Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIG 4 - Paying for post FAE Masters in Accountancy

Options
  • 15-07-2020 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I came across a prospectus from one of the Big 4 in Dublin where they said they would pay for a Masters in Accountancy for those trainees who have completed their FAE exams.

Do you know which of the big 4 offer this?

For these masters which are one year full time courses, for example the Masters in Accountancy in UCD, how does that fit time wise with work and is there study leave granted for this also?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

A masters in Accountancy would be fairly pointless when you've already qualified

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭DUBLINIRL

It must add some value beyond the CAI qualification if the Big 4 are willing to fund it and actively promote it as a benefit when recruiting graduates. It also reduces the qualification time from 3.5 years to 3 years and could provide better job opportunities even if little additional knowledge is gained so there are some reasons why it would be an attractive option to people who have completed the FAEs.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

MACC is done before you join. They will pay for it. Then you only have to sit FAE's in your shorter 3 year training contract

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Have you misread by any chance? It doesn't sound right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I know ACCA offer a Masters in Accountancy to go along with their membership qualification.

I dont have a degree or big 4 trained myself, I started into the ACCA exams at with the basics at F1. What I have noted that in a couple of interviews in industry, particularly US based companies that a degree and masters is a more recognisable qualification to them than ACA or ACCA. Or it was at least very surprising I was getting qualified as an accountant without a university qualification.

I am completing my final two ACCA exams this year and will probably go on to do the degree and masters which appear to be additional projects, the exams completed in ACCA count as exam credits to the degree and masters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭DUBLINIRL

Congrats on working your way through the ACCA exams. Great accomplishment.

Advertisement