Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Circle K spin & win [Use PM for links]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

snowgal wrote: »
    God folk are getting quite picky here! :P if you don’t want your prize just offer it up I’d say!
    Yeah the generosity of some people here is amazing but the scabby nature of some people is as surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Yeah the generosity of some people here is amazing but the scabby nature of some people is as surprising.
    God folk are getting quite picky here! :P if you don’t want your prize just offer it up I’d say!

New poll added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

If this is addressing me then some of you clearly need to get a life!

I have given away about 30 drinks since this restarted and a few peanut bars and a carwash last night and another there for nothing in return.

Some people are clearly sad and need to get out more!

I have given away about 30 drinks since this restarted and a few peanut bars and a carwash last night and another there for nothing in return.

Take it you'll be voting not scabby then...

Take it you'll be voting not scabby then...

Na I don't partake in stupid childish polls being honest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭ThreeGreens

I've a 4 cent off petrol which is good until about 9pm on Sunday if anyone wants it.

Would be grateful for bakery item/sandwich/chocolate in return but not essential.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    That poll is ridiculous, have people honestly nothing better to be doing than adding stupid polls for no reason

As I said some people need to get a life and get out more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

123654789 wrote: »
    Anyone want 4c off fuel? It expires tomorrow morning.

Gone now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

That poll is ridiculous, have people honestly nothing better to be doing than adding stupid polls for no reason

Agreed, it adds absolutely nothing to this thread and if it's on the back of ConcertKing's post then it should be noted that he gave me the car wash, for nothing in return, and had done so before ppl started with the smart comments and useless polls.

Have one more carwash and it is yours OmegaGene if you want it?Want nothing in return either.

Will mail it there if you want it?

• Advertisement

I for one believe the poll is a brilliant addition. Dam scabby people getting all defensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pedro6105

I’ve a 4 cent off if anyone wants. 2 days 10 hours left on it

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭ThreeGreens

Agreed.

Almost everything I've given away was without anything in return. But I don't see what is wrong with someone wanting to swap, or if not swapping specifying what they would appreciate if someone has one going spare.

Even the wording of the poll "Generous" vs "Scabby" makes it a loaded question.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 astra553

Anyone for red bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭zenith90

astra553 wrote: »
    Anyone for red bull?

Please

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

I've got a Yorkie if anyone wants it?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paddy.81

Anyone want 4c off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I've got a Yorkie if anyone wants it?

Please

• Registered Users Posts: 25 astra553

astra553 wrote: »
    Anyone for red bull?

Gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paddy.81

paddy.81 wrote: »
    Anyone want 4c off?

Gone now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

Davy wrote: »
    New poll added

I haven't voted but the poll options are leaning one way. Not a very objective post.

This thread runs along happily without mods getting involved imho and it's one of the nicer threads here most of the time. I've both swapped and given away - a lot of us do that. I was planning on continuing to do so from my holidays and i know for a fact others are doing the same.

I don't post up links because I'd prefer actual posters to get things and not have them claimed by lurkers or, y'know, bandits ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Demanding stuff for codes is not great. It doesnt really matter if you have given stuff away freely before asking or not.

Its a free code you got off a game; if you dont want it, give it away. Dont be asking for stuff in return (imo).

Im all about live and let live, but when you start asking for parity in terms of value (as you did ConcertKing in fairness) its a slippery slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭downesy

Fanta Exotic for someone. 1 day + on it

https://spin.circlek.one/ie?p=nQQVCVVcLq4NCFHH

I am actually.

'insist on having'.

You insisted on the things you wanted to swap for a carwash. Seems fairly clear cut tbh.

You put a value on a car wash that meant you wanted mulitple codes in exchange for 1 car wash. That to me says you judged the carwash to have a value and wanted parity with that judgement. Again, fairly clear cut.

Seriously if stuff like this really bothers you then I dunno what to say?

Well I'm reading your request to swap differently than how you are saying it is now. I wonder if someone pmd you with one of the things you said you didn't want would you do the swap? Because if not, your list was a list of things you wanted / were asking for.

But look we obviously disagree so I'm happy to agree to disagree on the point.

• Advertisement

Have 4c off fuel good for another couple of days if anyone wants it.

Baggly wrote: »
    I am actually.

'insist on having'.

You insisted on the things you wanted to swap for a carwash. Seems fairly clear cut tbh.

You put a value on a car wash that meant you wanted mulitple codes in exchange for 1 car wash. That to me says you judged the carwash to have a value and wanted parity with that judgement. Again, fairly clear cut.

Where did I insist or demand???

And the 2 things I requested do not add up to a carwash.

Am laughing here at some people.

Seriously if stuff like this really bothers you then I dunno what to say?
    Yes they do. A car wash on a Wednesday is 6 euro, you demanded a sandwich which is €4.50 and sweets which are €1.50.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

4c off if anyone wants it? (First to quote gets)

Yes they do. A car wash on a Wednesday is 6 euro, you demanded a sandwich which is €4.50 and sweets which are €1.50.

You come across as extremely pathetic being honest.

I clearly go by the regular price but if ithelps you sleep better at night.
    And you come across as extremely scabby being honest so I guess neither of us are perfect..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I've a pain in my head looking at some of the behaviour on here. So take this as a mod warning
    A) no abusing/bitching about other posters
    B) no requests for codes. If you have one to give away, by all means offer it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

antodeco wrote: »
    Don't need it, so no swap needed! You want it?

Sorry, I was replying to baggly... It was a tongue in check remark to lighten the mood🙈 did a fill today with 4c off and 3c from fuel card bringing it down to 122.8. Shop around folks!

Yup. I'm using a combination and get 8c off every fill so no need for the 4c! (Won't work anyway!)

Considering I have probably given away 10 times as much as you then what does that make you Jeffery?

I tried to reply to your message but your inbox is full
    Indeed, he's too busy sending me abusive messages.

I tried to reply to your message but your inbox is full

Should receive mails now thanks.

Indeed, he's too busy sending me abusive messages.

So funny.Only said what I said here.

And stand by it all!
    Errrr no you didn't. And for the record I'd be careful as ireland is a small country and as much as you think your annomous threats won't come back to you, they just might.

Errrr no you didn't. And for the record I'd be careful as ireland is a small country and as much as you think your annomous threats won't come back to you, they just might.

Threats????

I threatened no one.You are clearly threatening me with this Ireland is a small place garbage!
    I'm not going to reply to you anymore, but please do not message me privately anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

I'm not going to reply to you anymore, but please do not message me privately anymore.

Yes exactly what I messaged back to this person too. Vile angry messages I received from them. Over a mere post on this thread... ignore I think, I’d say you got the same stuff in the inbox as me!

Yes exactly what I messaged back to this person too. Vile angry messages I received from them. Over a mere post on this thread... ignore I think, I’d say you got the same stuff in the inbox as me!

Just told the truth about you both being pathetic sad lame nomarks.

Would like to apologise to everyone else for derailing the thread and should not of bitten when these dweebs attacked me.

Am staying off this now unless posting codes. :)

Just told the truth about you both being pathetic sad lame nomarks.

Would like to apologise to everyone else for derailing the thread and should not of bitten when these dweebs attacked me.

Am staying off this now unless posting codes. :)
    Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

Good, back on topic thank god :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Rights lads and ladies the thread is getting ridiculous. Who cares who offers what. If they want to offer it, grand. If they want something specific they will consume/use..grand. Davy moderator why suddenly get involved with a pointless poll? You have little to be at clearly. Concertking sending threatening pms? Cork never mind Ireland is a small place. Jeffkenna ..why does it bug you that so much when the items are free?
    Will probably get banned and threatened now but at the end of the day playing the circle k game is a bit if fun and folks need to lighten up. Anyone got a free coffee for me?

I'm shutting this thread down for the night, grow up the lot of ye

reopening this thread. Behave yourselves. Any personal commentary or backseat modding will result in cards. Use report button if you're unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Click below to collect your Spin & Win prize!

https://spin.circlek.one/ie?p=WICX2GcscSDxeqJB

(Not available at Circle K Express locations)

Click below to collect your Spin & Win prize!

https://spin.circlek.one/ie?p=wZEBU5CcaoSn3xJU

(Not available at Circle K Express locations)

4c off for the first quote!

Gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭masterboy123

• Advertisement

Wow
    Both gone within a second in Ashbourne.
    Enjoy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement