Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

can i apply to IEC twice with second dual nationality passport

Options
  • 11-07-2019 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone can give me some info on this.

Basically i've applied to IEC in the past, got accepted for a visa but never entered the country and missed my chance.

Chanced my arm again applying this year as it was years since that happened but they refused me on the grounds i had already been granted a visa in the past on my irish passport.

I am entitled to a UK passport, i don't currently have one and have never wanted one but somebody told me i may be able to apply for the IEC and get a visa if i do get a UK passport and apply with that? How true is this? If it is true i'll get one asap.

Also when filling out the form it will ask if i've ever applied for an IEC visa before and the answer would be yes but with a different nationality passport. Would i answer that question truthfully or just ignore the question and say no?

I really want to make this move but feel like i've lost my chance now and i'm clutching at straws :(

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I can't answer your main question I'm afraid but bear in mind that the age ranges are different - with an Irish passport you can apply up to the age of 35, but with a UK passport the cutoff is 30. I don't know how old you are but thought I'd point it out in case you're over 30!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Scarinae wrote: »
    I can't answer your main question I'm afraid but bear in mind that the age ranges are different - with an Irish passport you can apply up to the age of 35, but with a UK passport the cutoff is 30. I don't know how old you are but thought I'd point it out in case you're over 30!

I've just turned 33 today... well crap ha!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I know you're outside the cutoff now but those cut off ages can change at anytime. You should get your British passport now anyway and hope they increase the age range before you turn 35. I was over 30 when I applied for my IEC with my Irish passport, meaning my Aussie passport was useless because of their age 30 cut off but they've increased it to 35 a few months ago so now I have 3 more years to use my Aussie one if I need to. Worth a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

IEC is a reciprocal program, so the age cutoff is unlikely to change unless the UK also changes the cutoff from 30 to 35 for Canadian citizens.

Yep, loada bollox! Means i don't have to go about applying for a brit passport i never wanted i suppose but looks like the dream of moving to Canada is a little dead in the water though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So it seems, maybe. Have a look at https://moving2canada.com/iec-recognized-organizations/

Am in a FaceBook group called Irish & Applying for Canadian PR (CEC FSW PNP FSTP) and one of the people have said about the above;
    don't believe it to be a barrier so yeah reach out to swap they are cheapest still a good $600 but the rest are up to $4k I forsee swap upping the price with demand from it being figured out this yr. I still feel it's kicking the can down the road. Getting advice or researching early for pr routes is the better way to do things but sure that falls on deaf ears a lot haha

the_syco wrote: »
    So it seems, maybe. Have a look at https://moving2canada.com/iec-recognized-organizations/

Am in a FaceBook group called Irish & Applying for Canadian PR (CEC FSW PNP FSTP) and one of the people have said about the above;

So this is all saying that technically there is an option to get another IEC visa but only if you go through one of these recognized organizations?

That almost seems too good to be true considering the CIC basically told me it's a once in lifetime opportunity but for sure I will check this out, thanks a lot for sharing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

So this is all saying that technically there is an option to get another IEC visa but only if you go through one of these recognized organizations?

That almost seems too good to be true considering the CIC basically told me it's a once in lifetime opportunity but for sure I will check this out, thanks a lot for sharing!!

Only potential catch is these organisations charge a fee while until now it's been relatively low, don't be surprised if it goes up.

Advertisement