Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Golf Simulator

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jimbee

Where did you order from?

Sergio Coyle is the Republic of Ireland rep for Mia sports UK. He's a pro and does golf lessons in Dublin also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Jimbee wrote: »
    Sergio Coyle is the Republic of Ireland rep for Mia sports UK. He's a pro and does golf lessons in Dublin also.

So does he take the order or do you order online with Mia? Was looking at it myself as I want a launch monitor rather than simulator.

So does he take the order or do you order online with Mia? Was looking at it myself as I want a launch monitor rather than simulator.

I emailed Mia sport and Sergio called me to discuss. The 8 weeks is a let down as the lockdown could be over but good practice tool all the same. Ge said you need ios if you want to play the free courses on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Where did you order from?

Direct to MIA Sports Technology in the UK.
    I can pm details if you want

Speaking about skytrak and the sunlight issue I wonder if its a major problem in Ireland as we wouldn't get the sun like the USA for instance, and most of these forms are USA based. Would a sun umbrella be enough to make it work outdoors.

I thought the same thing. I tried to buy a skytrak of adverts a few weeks ago (but it was too much) but after talking to a friend who got a Mevo Plus last summer I went with the Mevo. I’d say a sun umbrella would work but I thought why try to make it work when I can buy the Mevo

• Advertisement

I thought the same thing. I tried to buy a skytrak of adverts a few weeks ago (but it was too much) but after talking to a friend who got a Mevo Plus last summer I went with the Mevo. I’d say a sun umbrella would work but I thought why try to make it work when I can buy the Mevo

Did you have to pay duty?
    I was told it would be about 35 sterling but it seems low on a 2000€ machine.

Did you have to pay duty?
    I was told it would be about 35 sterling but it seems low on a 2000€ machine.

I’m guessing about 12% and Vat as well. They sell ex Vat.
    I did hear something about a low import tax but I’m expecting the 12%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

We are a reseller for SkyTrak, the launch monitors and peripherals should be declared using the EU customs code 9506.39.9000. The origin of the goods is Malaysia for the launch monitor and USA for the peripherals. In both cases a 3rd country tariff of 2.7% applies. The VAT rate will be the our rate here, 21% at the moment. There will be no UK vat charged on these imports.

Shipping is about €35 and their will be VAT on that too

We are a reseller for SkyTrak, the launch monitors and peripherals should be declared using the EU customs code 9506.39.9000. The origin of the goods is Malaysia for the launch monitor and USA for the peripherals. In both cases a 3rd country tariff of 2.7% applies. The VAT rate will be the our rate here, 21% at the moment. There will be no UK vat charged on these imports.

Would you have an idea on the delivery times?

8 weeks for the mevo plus is a bit long I hope the don't liquidate in the mean time as there won't be any comeback.

• Advertisement

8 weeks for the mevo plus is a bit long I hope the don't liquidate in the mean time as there won't be any comeback.

It’s been that way for over a year. All I’ll lose is the £200 deposit. I pay the balance once it’s being delivered to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sipper

Do you have any Skytrak units in stock, new or used?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Sipper wrote: »
    Do you have any Skytrak units in stock, new or used?

I wish, I could sell 50 of them if I could get them. Orders today will arrive in July.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mark316

Anyone in dublin have a home simulator set up with skytrak?

Did a good bit of research last year and went with a refurbished GC2. If anyone has any questions id be glad to give them my opinions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

soffregio wrote: »
    Did a good bit of research last year and went with a refurbished GC2. If anyone has any questions id be glad to give them my opinions etc.

How much did that set you back?

Where did you buy it? It is the best choice by far. I looked on the foresight site bug there were none available.

Where did you buy it? It is the best choice by far. I looked on the foresight site bug there were none available.

Foresight. There were plenty last year. Easy to see why they're hard to find now.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

SOR2010 wrote: »
    Sorry Fran I must of missed this,
    Putting is ok takes some getting used too!
    In TGC19 you can set putts to read straight only but you still need to pick line, If there is a break it will still break it's only STRAIGHT in the sense of the stroke!

Lots of competitions online have putting on with 2 yard gimmes

Hi sor2010 - do you compete on the golfsimulatortour??? I try to play every week - not many Irish flags on there though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Did you get the standalone unit or also get the clubhead add on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Has anybody seen the one offered for sale on Donedeal for €12,700?

The advert says it's an Optishot simulator (which are about €600 new).

There's a picture included of something which isn't an Optishot.

The seller is dreaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭booferking

I purchased a Mevo + and went the full setup bought TGC 2019 along with it over the moon with its performance purchased last year since lockdown so has paid off already not being fit to play with the restrictions in place currently.

Video below is driving range on TGC 2019 software

https://youtu.be/Kp5W_vjWT6w

Direct to MIA Sports Technology in the UK.
    I can pm details if you want

I bought mine from a company in Australia they hold stock think there one of the only few that do, have family in Sydney so got it shipped there then they sent it to me here just took 2 weeks to get after i purchased couldn't wait 8 weeks with buying direct my mate bought 1 near the same time as me direct from the uk/Ireland distributor took near 10 weeks to come.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Did you get the standalone unit or also get the clubhead add on?

Standalone

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mark316

Where did you get the golf mat and what did it cost?
    Thanks
    booferking wrote: »
    I purchased a Mevo + and went the full setup bought TGC 2019 along with it over the moon with its performance purchased last year since lockdown so has paid off already not being fit to play with the restrictions in place currently.

Video below is driving range on TGC 2019 software

https://youtu.be/Kp5W_vjWT6w

mark316 wrote: »
    Where did you get the golf mat and what did it cost?
    Thanks

Got them on Ebay the link below bought 2 of them total cost was £380

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ForeMatGolf-150CM-X-150CM-STANDARD-FIBRE-PRACTISE-GOLF-MAT-/224142134697?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very tempted to get one for new house as have plenty of room in garage.
    Decisions decisions

Below our some images and prices of my setup its a basic enough finish as in my warehouse and didn't want to spend to much as will eventually be moving this to my new home build.

Hope information below helps

Impact screen 3m x 3m
    Mevo to ball 7.6ft
    Ball to screen 9.6ft
    Projector to screen 17.2ft

Mevo+ £2300
    TCG Software £894.00
    Gaming pc Computer £750
    Optoma hd143x projector £420
    Fibre air mats £380.00
    Artificial grass £254.00
    Archery impact screen £159.00
    Black out Curtains £400
    Foam padding £155.00
    Sofa and singles was freeðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

Hi sor2010 - do you compete on the golfsimulatortour??? I try to play every week - not many Irish flags on there though!!!

I’m not getting any notifications on a thread I started 🀷ðŸ»*♂️ Yes I play in a few societies Golfaholics mini tour mostly as they don’t allow boost, they follow the pga tour good bunch of guys and have a group page on Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

There plenty happening this year with Full swing Kit being launched, it’s promising a lot of data for $4000 will be interesting to see what price it will be in Europe

Advertisement