Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE news report about dating...

Options
  • 15-05-2020 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

Watching RTE1 news, where a story appeared about dating during coronavirus. A Dating coach came on and said everyone should move online. Dating coach...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A dating coach... Fu*king hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

No i wouldn't agree with that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,681 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

6541 wrote: »
    Watching RTE1 news, where a story appeared about dating during coronavirus. A Dating coach came on and said everyone should move online. Dating coach...

Is that it?

Bit of an anti-climax there OP, for some reason I was expecting more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

A dating coach... Fu*king hell.

Imagine that being your job.

My dad was embarrassed enough at me being an office worker. If I’d gone home and said I wanted to be a dating coach, he’d have rightly booted me in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Dating coach, life coach ...

Great way to earn a living by spoofing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

RTE sponsor Tinder had this to say

Swipe swipe SWIPE

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And apparently its another way our young people are getting stressed and anxious.

They need to start toughening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm not worried about the young whippersnapper types it's them damn cougar wenches with the brittle hips

Dating coach, life coach ...

Great way to earn a living by spoofing.

Soon there'll be one to instruct how to pour milk on the cornflakes. These chancers should be publicly vilified.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

She looked like an awkward national school teacher. Spoofer.

• Advertisement

I think them coaches arent all bad

A bit yankish,but outside perspective is always good to.have....i know a few who have been to career/life coaches and got good advice/guidence

Though a dating coach sounds like.a way to take money off the desperate though

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Slow news day obviously....RTE just filling a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Soon there'll be one to instruct how to pour milk on the cornflakes. These chancers should be publicly vilified.

The trick is not to have the spoon sitting on top, if the milk hits that spoon it just goes everywhere.

Is a dating coach anything like a bang bus or do they take different routes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Is that it?

Bit of an anti-climax there OP, for some reason I was expecting more :(

No that's it, online dating. That dating coach is a genius. how did she come up with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

see yer man getting set up for the date, with the Candelabra and everything...? wonder how many times he's lit those candles, they were fairly burned down

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

see yer man getting set up for the date, with the Candelabra and everything...? wonder how many times he's lit those candles, they were fairly burned down

And he had them positioned behind the tablet, so his date wouldn't see them. She probably spent the evening wondering if his house was on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

.... In the first of our 6 part series Catherine Fulvio will be in New York to show us how the average newyorker pours their milk on their cornflakes following up in part 2 we will have Dr Ava with a berber tribe in Morocco sharing tips of how the berber do it. Later on in the series Marty Morrissy will be sharing milk and cornflakes with an iniut tribe in the frozen reaches of the artic.. Tune in next Tuesday and remember always pour your milk safely...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

This why I don't watch RTÉ.

I just can't do it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Did she have any suggestions on how to take things to the next level while maintaining social distancing, if the first few online dates go well?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

This why I don't watch RTÉ.

I just can't do it anymore.
    Im not alone then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Online dating during a pandemic, sounds like an episode of Black Mirror. You just know it’ll end badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Did she have any suggestions on how to take things to the next level while maintaining social distancing, if the first few online dates go well?

Advertisement