Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live streaming wedding - few questions

Options
  • 03-01-2021 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭

We are getting married next week with just 6 of us at the ceremony, we are going to be streaming it to family and friends via YouTube. We would like to have 2 readings done by family members who won't be at the ceremony. What would be the best way to make this work so that they can be heard on the live stream ?

Has anyone else had to do this with the current situation on limited numbers ?

Any suggestions or help welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭tnegun

I've no idea about Youtube but that would be very straight forward with Zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭kalych

I second Zoom as a platform that is the easiest to achieve this.
    If Youtube is absolutely necessary then you might look into using OBS to achieve what you're looking for. However, it will require above average IT skills and a person dedicated to monitoring the output and video switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Zoom, Skype or MS teams is what you need to use. You can even set up a wedding group on WhatsApp and do a video call, most of the chat apps can do group video calls.

YouTube won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

GBX wrote: »
    We are getting married next week with just 6 of us at the ceremony, we are going to be streaming it to family and friends via YouTube. We would like to have 2 readings done by family members who won't be at the ceremony. What would be the best way to make this work so that they can be heard on the live stream ?

you could live stream it on facebook - but I would recommend you ensure you have battery packs for the phone/phones you are using.

For the people doing readings from a remote location - a laptop or TV screen with zoom or even facebook live turned on

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Well they could upload it to youtube and just press play, but doing it live would be complicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

https://obs.ninja

would that be of any use to you?

Depending on the number of viewers they could either watch directly on obs.ninja, you could give out the link to the multiview page, and from the director panel just add the people doing the readings to this view while they're needed then go back to just the church camera when they're done.

But if you will have a lot of people watching then you could view that director page from one computer and stream that to youtube etc.

obs ninja is all peer to peer video so really not suitable if you'll have 30+ people watching

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thanks for all suggestions. Appreciate it.

The videographer uses YouTube to stream so that's how it's going out. It's trying to find a solution to additional audio. Ideally as read live from their home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Thanks for all suggestions. Appreciate it.

The videographer uses YouTube to stream so that's how it's going out. It's trying to find a solution to additional audio. Ideally as read live from their home.

I don't want to come across as rude but why not ask for solutions to that problem instead of asking how to stream it, there are plenty of people who could provide audio solutions.

If your videographer uses YouTube, it would be the job of your videographer to solve the issue, any professional will have this sorted, I assume you are using a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Hes just being more specific that he wants to know how to bring in remote contributions not where to stream it.

Its a novel concept for a wedding so you can't blame the videographer for not knowing.

I've already said it above but definitely obs.ninja if I were to do this in the morning.

If he has a hardware encoder like a teradek or something he will have to figure out how to get the audio from a computer into that alongside your wedding sound. A million ways to skin that cat

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Hi OP, we are getting married in April and are hoping to do just this. Great idea and from my experience using YouTube, it should work well, but not sure about live streaming. You could ask them to prerecord and then upload and broadcast from YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

All the youtubers use OBS for live streams and multi cams. I think you can use it too to put onto Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

We got sorted in the end by using a tablet with our family on Zoom on the celebrants table which was mic'd up so it could be heard in the ceremony room and picked up on the live stream to YouTube.
    The only issue we encountered was to get everyone on the zoom to mute the audio of the livestream in the background as it created a lot of echoes. But it worked perfectly in the end.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and advice.

For anyone looking for live streaming/ videographer I'd highly recommend Conor Stafford

www.facebook.com/conorstaffordvideography/

Advertisement