand corrected.

Imagine, accruing all this wealth over 9 years by not paying their mortgage. Then they try to pull the wool over the public's eyes by saying that "someone" told them not to pay.
    I hope that they are evicted tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There is already a long running thread on this topic in the A&P forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057962790

No need to repeat it here.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement