Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Racing Podcasts / Youtube

Options
  • 02-02-2021 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Here is a list of Podcasts / YouTube videos that folks might find handy for getting their racing fix! :

Road to Cheltenham - Ruby Walsh & Lydia Hislop Racing TV (can get on YouTube)
    Final Furlong Podcast - Emmet Kennedy , Rory Delargy, Kate Treacy and guests.
    Betfair Betting Podcast - Hugh Cahill , Kevin Blake , Tony Calvin & Dan Barber.
    Sporting Life Racing Podcast: Festival Fever - David Ord, Ben Linfoot, Ed Chamberlin, Cornelius Lysaght, Rory Delargy.
    Nick Luck Daily Podcast - with Nick Luck!
    The Road to Cheltenham Challenge - Champ TV. (YouTube)
    Upping the Ante - David Jennings & Gavin Lynch. (YouTube)
    Off the Fence - Barry Geraghty , Tony Keenan & Vanessa Royale. (YouTube)
    What A Shout - Dave Orton Paul Kealy & guests Racing Post. (YouTube)
    The Finishing Line Podcast - bunch of lads , not sure who they are! Can be got on YouTube.
    Cheltenham Festival 2021 Ante-post | Head-To-Head - Dan Overall Twitter(?) (YouTube)
    TRADER CHAT | Cheltenham Festival Antepost Liabilities - Johnny Ward plus Starsports. (YouTube)
    thejockeyclub1750 - all racing. (YouTube)
    Off The Ball Friday Night Racing - Newstalk/OTB.
    Horse Racing Heros Podcast - Mark Walsh Twitter.
    #Racehour podcast

Might be of interest to a few. Think that's enough! No doubt there is plenty more and some I have forgotten.
    Take too long to be adding links so do some work yourself! :p

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Which one is the cheesy English dude?

I love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Caught a few clips from The Finishing Line on You Tube
    Dear Jesus Christ
    They would be better off getting 3 Woody or buzz lightyear dolls and pulling the strings
    Absolute balloons!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Caught a few clips from The Finishing Line on You Tube
    Dear Jesus Christ
    They would be better off getting 3 Woody or buzz lightyear dolls and pulling the strings
    Absolute balloons!

im in a competition with that crowd, a tipster competition.

not very well run is an understatement!!

i like Blair White , hes a likeable chap with good reasoning, and easy to listen to .

akelly02 wrote: »
    im in a competition with that crowd, a tipster competition.

not very well run is an understatement!!

i like Blair White , hes a likeable chap with good reasoning, and easy to listen to .

I gave them a few weeks, absolute sh*t show

Agree ré ABW, once you get passed the accent he is very good

I gave them a few weeks, absolute sh*t show

Agree ré ABW, once you get passed the accent he is very good

yea, my brother ran into blair at leopardstown last year, very sound apparantly

that tony keenan drives me furcking mad! cant stand him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

yea, my brother ran into blair at leopardstown last year, very sound apparantly

that tony keenan drives me furcking mad! cant stand him

It's that accent :pac:

Earendil wrote: »
    It's that accent :pac:

ohh its brutal

ohh its brutal

Its olmost as if he doess it owwnn poorrppoasee

Himself and Josh Stacey have a good YouTube podcast
    I would be a fan
    . The Waterford lads are painful

at least there is a good bit of chat about racing with all these podcasts

keeps us all interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Delighted to find this post. Was a long time listener to the final furlong but it's a shadow of what it was. Kennedy and Blake worked really well together but since Blake left it has gone backwards. The last show Kennedy managed to get "mouth words" (no point in me explaining that to anyone who doesn't listen as even if you get it there's nothing funny) and his medication in during the first 30 seconds. The previous show opened with a 10 minute rant that had nothing to do with racing. I might give the bet fair one a go instead

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

I haven't listened to the final furlong in a while, I can't listen to that crap anymore, the weekend preview, released today, is 3hrs and 23mins, what a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Podcast from AidanKKK who posts on here. :
    https://soundcloud.com/aidanoharakk/...ong-shot-value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

famagusta wrote: »
    I haven't listened to the final furlong in a while, I can't listen to that crap anymore, the weekend preview, released today, is 3hrs and 23mins, what a joke

Was going for a run yesterday, said I'd put it on. I do try build my route around roughly the time a podcast will take. Needless to say I was changing to a 40 minute podcast sharply enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Castlecomer

famagusta wrote: »

I just keep hoping that the next Final Furlong Podcast will be the final Final Furlong Podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Kid Charlemagne

I just keep hoping that the next Final Furlong Podcast will be the final Final Furlong Podcast.

:eek::eek::eek:
    Jaysis I wouldn't go that far.

They are some men to sh1te on though in fairness.

The worst part for me is that I really enjoyed it a few years back. But Kennedy has just grown to love the sound of his own voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

Was a great podcast back in the day of Robbie Mcnamara , Blake , Binnie Ryle .
    It has gotten a bit stale recently , far too long in fairness and too much padding altogether.
    Kenners is like Marmite , I actually like him. His genuine love of the sport is very evident . I just think jacking in the djing on the radio to go down the horse-racing route put him under severe pressure.
    All of a sudden he’s on the number 1 racing podcast and is on ITV racing as well!!! A lot happened in a short space of time and unfortunately it’s taken a bit of a dip recently, some of it down to Emmet himself .
    Hope he bounces back . And the podcast too .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

seoirsem wrote: »
    Kenners.

Wow, that’s embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

seoirsem wrote: »
    Was a great podcast back in the day of Robbie Mcnamara , Blake , Binnie Ryle .
    It has gotten a bit stale recently , far too long in fairness and too much padding altogether.
    Kenners is like Marmite , I actually like him. His genuine love of the sport is very evident . I just think jacking in the djing on the radio to go down the horse-racing route put him under severe pressure.
    All of a sudden he’s on the number 1 racing podcast and is on ITV racing as well!!! A lot happened in a short space of time and unfortunately it’s taken a bit of a dip recently, some of it down to Emmet himself .
    Hope he bounces back . And the podcast too .

Looks like our Emmet is in a spot of bother on Twitter again about a tweet he sent out "confirming" that the Moran horses in Gordon's yard were on their way to Noel Meades.
    It's all gotten a bit heated and personal again which is definitely where he lets himself down imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭chancer007

I listen to betfair podcast on a Mon, atr on a Tues & then, on the hunt & racehour podcasts, some repetition but easy listening when you are out for a walk

chancer007 wrote: »
    I listen to betfair podcast on a Mon, atr on a Tues & then, on the hunt & racehour podcasts, some repetition but easy listening when you are out for a walk

If you were to recommend one which would you suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Whats Emmet Kennedy done this time. See a few mentions of him on twitter from that icy tentacles account

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭chancer007

If you were to recommend one which would you suggest?

On the hunt was good last week, team went through the handicaps & gave their selections, some good reasoning behind their selections, a few outsiders selected, they didnt all go for fav's

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Leslie Purkiss

I see the Tiger Roll podcasts aren't available on Apple.

This a glitch or has it been pulled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

whats the must watch chelthenham prevews? going thru the paddy power one atm. Its okay

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Sunday, March 14
    Upping the Ante with Racing Post and bet365with David Jennings and Gavin Lynch.
    Free, live at 4pm.

Jockey Club preview evening with Ruby Walsh, AP McCoy, Barry Geraghty and hosted by Alice Plunkett.
    Free, live on Facebook and YouTube at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

At 2:00 this afternoon the final furlong bring out a 2 hour preview of day 1. Just pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Leslie Purkiss

I see the Tiger Roll podcasts aren't available on Apple.

This a glitch or has it been pulled?

I emailed the team at Doc On One and received the below automated response.

Regarding our recent podcast series, Tiger Roll: The People's Horse - we've paused the series for now, to take account of recent developments in Tiger's story.

Advertisement