Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dehumidifier Guide

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

henke wrote: »
    Sorry to bump but thought this would be the ideal thread.

Considering buying the EcoAir DD1 Classic MK5 linked to keep condensation off the glass in my small conservatory which is worse in winter and also might have a clothes horse out there and use for drying laundry once or twice a week. Would this be a good fit or is there anything else better on the market? I assume there is no way to auto schedule these to run for a few hours daily. I am imagining night time would be best to run in conservatory when its colder outside?
    I suppose I would have to remember to go and physically switch it on manually each night before I go to bed?

Did you get this one?

I was looking at getting it here. Lots of models are sold out on Amazon

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p_dd122fw-classic_ecoair-dd122fwclassic-dehumidifier/version.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

Did you get this one?

I was looking at getting it here. Lots of models are sold out on Amazon

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p_dd122fw-classic_ecoair-dd122fwclassic-dehumidifier/version.asp
    I did. Very handy to dry clothes hanging on the clothes horse which I found I have mainly used it for. I don't have it on that often a few times a week and no major hit on electric. I'd recommend it does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

henke wrote: »
    I did. Very handy to dry clothes hanging on the clothes horse which I found I have mainly used it for. I don't have it on that often a few times a week and no major hit on electric. I'd recommend it does the job.

Henke, do they got your clothes bone dry? If so how long does it take? Have clothes on clothes horse for 2/3 days myself then half hour in the dryer to get the remaining damp out pain in the bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

Henke, do they got your clothes bone dry? If so how long does it take? Have clothes on clothes horse for 2/3 days myself then half hour in the dryer to get the remaining damp out pain in the bum.

It depends how much of a load you have on the clothes horse. I might run it on laundry mode over night and it will cut out when the water tank is full or you can time it if you want it less than that. Most stuff pretty much bone dry. The odd spot the air isn't getting at might still be slightly damp eg I was clearing the clothes horse this morning and noticed the inside of a hood on a hoody was still damp just stuck it on a rad for half an hour and it was dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭techdiver

Sorry to dump this but it looked like a good place to ask.

I have a semi d house with an attic conversion. It's relevantly new home with a good BER rating but humidity levels are high 60%+ across the entire house. Higher in some places and want to lower it.

Considering the house is across 3 floors (counting attic conversion) and is about 160 sq meters including attic space, what would the recommendations be?

Should I have one unit for each floor? I've been reading the difference between desiccant and compressor, but seem to notice that compressor models seem to have higher capacity. I'm looking for one that can do the job in an auto mode, i.e. set a desired humidity level and let the device turn on and off as required by itself. I found this one that looks like it does that job but it is a compressor model - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B7B5339F/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A26TAWT9GKN92B&th=1

Is there anything out there in a similar vein in a desiccant model? I want something efficient also, so it looks as though the desiccant models are bad on that front. The home is usually kept at between 17 - 19 degrees (17 upstairs and 19 downstairs controlled by my hive system)

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement