Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen colours

• 18-05-2021 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Trying to pick colours. Going for off white cabinets with contrasting island. Veering towards a dark blue island. Floors are medium dark laminate. Walls will be pure white. Like the idea of a fairly neutral kitchen with scope to accessorise with some colours. What colour would I go for the breakfast bar stools? I'd like a nice colour but may be restricted with the dark blue and need to bring in the colour elsewhere e.g. Rug, cushions, etc. Or has anyone seen fabric stools with a mix of colours that might pick up the blue without 2 much blue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

misc2013 wrote: »
    Trying to pick colours. Going for off white cabinets with contrasting island. Veering towards a dark blue island. Floors are medium dark laminate. Walls will be pure white. Like the idea of a fairly neutral kitchen with scope to accessorise with some colours. What colour would I go for the breakfast bar stools? I'd like a nice colour but may be restricted with the dark blue and need to bring in the colour elsewhere e.g. Rug, cushions, etc. Or has anyone seen fabric stools with a mix of colours that might pick up the blue without 2 much blue?

Have a look at downpipe for the island

https://images.app.goo.gl/gjqhpxn65k495kAY6

We have it and we love it

Have a look at downpipe for the island

https://images.app.goo.gl/gjqhpxn65k495kAY6

We have it and we love it

Our kitchen

And another one

The grey makes it way easier to combine colors and materials

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I love your drinks fridge, cubatahavana! Is that island built in? (I presume it is given the sink in it)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

The Little greene paint company have a blue called Woad. I think it is just fantastic.

https://www.littlegreene.com/inspiration/woad-kitchen

They have lovely colours and some inspiration on the site if it helps.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    I love your drinks fridge, cubatahavana! Is that island built in? (I presume it is given the sink in it)

We got the kitchen with the new build, fridge included! I don’t know what you mean by built in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We got the kitchen with the new build, fridge included! I don’t know what you mean by built in.

That's awesome to have included in a new build :)

Some islands are freestanding, so you can move them around. Others are permanently in one place and built in with fixtures to keep them secure. Given yours has electricity and plumbing, it'll be built in I'd imagine.

Faith wrote: »
    That's awesome to have included in a new build :)

Some islands are freestanding, so you can move them around. Others are permanently in one place and built in with fixtures to keep them secure. Given yours has electricity and plumbing, it'll be built in I'd imagine.

I suppose if you pull enough, you’d be able to move mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭misc2013

Looks great. Thank you for sharing. I'm also interested in your layout as we plan to. Have a couch corner too. What size is the room, do you mind me asking?

misc2013 wrote: »
    Looks great. Thank you for sharing. I'm also interested in your layout as we plan to. Have a couch corner too. What size is the room, do you mind me asking?

Roughly 6x5 m. We got the sofa from made.com, but they have stopped shipping to ireland now. The idea is to put a tv wall unit in front of it. Behind the sofa we have a table and 6 chairs

• Advertisement
Advertisement