Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - whats going on?

Options
  • 02-09-2019 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭

Supposed to have a largish parcel delivered last Saturday - left depot at 9.15, back in depot at 9.45 - no note left. No one called to the door, rang the bell or anything
    Another parcel due to be delivered today - was a coupla hours between when it left the depot to being returned to the depot. Same thing no knock etc
    Still no sign of the larger parcel being delivered (had friend waiting to open door)

Worst thing is I'm on 10-6 shifts this week so not back home in time to go down to the sorting office to pick them up and really not in the mood to be going up at 7.30 in the morning - apart from that, not having a car, the large parcel is too large to be lugging 2 miles down the road

I'm of the mind the address (which is in Dublin city center) was out of their way too much. No one showed up on the CCTV

Can I send someone down with a note from me authorising collection? They have big signs saying no card, no pickup at the sorting office

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They started that craic with me a while back. With me, they were leaving the card, but not attempting delivery. I went down to pick up and asked the person on the desk if there was a new person on the route, as there were no attempts to deliver, yet the card was left behind. Turns out there was a new person, and it stopped after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

fritzelly wrote: »

Can I send someone down with a note from me authorising collection? They have big signs saying no card, no pickup at the sorting office

Unless they have left you a card to collect the parcel which by the sounds of things they have not, then they will not release the parcel. Last time I went to the local depot with my card they also asked for ID.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Unless they have left you a card to collect the parcel which by the sounds of things they have not, then they will not release the parcel. Last time I went to the local depot with my card they also asked for ID.

The last couple of deliveries I have had with An Post they have not left a card. I've gone to the local depot and they have given it out once I gave my name and address. They didn't even look at my ID.

The last couple of deliveries I have had with An Post they have not left a card. I've gone to the local depot and they have given it out once I gave my name and address. They didn't even look at my ID.

They must not like the look of me 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Supposed to have a largish parcel delivered last Saturday - left depot at 9.15, back in depot at 9.45 - no note left. No one called to the door, rang the bell or anything
    Another parcel due to be delivered today - was a coupla hours between when it left the depot to being returned to the depot. Same thing no knock etc
    Still no sign of the larger parcel being delivered (had friend waiting to open door)

Worst thing is I'm on 10-6 shifts this week so not back home in time to go down to the sorting office to pick them up and really not in the mood to be going up at 7.30 in the morning - apart from that, not having a car, the large parcel is too large to be lugging 2 miles down the road

I'm of the mind the address (which is in Dublin city center) was out of their way too much. No one showed up on the CCTV

Are they Amazon Deliveries ?
    All my Amazon parcels go through a similar process, i only about the attempted delivery from the Amazon order update.
    used to get the slip in the door and collect from my local post office but now they seem to want to bring undelivered parcels back to the main depot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Yep amazon, both delivered this morning before I left for work, friend was giving out to them yesterday on my behalf, maybe that helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Yep amazon, both delivered this morning before I left for work, friend was giving out to them yesterday on my behalf, maybe that helped!

Our postmaster, said the new delivery routine is on Amazon's instructions.
    Dunno why though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I find it strange that Amazon don't required POD signatures. It's so easy to deny that you received the item & request a refund.

I had an Amazon package delivered today. The postie asked for a signature and the persons full name. If I ever have to pick anything up I need my ID and the letter that they left.

I had an Amazon package delivered today. The postie asked for a signature and the persons full name. If I ever have to pick anything up I need my ID and the letter that they left.

I have my Amazon orders redirected to my Post Office. I have never been asked for a signature.

• Advertisement

I have my Amazon orders redirected to my Post Office. I have never been asked for a signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Was supposed to have 2 amazon parcels delivered on Monday. They arrived in local depot at the normal time according to tracking but never went out for delivery. Didn't go out for delivery Tuesday or Wednesday either. On Wednesday evening, went to the depot and picked them up, they said there was an attempted delivery but there definitely wasn't. Then next day the postman spent a good 5minutes rummaging through the back of his van for the parcels then drove off. 4 day delivery from local depot? Crazy bad.

Two parcels due tomorrow, were in D12 sorting office earlier
    Let's see if they try to deliver or if they are available for collection an hour later even tho the sorting office is not open again till Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Two parcels due tomorrow, were in D12 sorting office earlier
    Let's see if they try to deliver or if they are available for collection an hour later even tho the sorting office is not open again till Monday

That doesn't make sense for them to be in D12 sorting office if you live in the city centre , as you seem to indicate earlier .

Well not unless they sent them there by accident in which cast I suspect there would be no attempted delivery till Monday

Arrived at 9 this morning - all good

Advertisement