Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average Salary Expectation for Med Lab Assistant straight out of college?

Options
  • 09-06-2020 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm a recent graduate with a science degree, applying for a position as a clinical lab aide at a private hospital. One of the questions raised in the application form is salary expectations. I don't really have a clue what an average salary would be. I'd appreciate if anyone could give me any advice on a reasonable figure to use? For reference, I've a decent bit of wet lab experience under my belt from my time in college and I'm a hard worker but am just trying to get my foot in the door at this stage. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

ScienceUCD wrote: »
    I'm a recent graduate with a science degree, applying for a position as a clinical lab aide at a private hospital. One of the questions raised in the application form is salary expectations. I don't really have a clue what an average salary would be. I'd appreciate if anyone could give me any advice on a reasonable figure to use? For reference, I've a decent bit of wet lab experience under my belt from my time in college and I'm a hard worker but am just trying to get my foot in the door at this stage. Thanks in advance!

The public sector pay scales are on the HSE website. approximately €30k is what a lab aide starts on in the public sector.

Advertisement