Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draftkings golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Only had a single entry and unfortunately doc Redman ruining things for me with my other runner

DJ
    Hatton
    Tiger
    Grillo
    Horschel

Billy Ho not doing great either, I know as he's in a few of my teams!

it's not easy to get 6/6 through this week, here's a good site to keep track of these things..

https://twitter.com/CutSweats/status/1296900021846265857

Day ejects and i think thats me done

And rose ejection might not even get a 4/6

Well looks like I will manage to scrape 1 single solitary team through with 6/6, looks like I have a good few 5/6s Morikawa and Redman being my two main squad wreckers!

Team through is DJ, Berger, Thomas, Davis, Gooch, Werenski.

Gooch really tried his best to fck it up starting at -5 , he dropped back to -1 but a late hattrick of birdies, turned him into a hero again.

Will probably throw in 3 teams into showdown tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Was 20th in the pat mayo after yesterday with a single bullet. Not so good today and day missing the cut means it's downhill again from here. Didn't get around to doing 20 teams that I'd planned, will likely be post fed ex now that I give it a proper go, next few weeks with reduced fields not as appetising.

Did any of ye used to do the Irish times fantasy golf out of interest? Missing it big time this year, have done it every year for about 18 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Billy Ho not doing great either, I know as he's in a few of my teams!

it's not easy to get 6/6 through this week, here's a good site to keep track of these things..

https://twitter.com/CutSweats/status/1296900021846265857

I completely misread Horschels score earlier!!! Must have thought it was a - rather than +

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    Was 20th in the pat mayo after yesterday with a single bullet. Not so good today and day missing the cut means it's downhill again from here. Didn't get around to doing 20 teams that I'd planned, will likely be post fed ex now that I give it a proper go, next few weeks with reduced fields not as appetising.

Did any of ye used to do the Irish times fantasy golf out of interest? Missing it big time this year, have done it every year for about 18 years

Yeah played it the last 3 or 4 years and was convinced I will win it one year, I was genuinely fuming about the golf being shut down and the fact the fantasy wouldn't go ahead,I was looking forward to it ever since last years comp ended! now that I've found draftkings I'm not as bothered though!

I did so bad at the Irish times golf played it last 2 years I was pyched for it, but like FPL if ive to keep up weekly on things I do badly also not any way knowledgeable on euro golf.

Harman watson and streelman ones to watch for the weekend if they can get a putter going probaly going to fire up some low buy in weekend teams

Will probably throw in some rose, now he has squeaked in, short game not working this week in a total turn around and won be a decent clip before when he made the cut at the open with a puit on the last to get through

Won a weekly one year and came 3rd another year but it is tough. Far prefer it to the DK just like the planning ahead etc.

Won a weekly one year and came 3rd another year but it is tough. Far prefer it to the DK just like the planning ahead etc.

How do you plan ahead is the thing when you dont know who is playing what, i mean I know you have 4 subs around tbf but ya I often forget about it.

Euro tour entry lists are usually out about 3 weeks in advance. A lot of pga tour events will have some of the field listed a couple of weeks ahead. Subject to pull outs etc naturally.

Certain players play the same events each year. A bit of guess work but you can get a bit ahead of the field in terms of maximising number of players playing each week. Then you have others like Im who generally tend to play a lot.

• Advertisement

Mangaed to turn a profit of $120 approx for the week. My 6/6 team cashed for $50 and a few other dribs and drabs.

Yesterday I put 3 showdown teams and got 3rd in a contest for $150, so that was nice. DJ,Berger, Hovland, Palmer, Noren, Gooch was the team.

I'll take that considering it was shaping up like a disastrous week, more ammo for next week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

My only team cashed for a tenner!

This weeks 70 man no cut tournament isn't really getting the juices flowing, I have 7 teams total, will probably play a few of the showdowns during it for a bit more interest

3 x $3 $45k Hybrid (3entry max)
    3 x $3 $250k Birdie (20 entry max)
    1 x $5 $50k Caddie (Single entry)

Will probably stick 2 teams in the Euro event too, just undecided at the moment.

Ive thrown in 3 into the 25 will probably fix up one team and enter it in a few single entries.

Think I've hovland, bubba, wolf, henly in at least 2

Not sure what to do with DJ top price is fair, but the tv time he got last week means higher ownership straight off the bat not to mention the clinic he put on.

Pricing doesn't look that bad either so he should be easy fit in.

I probably need to put my recency bias away and fade him but its hard given a similar distance course.

Last week deffo favoured the long right to left hitters given the leaderboard,

Hovland has seemingly learned to putt so if he can get the rest of his game back can see him doing well, had a monster last round going only to fall away on the back 9.

Bubba seems to be in a happy place working on his mental game, actually had a few putts go in at pace until sunday, so hopefully that trends well. for a dude who wins a lot and is always gaining off the tee

Thomas made nothing last week over 4 rounds but outside of that game looks sharp, his driving has always scared me but i saw over the weekend its not as gung ho as it used to be.

as I said still early just getting in my entries and wont be heavy this week

given its a no cut i'll care a little less about ownership and a little more on being unique so will probably leave 400+ on the table (depending on ownership)

This weeks 70 man no cut tournament isn't really getting the juices flowing, I have 7 teams total, will probably play a few of the showdowns during it for a bit more interest

3 x $3 $45k Hybrid (3entry max)
    3 x $3 $250k Birdie (20 entry max)
    1 x $5 $50k Caddie (Single entry)

Will probably stick 2 teams in the Euro event too, just undecided at the moment.

Got suckered in, I couldn't resist, so I have 10 teams in the $250k Birdie now!
    Did stick a couple in the euro event as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Struggling to pick this week.
    Prob give Wolff and Oosthuizen another spin.
    Probably try Scheffler.
    And weighing up Finau!

Any advice welcome

Dustin only came in at 14%, Berger the top player at 25 :eek:

Hovland who I am gambling on at 22 dont like that tbh.

I know DJ was expensive but you could still make teams around him easy enough I felt.

Anyways needles to say I cant predict ownership for **** :P

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Struggling to pick this week.
    Prob give Wolff and Oosthuizen another spin.
    Probably try Scheffler.
    And weighing up Finau!

Any advice welcome

I did feck all research this week just kinda picked players I thought could improve on last week mainly.

Louis is the most frustrating golfer for me, just because he really doesn't give a **** about golf, is always a decent withdraw risk, doesn't seem to practice all that much and he is one of my more favourite players I'd honestly like to see him do better with his career then he has.

Not that its a bad career just probably could have been better still yet to win in America I believe

Actually did my first 20x entry this week, in the $3.

I didnt go with Louis in the end!
    Wanted DJ and shuffled accordingly. No cut so rolled the dice on a couple of "scrubs"

DJ, Finau, Wolff, Scheffler, Long & Thompson

Based my picks on PGA at Harding Park and Muirfield - (Bent/Poa greens)

• Advertisement

btw somebody challenged me in a head to head this week!
    This happen to anyone before?

No idea who it is. Accepted out of curiosity.
    Their team is Berger, Morikawa, English, Hovland, Henley, Gooch.

4 of the highest owned golfers in their team. So im probably up against it!

CMcsporty wrote: »
    btw somebody challenged me in a head to head this week!
    This happen to anyone before?

No idea who it is. Accepted out of curiosity.
    Their team is Berger, Morikawa, English, Hovland, Henley, Gooch.

4 of the highest owned golfers in their team. So im probably up against it!

Yea someone challenged me a few weeks ago for $5 I think it was, I just ignored it tbh, not sure how they end up sending me the challenge.

Ya you get them challenges a bit I guess depending on how you play.

I just ignore them in case its people just mass sending them to people potentially using optimal line ups and trying to max out what they can play, might not be that nefarious.

But tbh what kinda edge are you going to have on someone who is challenging you and a rake of 10% probably nothing ever

If you want to play some double ups just play in the bigger field ones, and maybe the single entry ones as you wont be getting eaten alive by the sharks of the world

Not going too good so far this week, anyone having any joy?

Just stuck a team in a $5 showdown for today Dj, Cantlay, Bubba, Horschel, Wolff, Conners.

DJ has just rescued another week for me!
    Best putt I’ve ever seen!!

Hope he wins it now.
    Not sure if points from playoff are counted.

Got about $45 back from my $60 of entries in the $3 tourney last week. Bit more craic having more teams entered alright. Not much interest this week.

Got about $45 back from my $60 of entries in the $3 tourney last week. Bit more craic having more teams entered alright. Not much interest this week.

Got $30 back from my approx $70, it's hard not to get at least some money back, that's the good thing!

Same this week, not much doing for the Tour Championship, gotta be tough to pick teams that aren't duped surely. Will stick a few in the Euro event anyway.

As an aside does anyone know a good place to get in depth stats for the Euro Tour similar to what you might get at Fantasy national for the PGA Tour?

Dustin only came in at 14%, Berger the top player at 25 :eek:

Hovland who I am gambling on at 22 dont like that tbh.

I know DJ was expensive but you could still make teams around him easy enough I felt.

Anyways needles to say I cant predict ownership for **** :P

Just copped this now, what that a typo or Alan Partridge reference!?!

What’s the story this week lads?
    Thinking of giving it a miss this week.

Don’t like the idea of second guessing how someone will play in an event where they probably can’t win it outright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Might be off interest to some of your DraftKings aficionados

Advertisement