Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small marble replacement tile for hearth

Options
  • 24-01-2021 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Am looking for a single 12mm thick 510mm X 100mm marble tile for my hearth. Original damaged piece came out very cleanly so a new one should drop in easy enough if i could find one. Seems like too small a job for most places to bother with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Where are you based.
    It's more the thickness than the size that will be an issue I believe. I was looking for three small pieces of cut stone a couple of years ago, one of the pieces was for a window board in a shower and thinnest I could find was 20mm.
    I tried a number of fire place and kitchen suppliers in the Dublin region and some of the quotes were astronomical and the only availability they had in 20mm stone was black granite. Eventually found Atelier stone near the Walkingstown roundabout who had different shades of quartz, granite, marble etc in different colours and his prices and service were brilliant, would certainly recommend calling to see what he can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PapaBill

Where are you based.
    It's more the thickness than the size that will be an issue I believe. I was looking for three small pieces of cut stone a couple of years ago, one of the pieces was for a window board in a shower and thinnest I could find was 20mm.
    I tried a number of fire place and kitchen suppliers in the Dublin region and some of the quotes were astronomical and the only availability they had in 20mm stone was black granite. Eventually found Atelier stone near the Walkingstown roundabout who had different shades of quartz, granite, marble etc in different colours and his prices and service were brilliant, would certainly recommend calling to see what he can do.

Thanks, i will ring them monday

Advertisement