Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Delivery Restrictions to Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

One of my long lost packages arrived today out of the blue .I have got a refund already .Just wondering will Amazon take payment again automatically or will I

have to make contact .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

rebeve wrote: »
    One of my long lost packages arrived today out of the blue .I have got a refund already .Just wondering will Amazon take payment again automatically or will I

have to make contact .

Did you sign for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Did you sign for it?

Collected it from depot , so they asked for id but wouldnt let me sign for it .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It’ll be updated as delivered. You should see thaton your Amazon account.

whiterebel wrote: »

That was what I was going to say its been signed for even though you didn't sign for it so Amazon know you have it.

If you don't want to pay for it then its a free return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭dougm1970

my tv wall bracket that was down to be delivered today (ordered may 20) ...i got an email this morning saying its got a new delivery date.....july 23rd !!
    i cancelled it....got one from freetv.ie...ordered today, be here tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Ordered from Amazon on Saturday 6th, delivery to Parcel Wizard NI by Tuesday, or Ireland by next Friday 19th.
    Parcel Wizard delivered this morning to my home.

If I still had Prime it would have been quicker to NI by 1 day but still the same 13 days to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i had an order from amazon recently that didnt turn up and amazon refunded me. it turned up 2 weeks later. it is still showing as not delivered on amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

I order something recently then a few days later the carrier sent it back :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Might be fun if people here emailed jeff@amazon.com with a link to this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Just to chime in here, seeing the same thing, delivery in two days to UK for anything I've picked but the guts of two weeks to here so clearly we are an after thought right now. I have noticed the last couple of items An Post have left sitting in the parcel hub for 4-5 days so they are clearly struggling too. I wonder if they asked Amazon to stagger the dispatches to avoid getting swamped and that is making things worse (as the dispatch delay has gotten worse over the last two months rather than better) . Pondered cancelling Prime but only a month of it left anyway and it's still handy to order items less than 25 quid but probably won't renew it unless there is a 59 pound offer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dave..M wrote: »
    I have noticed the last couple of items An Post have left sitting in the parcel hub for 4-5 days so they are clearly struggling too. I wonder if they asked Amazon to stagger the dispatches to avoid getting swamped.

That's an interesting theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

everything i have ordered recently that came via An Post has been delivered 2-3 days after dispatch.

everything i have ordered recently that came via An Post has been delivered 2-3 days after dispatch.

The delivery at this end isn't the problem, its waiting 10 days for Amazon to dispatch is slowing everything up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Went to order something on Amazon on Sunday night, delivery 19th June. Found alternative on Heatons website, ordered Sunday night, dispatched from UK Monday, delivered to me today. I've used eBay a lot lately too because Amazon just don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭raxy

I placed an order yesterday, said delivery by the 22nd. Went back into the order & there is an option to change delivery speed. The only option was delivery 3-5 days. Clicked it & expected delivery is not the 16th - 23nd.
    Probably end up getting it on the 23rd now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Same here until recently, only last two weeks really that I noticed things slowing down; I had two packages sitting in D12 Parcel depot , one for 4 days (excluding weekend) came today, the other has been there for 3 days so far. In fairness An Post have done a good job to date, you can see they are very busy with the amount of vans going around hopefully they keep it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

So yet again, more comparisons

I ordered a phone for my wife using Prime delivery on 3rd June at 11.50am
    Got notified of dispatch @ 13.10 on June 10th (yesterday), so 7 days before dispatch

Today I ordered a Roku Premiere TV stick and despite ordering 2 earlier in the year direct to Ireland, it shows as not available to Republic of Ireland,
    So I ordered today @ 15.30 for delivery to Parcel Motel
    Just now at 21.30, 6 hours later, I was emailed that it has been dispatched!!!

6 hour dispatch vs 7 day dispatch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anybody ordering a few items from amazon might find it quicker and possibly cheaper to order from amazon Germany and use mailboxde.com or mygermany.com etc.
    I find mailboxde excellent. You can choose your courier based on their prices and timeframe, and you can also consolidate packages.
    So you could order a few items over any given time frame and then have it all packed and sent as one item from your chosen courier.
    Consolidating is €13.50 per year and well worth it imo.
    I don't know if mygermany offer that, I have only used them a handful of times and not needed to consolidate.

Think that can go either way depending on what your ordering. Don't know about delivery times but I just ordered stainless steel water bottles. £13.97 on Amazon UK but €21.99 on .de.
    Obviously in sure there are plenty of examples that work the other way around though.
    The websites you linked are interesting though, I've been stung a few times where Amazon ship items separately & I end up paying twice for parcel wizard. I even ordered 2 of the same item recently which were shipped separately for some reason.

• Advertisement

Disappointing that, when you cancel Prime, they don't ask you why you are cancelling.

Just had an email to say an item has been dispatched, that it's being delivered by An Post, but won't arrive until the 22nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Discodog wrote: »
    Disappointing that, when you cancel Prime, they don't ask you why you are cancelling.

Just had an email to say an item has been dispatched, that it's being delivered by An Post, but won't arrive until the 22nd.

I had one of those, when I questioned CS about it they said it was at an advance stage of dispatch and I couldn't cancel it even though the order showed as dispatched :confused:

DrZeuss wrote: »
    I had one of those, when I questioned CS about it they said it was at an advance stage of dispatch and I couldn't cancel it even though the order showed as dispatched :confused:

According to Amazon my order took two days to get from Germany to the UK but will take a week to get to me & that's with Prime.

They clearly don't know Ireland as they say that it will be delivered next Sunday :pac:

My order from 26 May was dispatched yesterday according to the email. Delivery Tuesday officially but I'd be pretty confident it will arrive tomorrow, An Post always deliver a day early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭robbie67

Caranica wrote: »
    My order from 26 May was dispatched yesterday according to the email. Delivery Tuesday officially but I'd be pretty confident it will arrive tomorrow, An Post always deliver a day early.

Just came back from a walk I seen an anpost van delivering parcels imagine they vere Amazon parcels very unusual on a Sunday must have some backlog ,this was in Dublin

robbie67 wrote: »
    Just came back from a walk I seen an anpost van delivering parcels imagine they vere Amazon parcels very unusual on a Sunday must have some backlog ,this was in Dublin

My doorbell rang at 8.15am but I didn't answer it. Heard a van drive off a few minutes later. I'd been awake at 4.30am to watch rugby so had gone back to sleep. Could have been them I guess. No missed delivery card though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭VG31

robbie67 wrote: »

I got an An Post delivery today.

Caranica wrote: »

When an post took over delivering for Amazon they were a mess at the start, I think they added to the expected delivery dates because of it. Orders would be 2-3 days late. This was pre covid so nothing to do with that, probably just underestimated the work involved.
    They seem to have improved since but the delivery time hasn't changed.

raxy wrote: »
    When an post took over delivering for Amazon they were a mess at the start, I think they added to the expected delivery dates because of it. Orders would be 2-3 days late. This was pre covid so nothing to do with that, probably just underestimated the work involved.

My point was that it took from 26 May to 13 June to dispatch the order (18 days) and it is likely that I'll have it tomorrow ie 2 days after dispatch. An Post are playing a blinder, Amazon are a shambles.

raxy wrote: »

It was great when they took it over first. Text day one, deliver next day. Then the test gave 2 day notice, and now its up to 3 days. They usually get it here in 2.

• Advertisement

It was great when they took it over first. Text day one, deliver next day. Then the test gave 2 day notice, and now its up to 3 days. They usually get it here in 2.

The last text I got on Friday was down to 2 days again.

As expected, order arrived this morning. 18 days to dispatch. Dispatched Saturday, delivered Monday. And I'm paying for prime???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Glad (?) it's not just me. Everything I order doesn't get sent for a week. So it takes two weeks, with the first just sitting wherever it is.

Have two deliveries that were update today;

Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire GB

Lonate Pozzolo, VA IT

Both will arrive Friday. Both were ordered 9th June. Amazon are blaming COVID, but have gotten stuff via Parcel Motel within 3 days. Ordered a drill on the 21st May, Parcel Motel received it on the 23rd May. But anything coming to Ireland doesn't get dispatched for a week!

Well its definitely not An Post. Order finally dispatched in UK Friday afternoon delivered by An Post Monday morning, but ordered 10 days ago.

There is a problem with AnPost. Whenever they text me I use the opportunity to re route the package to my local PO for collection. But then all tracking stops so there is no way to know if it's at the PO.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

I had it out with Amazon about the fact I am paying for prime and “2day delivery” but any item I look at buying will take approximately 10 days to deliver. The first excuse I got was they are prioritizing essential items. I pointed out that was incorrect as it I chose for example an air vent to UK it would be delivered the next day. When I change location to Ireland it was going to be 10 business days. They have no explaination for it, put on to 3 different CS, the last one telling me how he is based in Ireland and basically it’s just how it is now until it sets up in Ireland. It’s very annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

It appears that there is no difference, when ordering, between free delivery and prime at the moment. I only use the free delivery, and once dispatched it just takes two days to deliver. I’ve also found that orders of £19 up get free delivery here.

This mornings package was ordered on 7 June, dispatched 14 June, delivered this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

canihave wrote: »
    I had it out with Amazon about the fact I am paying for prime and “2day delivery” but any item I look at buying will take approximately 10 days to deliver. The first excuse I got was they are prioritizing essential items. I pointed out that was incorrect as it I chose for example an air vent to UK it would be delivered the next day. When I change location to Ireland it was going to be 10 business days. They have no explaination for it, put on to 3 different CS, the last one telling me how he is based in Ireland and basically it’s just how it is now until it sets up in Ireland. It’s very annoying

I had a similar conversation yesterday.
    Ordered 5th June . originally said " arriving 16th June"
    Got a dispatch notification yesterday with expected delivery of 19th June.
    CS basically told me that if 19th didn't suit, that I could refuse delivery.
    I explained that this wasn't an option as it was a gift.
    Eventually they said that I could have the items for free and I would be refunded on delivery.
    The reality is that Ireland is very low priority for Amazon.
    Planning on cancelling Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

CH3OH wrote: »
    I had a similar conversation yesterday.
    Ordered 5th June . originally said " arriving 16th June"
    Got a dispatch notification yesterday with expected delivery of 19th June.
    CS basically told me that if 19th didn't suit, that I could refuse delivery.
    I explained that this wasn't an option as it was a gift.
    Eventually they said that I could have the items for free and I would be refunded on delivery.
    The reality is that Ireland is very low priority for Amazon.
    Planning on cancelling Prime

It's such a shame because it was great. Wonder what it's like from Germany for example. Its not worth paying prime if the deliveries can be made quicker through the likes of parcel motel etc.

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    There is a problem with AnPost. Whenever they text me I use the opportunity to re route the package to my local PO for collection. But then all tracking stops so there is no way to know if it's at the PO.

But thats nothing to do with Amazon.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

the_syco wrote: »
    Glad (?) it's not just me. Everything I order doesn't get sent for a week. So it takes two weeks, with the first just sitting wherever it is.

Have two deliveries that were update today;

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire GB

Lonate Pozzolo, VA IT

Both will arrive Friday. Both were ordered 9th June. Amazon are blaming COVID, but have gotten stuff via Parcel Motel within 3 days. Ordered a drill on the 21st May, Parcel Motel received it on the 23rd May. But anything coming to Ireland doesn't get dispatched for a week!

Parcel motel is domestic post for them though, which couriers and postal service are rightly prioritising, just as they are in Ireland.

It's not just Amazon either. It's a lot of retailers

Quite frankly people having a whinge at this sort of thing given the ongoing situation is a bit rich

Weepsie wrote: »
    Parcel motel is domestic post for them though, which couriers and postal service are rightly prioritising, just as they are in Ireland.

It's not just Amazon either. It's a lot of retailers

Quite frankly people having a whinge at this sort of thing given the ongoing situation is a bit rich

Amazon can't supply their Prime service to Irish customers while supplying it to their UK customers. Its a bit rich for them to ignore the problem and keep charging for Prime.

canihave wrote: »
    It's such a shame because it was great. Wonder what it's like from Germany for example. Its not worth paying prime if the deliveries can be made quicker through the likes of parcel motel etc.
    Doubt it's free to Ireland. Am seeing more items on Amazon being "no delivery to Ireland"; there should be a "will deliver to Ireland" option.

Contacted them there. Other than the "if stuff is not at fulfilment, it won't get delivered straight away", but avoided why if stuff is going to UK it'll go straight away, if stuff going to Ireland it won't be dispatched for a week. Got a fiver credit, but would prefer getting my stuff on time!

=-=

Has anyone tried Amazon.de Prime? What's shipping like? If it's faster than two weeks, and is free, may jump ship!

Has anyone tried Amazon.de Prime? What's shipping like? If it's faster than two weeks, and is free, may jump ship!

It seems to be exactly the same as far as I can tell.

VG31 wrote: »
    Regarding the time it takes to ship, or what Prime was pre-COVID?

• Advertisement

Regarding the time it takes to ship, or what Prime was pre-COVID?

The delivery times are the same as buying from Amazon.co.uk now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Interesting, I was convinced I only paid about £12 for my annual prime membership, but looking back through my history, and through a boards.ie bargain alert, it was actually £59 :D Now I'm thinking, why did I pay £59? Is there any benefit besides faster delivery (looks like it's no longer a thing)?

I know you're able to get free delivery on orders over £25 without Prime, and that you can get anything under £25 delivered free WITH Prime so you avoid delivery fees, on my page it says "You've avoided £284.24 in delivery fees", so obviously the £59 is worth it for me.

I try avoid ordering single stuff and generally wait until I've enough stuff to order a bigger delivery, it saves air miles, less hassle waiting in for stuff and I'm generally not in a rush for things I order, the prime delays spoken about in this thread aren't that big an issue for me. So waiting until I have over £25 worth of stuff has never really been an issue before I had Prime.

I'm just thinking is it worth the £79 renewal for me next month and what drew me to pay £59 for it in the first place as I can't really remember now :pac:

cormie wrote: »
    Interesting, I was convinced I only paid about £12 for my annual prime membership, but looking back through my history, and through a boards.ie bargain alert, it was actually £59 :D Now I'm thinking, why did I pay £59? Is there any benefit besides faster delivery (looks like it's no longer a thing)?

I know you're able to get free delivery on orders over £25 without Prime, and that you can get anything under £25 delivered free WITH Prime so you avoid delivery fees, on my page it says "You've avoided £284.24 in delivery fees", so obviously the £59 is worth it for me.

I try avoid ordering single stuff and generally wait until I've enough stuff to order a bigger delivery, it saves air miles, less hassle waiting in for stuff and I'm generally not in a rush for things I order, the prime delays spoken about in this thread aren't that big an issue for me. So waiting until I have over £25 worth of stuff has never really been an issue before I had Prime.

I'm just thinking is it worth the £79 renewal for me next month and what drew me to pay £59 for it in the first place as I can't really remember now :pac:

If you use their streaming service and store your pictures for "free" then its still a good deal if you don't watch anything on Prime video then it becomes less attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Amouar

VG31 wrote: »

I didn't know that we could get free deliveries from amazon.de with prime.

How long does orders take to arrive to Ireland?

Amouar wrote: »
    I didn't know that we could get free deliveries from amazon.de with prime.

How long does orders take to arrive to Ireland?

I was talking about the delivery times, not costs. Prime delivery is only free to Germany and Austria on Amazon.de.

There's really no point ordering from Amazon.de unless it's substantially cheaper as there are the same dispatch delays and you have to pay for delivery unlike Amazon.co.uk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement