Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertilizer in this weather

Options
  • 01-06-2020 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Just cutting some silage. Bare ground afterwards. Should i wait for rain before applying 18 6 12 or should i just go ahead in this weather.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭endainoz

Just cutting some silage. Bare ground afterwards. Should i wait for rain before applying 18 6 12 or should i just go ahead in this weather.

Id say it would be a waste of time with the ground so dry. If you had a good bit of watery slurry to throw on it maybe. But not everyone has that luxury, no harm in waiting for a few days. Wait for the temps to drop a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

endainoz wrote: »
    Id say it would be a waste of time with the ground so dry. If you had a good bit of watery slurry to throw on it maybe. But not everyone has that luxury, no harm in waiting for a few days. Wait for the temps to drop a bit.

Thinking of going out tomorrow with fertilizer for a bit of a second cut. Got slurry 10 days ago and has got rain so might chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Why would you not throw it out now and wait for the rain.
    It will just sit there and still be there when the rain comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭endainoz

_Brian wrote: »
    Why would you not throw it out now and wait for the rain.
    It will just sit there and still be there when the rain comes.

So why not just wait for the rain to come then?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

So why not just wait for the rain to come then?

There is every chance you will be asleep or at some other job when the rain does come!! hopefully some small drop tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Put out half what you'd normally put out just before the evening due.

Advertisement