Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 2000W 160 bar pressure washer €110

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

This one looks exactly the same but in different colours externally anyways ... reviews on that are good...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/TACKLIFE-Pressure-Washers-Retractable-Inserting/dp/B07DBYGDW7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

This one looks exactly the same but in different colours externally anyways ... reviews on that are good...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/TACKLIFE-Pressure-Washers-Retractable-Inserting/dp/B07DBYGDW7

Good Spot, And the Lidl one has the patio attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Shred

Cheers OP, I was just thinking about buying a new power washer yesterday to clean my driveway amongst other things, I might give this a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

There’s a hosepipe ban at the moment. This is irresponsible from LIDL.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

bot43 wrote: »

lidl dont care for such things, money money money, its far more important than the well being of our environment, apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Posh Boy

Seriously?, Relax, just because they sell it now doesn't mean you have to use it now. These things are for sale all year round in Woddies etc. don't see you berating them for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You're right. B&Q, Woodies and all other stores have completely closed off any section containing hoses or power washers. Haven't they?

There's only one solution!

#CancelLIDL

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

I provide my own water source via a private well and there is no ban in place for me or others in the same situation or not serviced by Irish Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You're right. B&Q, Woodies and all other stores have completely closed off any section containing hoses or power washers. Haven't they?

There's only one solution!

#CancelLIDL

It’s good that companies like Woodies and BQ have a social conscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s good that companies like Woodies and BQ have a social conscience.

Two paragons of virtue right there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

This is Bargain Alerts, not After Hours, give over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That's ridiculous. If someone buys a power washer they can wait to use it when the hosepipe ban is lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

You dont have to wait till Lidl or Aldi has a power washer, you can buy them in a hardware all year round.
    I just got one last week, a Ryobi one in Homebase for 136 down from either 169 or 199... used it once and seems v good. maybe getting a proper brand is better than a Lidl one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Heads-up it's 150 in the shop.

Edit: sorry actually there's 3, the 110, the 150, and a petol washer for 230

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Posh Boy

Any opinions on what would be the best option here, I'm in the market for one myself, ideally with the patio head too so the Lidl one seems good value.
    Was going to get the Karcher K2 but have read too many bad reviews with the plastic components failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Posh Boy wrote: »
    Any opinions on what would be the best option here, I'm in the market for one myself, ideally with the patio head too so the Lidl one seems good value.
    Was going to get the Karcher K2 but have read too many bad reviews with the plastic components failing.

Every single washer out there is sh1te, times we live in. if Lidl have the 3 year warranty then buy it and keep receipt.

It won't last 3 years if you use it for car and driveway. Make sure you bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I purchased a Karcher K4 last year, but It's starting to cut out so I don't think it's going to last much longer. It does have a 3 year guarantee which I'll avail of.

I used it mostly for the patio, driveway and washing the car. The driveway can be a messy job without a patio cleaner attachment which itself is 70+ euros, so I'm thinking it might be a better to purchase this LIDL pressure washer as it comes with an attachment.

I'm wondering about the Petrol washer - would that be a better investment long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I purchased a Karcher K4 last year, but It's starting to cut out so I don't think it's going to last much longer. It does have a 3 year guarantee which I'll avail of.

I used it mostly for the patio, driveway and washing the car. The driveway can be a messy job without a patio cleaner attachment which itself is 70+ euros, so I'm thinking it might be a better to purchase this LIDL pressure washer as it comes with an attachment.

I'm wondering about the Petrol washer - would that be a better investment long term?

Yes, you will struggle with large areas on a small electric pump

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

got the one for 150, looks pretty good, cheaper ones were gone by the time i got there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Would the petrol one get rid of weeds coming up through paving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Never had an electric washer that lasted more than 2 years.
    Have a petrol one now and has lasted 6 years and much more powerful.

Drawbacks of petrol:
    They drink petrol so heavier than a lawnmower
    Change spark plug every year and oil change but that goes with most engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

Jonesy101 wrote: »
    You dont have to wait till Lidl or Aldi has a power washer, you can buy them in a hardware all year round.
    I just got one last week, a Ryobi one in Homebase for 136 down from either 169 or 199... used it once and seems v good. maybe getting a proper brand is better than a Lidl one?

A proper brand, Ryobi? Seriously?

Deary me. Why people look down their noses at Lidl or Aldi products I know not. Good products for a reasonable cost and a 3 year guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

OldRio wrote: »
    A proper brand, Ryobi? Seriously?

Deary me. Why people look down their noses at Lidl or Aldi products I know not. Good products for a reasonable cost and a 3 year guarantee.
    My petrol washer above is Ryobi, still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

alan4cult wrote: »
    My petrol washer above is Ryobi, still going strong.

I was replying to the post I quoted.
    I have a Lidl washer that's I've had for 5 years. The electric washers are all much of a muchness. The petrol washers are the way to go, unfortunately cash is the problem.

I bought the petrol one today. Just wondering if anyone else bought one?

So today was the first time I got to try out the Lidl petrol power washer. I put oil & petrol in it. Started it up & worked perfectly. I turned it off after a couple of mins as the dog was going nuts. Put him inside & went back out to start again. Now the pull cord won’t budge.

Any idea what would of caused this?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    So today was the first time I got to try out the Lidl petrol power washer. I put oil & petrol in it. Started it up & worked perfectly. I turned it off after a couple of mins as the dog was going nuts. Put him inside & went back out to start again. Now the pull cord won’t budge.

Did you try and pull the trigger on the gun to release tension. I had this happen a few times and the pull cord was near impossible to pull till I pulled the trigger.

stevegrace wrote: »
    Did you try and pull the trigger on the gun to release tension. I had this happen a few times and the pull cord was near impossible to pull till I pulled the trigger.

I’ve done that, yeah. Any air/water is out. I literally used the washer for 2mins before turning it off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Tilikum17 wrote: »

Ive the exact same problem.

• Advertisement

hurikane wrote: »
    Ive the exact same problem.

With the Lidl power washer? I bought it 3 weeks ago & have the receipt. I wonder should I just bring it back.

Advertisement