Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My amazon prime item was dispatched today - expected delivery one week?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

My prime delivery estimates are always more than 2 days, yet always arrive in that timeframe - I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to the initial estimate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Like maximoose said, my timeframes are always off but I always have received stuff within 2 working days. They are probably allowing extra time for an unexpected delay.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I ordered a teeny mini projector through Amazon prime.

It was dispatched this morning, and it says it will be here in exactly ONE WEEK!

I've received items using prime in two days before, so why could this be taking so long?

Do some items come from mainland Europe or something?

It's this item here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-PH150G-HD-Ready-Kontrast-rechargeable/dp/B01LAV6PF6/ref=sr_1_2

Ask Amazon CS, they are the only ones that can tell you if it is correct, or what is happening with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

The tracking was just updated. It's in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

whiterebel wrote: »
    [QUOTE

Ask Amazon CS, they are the only ones that can tell you if it is correct, or what is happening with it.

This is the second time recently that I've asked a question on boards and a mod told me to feck off basically.

Are ye trying to kill boards.ie? Good way to go about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: Warning JackieChang. I didn't tell you anything of the sort.You were given advice, if you don't like it, don't post.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Do some items come from mainland Europe or something?

Yes, lots of items come for EU fulfilment centers

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

I'm also a Prime member and just odered a prime eligible item with an expected delivery date of next Tuesday.

I usually hop onto amazon chat who are usually very helpful so imagine my surprise to see they have replaced the chat function with a BOT!!! Only way to communicate with a real person is to contact by phone. A step backwards re customer care in my humble opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Dutchy wrote: »
    I'm also a Prime member and just odered a prime eligible item with an expected delivery date of next Tuesday.

I usually hop onto amazon chat who are usually very helpful so imagine my surprise to see they have replaced the chat function with a BOT!!! Only way to communicate with a real person is to contact by phone. A step backwards re customer care in my humble opinion.

Once you ask the bot a question it can't answer then asks you if you want to talk to a real person. Had to do that with a couple of items after Black Friday.

Always worth contacting them and asking why you pay extra for prime when they are stating week long delivery times. Often gets a free months prime or a few quid credit.

There is a problem that people don't always read the full listing and often it says "Longer delivery than typical Prime items" which tends to mean its item is in France or Germany.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

my3cents wrote: »
    There is a problem that people don't always read the full listing and often it says "Longer delivery than typical Prime items" which tends to mean its item is in France or Germany.

Agree,
    Not only that but everyone expects two-day delivery but instead prime benefits in Ireland are priority or standard and all delivery times are AFTER dispatch not from when you place the order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,848 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Cabaal wrote: »
    Agree,
    Not only that but everyone expects two-day delivery but instead prime benefits in Ireland are priority or standard and all delivery times are AFTER dispatch not from when you place the order.

I have a Warehouse item still not dispatched 48 hours after ordering. There is no question that, since Prime, the standard delivery times have increased.

Advertisement