Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pol Pot was a nutjob

• 13-05-2020 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Completely and utterly shocked by the level of depravity that man can inflict on its fellow brothers and sisters. Least Hitler cared about the German peopl, Pot just wanted to orchestrate a sick social experiment.

Worst. Dictator. Ever

Comments

Least Hitler cared about the German people

Rare to encounter "least" and "Hitler" in the same sentence.

Sure Stalin was a patriot after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In other shocking revelations it can be revealed that bears, do indeed, **** in the woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Father Dick Byrne...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I could do with a year zero.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Idi Amin would like to have a word.

• Advertisement

Hitler, least big moustache of most dictators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

In fairness to Hitler, he did kill Hitler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

Check out the movie

The Killing Fields 1984

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Least Hitler cared about the German peopl,

Funny way he had of caring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Old Idi offered to sort out the North too though the Israelis slapped him around d Entebbe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Another leader with no need of scientists and "so called" experts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭micks_address

The lad who won Britain's got talent?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Flavour Diaper

I like Idi. Got a lot of bad press from that farce of a movie Last King of Scotland, but Gillian Anderson was hot as a neglected South African housewife looking for a root. Basically you wanted to lean her over an old wooden table at midnight, windows open, light breeze, inky sky, and do her from behind as crickets chirped and wilder-beast trotted by.

The lad who won Britain's got talent?

not him, he was much worse

I like Idi. Got a lot of bad press from that farce of a movie Last King of Scotland, but Gillian Anderson was hot as a neglected South African housewife looking for a root. Basically you wanted to lean her over an old wooden table at midnight, windows open, light breeze, inky sky, and do her from behind as crickets chirped and wilder-beast trotted by.

have you considered a career writing romantic novels?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

That's what happens when there's a far left wing loony left in charge, slavery and death...

An atheistic communist idealology, zero empathy and compassion for humanity.
    Our way or the highway, a bit like the far left of today, getting rid of religion that includes Christianity, Buddhism and anything else for that matter and promoting the new world order in their perverse ways...

The strange thing is that the far left are afraid to say anything negative about the one religion that hates them and threats minority's, gays and women like **** the most...

You can draw your own conclusions to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Idi awarded himself a new medal every week for his (self proclaimed) greatness.

He was so full of sh!t, I reckon the lad must have had some Irish blood in him.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

nthclare wrote: »
    That's what happens when there's a far left wing loony left in charge, slavery and death...

An atheistic communist idealology, zero empathy and compassion for humanity.
    Our way or the highway, a bit like the far left of today, getting rid of religion that includes Christianity, Buddhism and anything else for that matter and promoting the new world order in their perverse ways...

The strange thing is that the far left are afraid to say anything negative about the one religion that hates them and threats minority's, gays and women like **** the most...

You can draw your own conclusions to that.

Jaysus, give it a rest. Why is it that every bloody thread that's started these days somebody inevitably chimes in with "that's the problem with the far left/far right". It's got absolutely nothing to do with whether he was left or right wing, the guy was a fcuking nutjob who nearly destroyed his own country. What he thought and did goes way beyond politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Leopold II of Belgium was another nut case. And Mao of China was beyond mad.

Zaph wrote: »
    Jaysus, give it a rest. Why is it that every bloody thread that's started these days somebody inevitably chimes in with "that's the problem with the far left/far right". It's got absolutely nothing to do with whether he was left or right wing, the guy was a fcuking nutjob who nearly destroyed his own country. What he thought and did goes way beyond politics.

Can you not read my post ?I said far left loony, I didn't say far left SJW or far left.

I didn't state that all far left are Looneys..

You're the kind of poster who if you were a journalist you'd have a heading such as this.

READ BELOW ZAPH

ZAPHS NEWS

A SNAKE SAVES A FISH FROM DROWNING

Here's a picture of the snake on a tree above the river with a trout in its mouth. The reason why the trout's in the snakes mouth is because he was drowning in the river, fish fly around the air and the snake will release the fish through his mouth and hell turn into compost out his arse... which can be used to feed the plants therefore we'll have beautiful flowers...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Flavour Diaper

Dude you are trapped in 2016.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

nthclare wrote: »
    Can you not read my post ?I said far left loony, I didn't say far left SJW or far left.

I didn't state that all far left are Looneys..

You're the kind of poster who if you were a journalist you'd have a heading such as this.

READ BELOW ZAPH

ZAPHS NEWS

A SNAKE SAVES A FISH FROM DROWNING

Here's a picture of the snake on a tree above the river with a trout in its mouth. The reason why the trout's in the snakes mouth is because he was drowning in the river, fish fly around the air and the snake will release the fish through his mouth and hell turn into compost out his arse... which can be used to feed the plants therefore we'll have beautiful flowers...

How about you read my post? As I pointed out, whether he was left wing or right wing was completely irrelevant, the guy was a complete and utter nutjob. Had he been a fascist he probably would have done something similar because basically he was unhinged. Not that his politics ultimately made any difference to the millions who suffered under his rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I wonder what the end result would have been if Vietnam hadn't invaded and toppled him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Tuco88 wrote: »
    Leopold II of Belgium was another nut case. And Mao of China was beyond mad.

I watched a video about him and was just left speechless by the end. Tragic that he is held up as like the grandfather of Belgians or at least was until recently.

Zaph wrote: »
    How about you read my post? As I pointed out, whether he was left wing or right wing was completely irrelevant, the guy was a complete and utter nutjob. Had he been a fascist he probably would have done something similar because basically he was unhinged. Not that his politics ultimately made any difference to the millions who suffered under his rule.

Looneys start off by telling who they perceive as a threat to shut up, or give it a rest, then they try to twist it up and over again and again, gaslighting and covert narcissism...

So don't be coming on here getting your knickers in a twist and try to tell me how I should be thinking or posting...

We'll leave it there sweetheart...

If you asked me what I meant with my post id have engaged in conversation. But you launch in with a ridiculous response... getting all triggered and pointing the finger etc...

Have a nice evening ZAPH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭corner of hells

archer22 wrote: »
    I wonder what the end result would have been if Vietnam hadn't invaded and toppled him?

Something similar to Zaph and nthclare arguing it out.

Imagine finding yourself in such a society. I'm scared of a future where some ruling technocrat is allowed to enginner their own social experiment on some unsuspecting population. I'm very worried by the glorification and power of the CEO's at businesses like Amazon and Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I was in Cambodia a number of years ago. Still a desperately sad and poor country. The killing fields and the school where thousands were tortured and shot are frightening places to visit.

It’s sickening that Pol Pot was allowed live out his days in relative peace. An absolute monster. Dictatorships breed monsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

archer22 wrote: »

3-2...............still missing the football.

• Advertisement

Imagine having such an event as part of your collective history.

Administrative evil is chillingly scary

Advertisement