Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neteller or Skrill or MuchBetter?

• 03-09-2019 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone used Neteller or Skrill or MuchBetter? Are these just an alternative to PayPal? Any pros/cons?

The reason I ask is that I opened a BetStars sports betting account around 18 months ago. I can’t remember how I made my initial lodgement back then, but as they’re now restricting my account and limiting my bets I’ve decided to withdraw my balance.

Unfortunately they don’t give PayPal as a cashier option. Instead it’s Neteller or Skrill or MuchBetter (or bank transfer, not a savvy option).
    Was wondering which is the best of these three and are they just another PayPal
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I use Skrill with Betfair and Boyles and find it very good.

Sold a few items on DoneDeal and took payment that way also.

You can opt for an ATM card. Not sure about BetStars but withdrawals from Betfair are always less than 12 hours.

There's a 17.5 cent fee for every €10 you withdraw via ATM. 1% fee on card deposits.

You can lodge cash to Betfair though in any PP now also so I tend to do rather than use cards when lodging funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Gautama

Thanks for that. Alas I opened a Neteller account a few years back and never used it, so I’ve gone with them. (Did a giggle and it threw up my Gmail!)

Alas, I’m in the middle of their verification process at the moment.
    Tried the Facebook verification but that was rejected.
    Then went with the photos of ID, front and rear, along with a selfie of me holding up a Neteller generated message.
    A bit like being a hostage holding up today’s newspaper!

Advertisement