Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

System Of A Down

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

How old is this thread? honestly i think it may have been one of my first post on boards (i had an a/c for ages but never used it)

im liking Attack at the moment,but all in all though havent listened to the band much recently more or less forgot about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

agh didnt see that it was only resurrected today by iarz............stop resurrecting old threads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Loved the self-titled album. Everything else is really annoying though in my opinion. Daron's voice is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

I agree the second track is the better of the two. This EP seems to be a once off release due to war in their home country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

great band. daron should stop singing. new material is average at best

According to Serj, Daron should stop trying to have total creative control. He's becoming like James and Lars in one person.

Personally I didn't like the guitar sound on mezmerise/hypnotise. It sounded "messy" for want of a better word.

SOAD, Toxicity and Steal This Album are my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Cill94

The tracks are decent, but I don't think the chemistry/desire is there anymore to write another album worthy of their early 2000s standard. Seems like they all have quite different artistic interests these days, and the drummer has drastically different political views to Serj.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/system-of-a-downs-daron-malakian-says-in-fighting-is-preventing-a-new-album-2816827

Still would love to see them play live for the nostalgia buzz!

Advertisement