Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Delivery Restrictions to Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

do passenger flights also take some cargo/ airmail with them? if so tbe reduced number of these might account for some of the delay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,137 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

muffler wrote: »
    Just picking up on this point. I did a search for ink cartridges for my printer and clicked on the first 6 of the search results and every one of them deliver to Ireland. Im not sure if its a rare type of cartridge you are after or something else but I dont see an issue. I had 2 deliveries from Amazon in the last week and while they weren't as fast as they were in the past they arrived though.

Just for the record Amazon are prioritising orders so that would explain some of the delays and general issues.

It's a Canon printer, I did want the XL cartridge alright, which is not as readily available. Ended up getting it from Viking direct at approximately 50% more than the Amazon price.

I haven't really seen massive delays, maybe 2 days longer than usual. None for some stuff, I got a wireless mouse in 3 days. It's the not shipping to Ireland thing that I've really noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Did you try Canon themselves? They'll have it delivered in a couple of days too.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Did you try Canon themselves? They'll have it delivered in a couple of days too.

Tried there first. Think the XL was out of stock, or there was a delay. Viking direct delivered next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

KAGY wrote: »
    do passenger flights also take some cargo/ airmail with them? if so tbe reduced number of these might account for some of the delay

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Looking to buy today from Amazon Prime ,noticed prime delivery option missing only standard and its 11 days but if i Parcel Motel it prime delivery option available with 2 day delivery this happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,915 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

mags1962 wrote: »
    Looking to buy today from Amazon Prime ,noticed prime delivery option missing only standard and its 11 days but if i Parcel Motel it prime delivery option available with 2 day delivery this happen to anyone else?

Yes 24 hours to UK, 10 days to Ireland - for the same item. And that was with Prime

So have they cancelled Prime delivery to Ireland even though there still charging for it do you know?

So have they cancelled Prime delivery to Ireland even though there still charging for it do you know?

No idea. I was offered a free Prime trial, took it & then found that it made no difference for delivery on the items I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭ei9go

Discodog wrote: »
    No idea. I was offered a free Prime trial, took it & then found that it made no difference for delivery on the items I wanted.

The difference is that you don't have to spend £25 for free delivery.

• Advertisement

ei9go wrote: »
    The difference is that you don't have to spend £25 for free delivery.

I thought that Prime was about faster delivery to Ireland.

It used to be ,I last ordered 1April and it was delivered 3April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,703 ✭✭✭corks finest

It used to be ,I last ordered 1April and it was delivered 3April

Ordered 4 days ago, dispatched yesterday,not expected until 26 th so well over prime delivery time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Everything I’ve ordered over the past 6 weeks has an articficially long delivery time - despite having prime, the delivery is around 11 days. The few items I ordered for delivery via PM were there within 3 days.it looks like the picking of the orders has been deprioitised, once they are marked as dispatched the actual shipping time is quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭Gormal

Just picking up on this point. I did a search for ink cartridges for my printer and clicked on the first 6 of the search results and every one of them deliver to Ireland. Im not sure if its a rare type of cartridge you are after or something else but I dont see an issue. I had 2 deliveries from Amazon in the last week and while they weren't as fast as they were in the past they arrived though.

Just for the record Amazon are prioritising orders so that would explain some of the delays and general issues.

Ah but did you put it in the basket and try to check out... They are driving me insane with 'doesn't deliver to Ireland' or when you chuck it in the basket and go to pay 'can't be delivered to your address'.

Gormal wrote: »
    Ah but did you put it in the basket and try to check out... They are driving me insane with 'doesn't deliver to Ireland' or when you chuck it in the basket and go to pay 'can't be delivered to your address'.

Frustrating alright, you'd think Amazon would only advertise things on the Irish site that can be delivered to Ireland, happening for bloody years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I got really stung with this one, i was buying an item from Amazon that would not deliver Ireland.
    I decides to add 2 CDs to bulk order as i was having sent to Address-Pal.
    Each CD came separate son i had to pay €3.95 to post office to collect each CD.
    I could have refused to collect but live and learn..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,301 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Gormal wrote: »
    I didnt go that far as page always shows if delivery is available here or rather the opposite...you can see up on the top right in red writing "this seller does not ship to Ireland" or words to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Frustrating alright, you'd think Amazon would only advertise things on the Irish site that can be delivered to Ireland, happening for bloody years

There is no ‘Irish site’, you are using the co.uk site. I agree it is a pain though. Particularly when Amazon ‘recommend’ something or insert ‘sponsored’ items in search results or suggest an alternative to out of stock item and then the item can’t be shipped here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

When did the Irish Amazon site open? :D

There's an easy way - select Amazon Prime or Free delivery by Amazon for the products and almost all can then be delivered here.

You can also set up a parcel motel and their system allows you select that for a specific product in your basket.

Btw, they are opening their first Irish warehouse next year in Greenogue business Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭Gormal

I didnt go that far as page always shows if delivery is available here or rather the opposite...you can see up on the top right in red writing "this seller does not ship to Ireland" or words to that effect.

Yes I know. But sometimes it appears that they do, but they don't let you know until the very last minute when you are going through check out.

silver2020 wrote: »
    There's an easy way - select Amazon Prime or Free delivery by Amazon for the products and almost all can then be delivered here.

I have prime and can confirm that even having prime I'm hitting "can't deliver to Ireland" issues on a very regular basis on the most random household items. I've taken to ordering them from UK shops on eBay without issue.

Caranica wrote: »
    I have prime and can confirm that even having prime I'm hitting "can't deliver to Ireland" issues on a very regular basis on the most random household items. I've taken to ordering them from UK shops on eBay without issue.

Yes you're right

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Caranica wrote: »

I too have the same issue, even things I've successfully ordered (but haven't yet shipped) are now showing up as "can't deliver to Ireland"

My last three orders took a week to dispatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Cancelled my prime today for the above reasons,tried to tell me I couldn't cancel and get a refund,then they changed the person I was chatting to twice, stating I 'timed out' giving a answer,when I asked how long the time in was they said 60 seconds..

Load of bollix hoping you will go away, then they said because I pay upfront yearly and not monthly I'd have to cancel completely and get a partial refund ..

I asked how much

37 pounds ..

I told them I paid in march,and since then I've not had a single prime free fast delivery on time,and usually weeks .. and there are ten months left..

So she said ,after like 4 mins waiting.. I can give you 95% back and cancel your prime ..

Do that I said..

Change of teller ...

"Just a min sir I want to read the comments"

Read them I said because I'm not repeating myself..

So after a bit of back n forth I got the 95%

And they denied that ANY customer had cancelled for the same reasons lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Discodog wrote: »
    My last three orders took a week to dispatch.

I am beginning to think they just leave the orders with an Irish delivery address sitting in a long queue...

I orderd an item on Monday, in stock, prime, dispatched by Amazon, no shipping to Ireland so I shipped it parcel motel. It arrived in the north yesterday, I collected it from PM today.

I also ordered something on Sunday (a day earlier), it ships prime to Ireland, it is in stock, dispatched by Amazon...it is still sitting there. I am tempted to order another (just a cheap thing) and ship it parcel motel to see how long it takes to dispatch.

I will cancel my Prime trial. Four things I wanted & none delivery to Ireland even though they are all Prime. 24 hour delivery to UK & 10 days to here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Same issue here.

Ireland - no Prime delivery option, just standard and 2 weeks estimated
    The North - 2 day Prime delivery
    Random European Country - 4 days Prime delivery

It doesn't matter what item it is, household essential or otherwise.

Checked the same items with a non Prime account for Ireland and the same 2 week estimated even for the most essential item of all....bog roll :pac:

So I cancelled Prime it until they decide to start sending via Prime again.
    A very odd strategy to single out Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Yep confirmed...went to order the same item again...Irish address the ETA is 9th of June, change the delivery address to parcel motel in the north and the ETA is 1st of June.

So if it is a delivery to Ireland you can expect at least one week delay from Amazon while they for some reason sit on the order.

Bollix to them, I am canceling the now fairly pointless prime too.

Advertisement