Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cath Chluain Tarbh

Options
  • 10-02-2011 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭

Hey lads! Just wondering if any of you fine people know of any good books about the history and lead up to the battle of Clontarf? Or even just any good books about Brian himself.

I searched my library a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find a single thing about either. It's a part of our history that I've been intrigued with for a couple of years now but don't know a whole lot about, and I've never really bothered to look too much into it until recently.

I love the over to top mythological accounts that I've read about the group of one-eyed hags weaving a garment made of human intestines while chanting a song telling of those that were going to die in the fight (or something like that!), and the arrival of the Morrígan down to the beach to watch as the battle takes place (How great is that!). And I do have a very basic knowledge of the actual "facts" of what took place, it just gets a bit confusing when you only know odd bits and pieces. I'd just like to know more.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Advertisement