Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered item now gone off my bank account.

Options
  • 19-07-2020 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭

I purchased an item last weekend online for €100 from a well known store.
    I paid via Visa Debit. As with most things the money goes from my account and it may stay pending for a few days.
    I didn't receive the item Yesterday and I needed it and I rang them about it. They said there was a small problem with sourcing the item but I should have it next week. I said grand.
    I checked my account tonight and I am up €100.
    There's no mention of the transaction anywhere.
    I haven't received any emails either apart from the conformation one.
    Does anybody have any idea what happened here?

Will I have any chance of getting the item? I sort of need it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

I purchased an item last weekend online for €100 from a well known store.
    I paid via Visa Debit. As with most things the money goes from my account and it may stay pending for a few days.
    I didn't receive the item Yesterday and I needed it and I rang them about it. They said there was a small problem with sourcing the item but I should have it next week. I said grand.
    I checked my account tonight and I am up €100.
    There's no mention of the transaction anywhere.
    I haven't received any emails either apart from the conformation one.
    Does anybody have any idea what happened here?

Will I have any chance of getting the item? I sort of need it.

They refunded your money and cancelled the transaction, they may not be able to fulfil their side of the bargain, be glad that you got you money back and try to order it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They refunded your money and cancelled the transaction, they may not be able to fulfil their side of the bargain, be glad that you got you money back and try to order it elsewhere.

Thanks!
    I was just expecting it to show up in my statement similar to when I got refunded before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Don’t assume it has been cancelled.

They may have put a hold on EUR 100, planning to complete the transaction when the item was shipped. Since it hasn’t shipped yet the hold may have expired.

There is a good chance that they will still ship it then the transaction will reappear as a delayed transaction.

Best to ring them again tomorrow and check the status of the transaction.

Advertisement