Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Happenin Here ?

Options
  • 02-05-2020 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

So many stories these days seem to just disappear and you wonder what happened .?

Seems to be no follow up in the meeeja or if there is a lot of folk miss it.

This thread is to jog the memories and maybe some informed Boardsies could provide an update on the issue in question.

A couple of examples :

The Clontarf re-possessions.....Mick Wallace /The Floods was big noos a short time ago...are they still in situ or what ?

The Healy-Rae Courtcase...was there ever any outcome ?

The guys over in Roscommon who refused to obey a court order and the resultant shennanigans ?

All peace and quiet now or what ?

Stuff like that ....feel free to throw in your own follow ups and see what transpires....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Is the harvey norman sale still on?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What up with the space before the question mark OP? Is your eyesight bad so you need to emphasise it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Brooklyn's got a winning team...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The floods got a stay of execution, last i heard.
    Most ppl then moved on to theresa lowe...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

What's the story with your Ma?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, your man is a bit off his head alright, sound enough if he was sedated I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Why do I love Cake so much? Is it a conspiracy?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

biko wrote: »
    What up with the space before the question mark OP? Is your eyesight bad so you need to emphasise it?

What up with your memory ? :eek: ;)biko punctuation thread :pac:

My memory is just fine. But I am still puzzled as to all the incidents of this particular grammatical error. There cannot possibly be that many French people on boards.

My latest is perhaps people can't see too well and think they need to add the space so others can see the question mark.
    They never make this mistakes with full stop.

Although it happens in Motors too it's much more rare there. Perhaps because the age group is older.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My memory is just fine. But I am still puzzled as to all the incidents of this particular grammatical error. There cannot possibly be that many French people on boards.

My latest is perhaps people can't see too well and think they need to add the space so others can see the question mark.
    They never make this mistakes with full stop.

Although it happens in Motors too it's much more rare there. Perhaps because the age group is older.

It's happening because you brought it to our attention :D biko ... adding an extra space gives it a bit of clarity now too - don't you think ? :pac:

No .

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

So did that Dara murphy dudesucceed in taking the poor tax payer for a good ride?

Chappie who racially abused Ian Wright.....will this stuff be swept under the carpet ?

Did that FG ex TD Murphy succeed in stiffing the taxpayer with no action taken. ?

Will Gemma and John actually PAY the reported€50K legal fees....if not who will pay it ?

That Healy-Rae alleged assault case down Kerry way......any outcome...seems to be taking an inordinate length of time ??

These are just some of the issues that should be concerning Boardsies this fine morning ......

Besides your problematic use of punctuation?

Besides your problematic use of punctuation?

If you tell me what is upsetting you Bik...I will try and sort it out.

Every good wish.....Nev.

Wondering what happened to a particular story ?

Check out what might be swept under the carpet.....

Highlight it here .....let's work together for answers.....

Nev.P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Nev.P

I’d say the main thing swept under the carpet in your place is the smegma and ball dust from your Guiney’s breeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

They are flogging the gaff for €700.00, where will they go from there I wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Nev.P

Why do some people on boards sign off their post with their (user)name or an abbreviation of it!? Never understood that.

Why do some people on boards sign off their post with their (user)name or an abbreviation of it!? Never understood that.

Sorry B....hope u not too upset....won't happen again......Nev.....Oops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Tried to find the original thread about this earlier and could not find it.

WTF is going on here, absolutely sickening and they seem so smug about it.

I’d say the main thing swept under the carpet in your place is the smegma and ball dust from your Guiney’s breeks.

Lovely considered post there Flash....really moves the thread along.

Don't take kindly to sour comments about my threads from a man in Farah "Slacks" and a row of Biros in the top pocket of his dunn coloured blazer.

Pop into Anthony Molloy's in Shop Street and get yourself sorted....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭pgj2015

what about the beast from the east, did the snow ever melt or are the roads still closed? i need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Theres definitely a few from the Celtic Tiger. I'm thinking that builder who built his imitation of Stonehenge on Achill Island as a protest, whatever happened that, is it still standing?

And then remember that other fella who owed millions so he went into hiding for six months, grew a scruffy beard and then showed up at the side of the road in Roscommon saying he was kidnapped and held hostage by the Russians. That was mad stuff, I bet that plan sounded really good in his head at the time, not so good when he had to undergo Garda questioning on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That coin John McAfee the computer virus dude!

Upped sticks and fcuked off to Central America, hasn’t been heard of.

What happened him.... cleansing the hard drives of San Salvador?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

That coin John McAfee the computer virus dude!

Upped sticks and fcuked off to Central America, hasn’t been heard of.

What happened him.... cleansing the hard drives of San Salvador?

Married a hooker, got big into the cryptocurrency scene, scammed people in that, posts bizarre drink and drug fuelled videos on twitter, big fan of large guns, has threatened to cut his own cock off by the end of the year if Bitcoin isn’t worth 100k.

Standard stuff for a dude in his 70’s.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    what about the beast from the east, did the snow ever melt or are the roads still closed? i need to know.

Welcome back from Planet Uranus !

Beast from the East all sorted.....was like the back lounge in The George....just a few little puffes.

Roads cleared....snow melted....all put to bed....supplies of Brennans Bread at normal levels.

Another issue cleared up !

Let's get this stuff DONE !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

"Dewey Defeats Truman"

Advertisement