Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XV. Round 8. 26th-28th Mar.

Options
  • 26-03-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Friday, 26 March 2010

Bradford v Harlequins, 20:00
    Castleford v Crusaders, 20:00
    Warrington v Wakefield, 20:00
    Wigan v Leeds, 20:00 *SS1*

Saturday, 27 March 2010

Catalans Dragons v Hull KR, 19:30
    Salford v Hull, 17:00 *SS2*

Sunday, 28 March 2010

Huddersfield v St Helens, 15:00

Going to be a long night for Leeds tonight I reckon....Wire V Wakey should be a cracker, two teams who love to play rugby, but pick of the weekend must be sundays game at the Galpharm. Reckon the Giants are going to put one over the saints.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Leeds have a coupla players back this week haven't they? If so I fancy them to get going tonight finally.
    Shall be Sky+ing it, going to see Sean Lock tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

amacachi wrote: »
    Leeds have a coupla players back this week haven't they? If so I fancy them to get going tonight finally.
    Shall be Sky+ing it, going to see Sean Lock tonight. :D

Sinfield and Buderus back, we're still going to struggle out wide...can't see anything other than a Wigan win.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

This is going to be epic :D Come on Wigan!!

*waits for immediate ban from Toom*

:p

Stev_o wrote: »
    This is going to be epic :D Come on Wigan!!

*waits for immediate ban from Toom*

:p

I'll bide my time.....oh yes....bide my time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Leeds are going to find this game tough, as will everyone else at the DW, but hey Leeds are have not been World Champions at tiddly-winks, so they are use to playing it tough.

• Advertisement

Shocking decision by VR Alibert on Burrows clear try, what was he watching?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

What a game. When Leeds get their star players back they will be a force to be reckoned with.
    Fair play to Wigan, took all Leeds could throw at them in the 1st half and ran over them in the second half. Think the ref and the TMO had brutal games.
    Anyways cant wait till next Friday. Wigan and the Saints. Another cracker looming....

Yes great game.

A depleted Leeds certainly put it up to Wigan but came up short in the end. Wigan are certainly looking a formidable team at the moment, but can they keep up that intensity right through the season?

The game appeared to take its toll on both sides, just what Leeds needed - more injuries:eek:

Great game, feel massively upbeat about Leeds after that. If we can get anything near a full strength team on the track we'll give anyone a run for their money. Burrow, Webb, Maguire superb...Senior looked good and I thought our pack depleted though it was came out on top of Wigan for 60 mins. also young Bush looks massively promising.... I think Wigan will be unhappy after that, and I reckon the W.yorks derby next weekend is going to be huge....

Paradoxically, I think the rhinos strength in depth is going to be massively improved after this nightmare injury run with young lads getting first team ops they'd never usually get....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

toomevara wrote: »
    Great game, feel massively upbeat about Leeds after that. If we can get anything near a full strength team on the track we'll give anyone a run for their money. Burrow, Webb, Maguire superb...Senior looked good and I thought our pack depleted though it was came out on top of Wigan for 60 mins. also young Bush looks massively promising.... I think Wigan will be unhappy after that, and I reckon the W.yorks derby next weekend is going to be huge....

Paradoxically, I think the rhinos strength in depth is going to be massively improved after this nightmare injury run with young lads getting first team ops they'd never usually get....

I thought Maguire and Senior were actually pretty poor, neither really stood up when Leeds needed them and bar one run Maguire did sweet f*ck all. There is a serious problem at Stand Off for leads at the moment, i don't think Maguire is up to providing what they really need.

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    I thought Maguire and Senior were actually pretty poor, neither really stood up when Leeds needed them and bar one run Maguire did sweet f*ck all. There is a serious problem at Stand Off for leads at the moment, i don't think Maguire is up to providing what they really need.

Actually, take your point re: Maguire...I was subconsciously comparing last weekends KR performance where he was totally anonymous.

Anyone catch the Salford/FC game yesterday? Really enjoyable game, and an excellent result for the Reds. Simply cannot understand their position on the table this season, I'd tipped them to do well and on yesterdays performance they look a well drilled outfit with some excellent talent....

The Salford - Hull game has been typical of the inconsistency of a lot of teams so far this season.

The general concensus after Salford were easily beaten by Wakey last week was that the Reds were one of the worse teams to visit Belle Vue in the last few seasons:confused:

It is indicative that the general standard of teams in this years SL is closer than ever, which makes for an exciting and unpredictable season ahead.

Advertisement