Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭eire4

Tough trip to Hamilton to follow this weekend now as well. I would imagine Izzy would come back in at left back for Tierney. Although credit to the young lad I thought he did very well on his European debut last night especially considering the quality of who he was up against. It unfortunately does not look like Simunovic will be fit enough to start so I imagine Blackett will play at center back alongside Boyata. We maybe see Rogic, Armstrong and GMS return to the starting lineup up as well. Hamilton are playing very well again just as they did this time last year when they come up so we will have to be very focused to pick up the 3 points and the continued changes at the back for me continues to be our biggest issue. Boyata has had some bad moments for sure but he has shown some quality and I thought he played well last night overall. So hopefully he can start to really nail down one of those too spots. Then its fingers crossed Simunovic is the answer for the other one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its clear to see that Aberdeen, despite all the posturing, still have the same mental block about challenging Celtic for the title.

I actually believed that they had upped their game from last season and Celtic would be pushed. Celtic are damned if they do and damned if they dont when it comes to dominating Scottish Football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

cant say I'm efes biggest fan but I cant image I'd ever stoop so low as to wish someone gets so severely hurt that they can no longer do their job, just because they made an error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

You'll get used to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,287 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

1-2 at HT

Boyata equaliser

https://j.gifs.com/mGqe0w.gif

Great Griffiths header to make it 2-1

https://j.gifs.com/mLBwXZ.gif

The mistake for the hamilton goal was schoolboy stuff.

Dempsey wrote: »
    The mistake for the hamilton goal was schoolboy stuff.

Worthy of ending the schoolboys career?

Worthy of ending the schoolboys career?

He should be taken out the back of the stadium and shot! :pac:

Scrappy game with some really poor play from Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Dreadful game, struggling to stay with it tbh

• Advertisement

Finished 2-1, file that as totally forgettable - now 1 point behind Aberdeen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

That was a seriously terrible game to watch but a valuable three points earned!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yep brutal stuff. Papering over the defensive cracks, Hamilton looked the better side for a lot of that game. Found myself thinking that it could have been Hamilton v Ross County for a lot of it and you'd not have known the difference.

Brilliant header from Griffiths though, but really poor defensive performance. The pitch didn't help at all, but that's no excuse really, the players just need to suck it up and get used to those pitches.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Yep brutal stuff. Papering over the defensive cracks, Hamilton looked the better side for a lot of that game. Found myself thinking that it could have been Hamilton v Ross County for a lot of it and you'd not have known the difference.

Brilliant header from Griffiths though, but really poor defensive performance. The pitch didn't help at all, but that's no excuse really, the players just need to suck it up and get used to those pitches.

That indeed was a dreadful performance. Our worst of the season so far in the league for me. But to say Hamilton were the better team for a lot of that game simply not the case. We played terrible against an inferior but determined and battling Hamiliton side thus giving them a genuine shot at a point. But after the goal they scored they only ever really created one clear chance after that when Crawfords excellent shot was well saved by Gordon with Morris then mising the rebound.
    In the end though Griffiths brilliant header was enough and credit to Boyata for coming up with his goal after being at fault for their goal early on. A crucial 3 points to take full advantge of Aberdeen's defeat.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

eire4 wrote: »
    But to say Hamilton were the better team for a lot of that game simply not the case. We played terrible against an inferior but determined and battling Hamiliton side thus giving them a genuine shot at a point. But after the goal they scored they only ever really created one clear chance after that when Crawfords excellent shot was well saved by Gordon with Morris then mising the rebound.

Yes probably not right to say they were the better team for some of it, just felt that way I suppose with the countless times we were caught in possession and some of the awful passing.

Crucial 3 point though for sure. Wish we'd a settled back line. What's with Simunovic, still injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Anyone know what has happened to Delia's high pressing gameplan that we had last season, it seems to have been ditched.

It took so long for players to get up to speed with it last year but once they did I thought it worked very well and allowed us to punish teams like Hamilton when we won the ball back deep in their half.

Could be a short term thing until we're more settled at the back but he made a bit a fuss last year about players like Commons & Stokes having to adjust to his style so strange that he seems to have eased back on that side of our game.

Dempsey wrote: »
    He should be taken out the back of the stadium and shot! :pac:

I think we know the man for the job Demps! Unfortunately the "only celtic fan who wants the best for the club on boards" spends his time in the rangers thread unless we loose. I'm sure hes got the gun ready for Boyata.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

I've been posting here long before you stumbled in with your piss poor impression of supporting the team son. You'll be in for a shock if you ever make it to Parkhead, believe me.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Yes probably not right to say they were the better team for some of it, just felt that way I suppose with the countless times we were caught in possession and some of the awful passing.

Crucial 3 point though for sure. Wish we'd a settled back line. What's with Simunovic, still injured?

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. It can feel that way when Celtic are as bad as we were on Sunday. Thankfully we scraped out the 3 points to take full advantage of Aberdeen's defeat.

• Advertisement

Intifada wrote: »
    I've been posting here long before you stumbled in with your piss poor impression of supporting the team son. You'll be in for a shock if you ever make it to Parkhead, believe me.

"posting" longer does not a better fan make. Still hoping Celtic players have their careers ended? You'd get some suprise if you started cheering an Ambrose leg break in the stadium.

"posting" longer does not a better fan make. Still hoping Celtic players have their careers ended? You'd get some suprise if you started cheering an Ambrose leg break in the stadium.
    Then why bring up people's posting habits? What a state.

I'm not really interested in a nob measuring contest since you're a bit of a joke at best, but safe to say you've cemented the assumption you've never stepped foot in Parkhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

There was a great comment on the BBC live feed someone texted in, asking the media to ask Deila outright why he picks Ambrose. I've never wanted a Celtic player to succumb to a career ending injury until him. Imagine turning up to your job and making a total cúnt of it Monday to Friday, repeatedly costing your company money and making a laughing stock of them and yet keeping your highly paid job.

Quite possibly the scummiest comment I've seen in the football forum. You are most definetly not a football fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Intifada = KeithAFC from an alternate universe

Intifada = KeithAFC from an alternate universe

Is it possible to send them back? Or do we need to wait for An Post?

Quite possibly the scummiest comment I've seen in the football forum. You are most definetly not a football fan.
    Aw cute. I'd chuck in football now mate, it's not going to be for you :o Or just continue posting here. Never have I sign a collection of more insulated and naive Celtic "fans". No wonder the club is headed in the direction its in when we have retards pontificating all over the internet instead of going to games for a bit of a reality check.

• Advertisement

Aw cute. I'd chuck in football now mate, it's not going to be for you :o Or just continue posting here. Never have I sign a collection of more insulated and naive Celtic "fans". No wonder the club is headed in the direction its in when we have retards pontificating all over the internet instead of going to games for a bit of a reality check.
    Theres a difference between fans and scumbags pretending to be fans. I think you cant comprehend that.

Amazing how much you hang around here - and in the Rangers thread - when you seem to think that every poster in both threads aside from you is deluded.

You should take a look in the mirror.

Oh the irony is too much :pac:

I did not expect Aberdeen to implode so much this early in the season, they are losing 2-0 tonight with 25 minutes to go. At least a draw against Motherwell tomorrow (live on BT Sport at 12.00) will see Celtic go top

Ciftci scores to make it 1-0

https://vid.me/iMGr

• Advertisement

The ref, Muir, is having a terrible game. Stone wall penalty not given for a foul on Brown

The ref, Muir, is having a terrible game. Stone wall penalty not given for a foul on Brown

Add a handball to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,589 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Good finish for Ciftci. He should be good enough to contribute plenty at SPL level.

Double header v Molde coming up.

This double hearder with Molde will be crucial. If we can get 4 points then we are in a good spot to qualify from the group but Molde seems to be saving their best for the European games at the moment so we will have to be at our best on Thursday to get something from this one.

Molde have just appointed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as coach, they've been struggling for form in their league. Hopefully get a good result tonight. Simunovic fit to play maybe lacking match fitness, but he did well on his debut v Ajax, I'd be inclined to start him.

Ambrose is starting :(

and it is Boyata who makes the mistake and gives the ball away, 1-0 to Molde. Gordon should have done better

Once again, shocking defending. Can only keep blaming the players for so long. Deila's 'system' has major flaws

and it is Boyata who makes the mistake and gives the ball away, 1-0 to Molde

Bit of blame to Gordon too, no pace in the shot and beaten at the near post

more comedy defending 2-0 :(

• Advertisement

We dont have the players to deal with these weather conditions either. Anything other than nice conditions on a nicely watered manicured surface against decent opposition and we are clueless.

We are awful at the back, absolutely clueless

Hopefully the rain will come down really heavy and save Celtic from more embarrassing defending

We have had something like 70% possession and they have 2 attacks and score 2 goals.. comical stuff

Celtic getting plenty of the ball and time to get back into the game if they can get some composure.

We have had something like 70% possession and they have 2 attacks and score 2 goals.. comical stuff

You dont need much of the ball when the opposition dont have a clinical striker at this level nor a good defence

Celtic running out of ideas, Commons needs to come deeper to try and create something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I'm sorry, I can't watch any more of this crap

Petrov & Strachan at HT saying shambles and they are absolutely right. It seems like Celtic have had defensive problems for decades!

• Advertisement

Petrov & Strachan at HT saying shambles and they are absolutely right. It seems like Celtic have had defensive problems for decades!

We broke all sorts of defensive records under Lennon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement