Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyberpunk 2077 + Google Stadia Premiere Kit

• 13-12-2020 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Haven't seen this posted yet. If you buy Cyberpunk 2077 on stadia (€59.99) you currently get the Google Stadia Premiere kit, which is the controller and chromecast ultra (worth €100) for free. If you sign up for a trial of stadia Pro you get €10 discount on next game, so in effect its €49.99 for the game and kit.

I know stadia hasn't been super reviewed but apparently the experience of cyberpunk 2077 is quite good.

Offer runs until 18th December...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey all,

Haven't seen this posted yet. If you buy Cyberpunk 2077 on stadia (€59.99) you currently get the Google Stadia Premiere kit, which is the controller and chromecast ultra (worth €100) for free. If you sign up for a trial of stadia Pro you get €10 discount on next game, so in effect its €49.99 for the game and kit.

I know stadia hasn't been super reviewed but apparently the experience of cyberpunk 2077 is quite good.

Link?

If you buy this in stadia can you play it locally also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I thought it would have been something specific to this offer the OP mentioned.
    I see it there though, thanks.

Signed up for the trial - can't see anything about the deal. Game available to purchase for 59.99 but no mrntion of the freebie. Linky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I signed up to Stadia and bought Cyberpunk for €50 on Friday night, got the promo code for the free Stadia kit the following evening, it was less than 24 hours from when I signed up. Delivery was still down as before Christmas too. Just in case anybody is unsure about the offer, that was my experience. Worked perfectly and it's a bargain, Chromecast alone usually goes for €40 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Signed up for the trial - can't see anything about the deal. Game available to purchase for 59.99 but no mrntion of the freebie. Linky?

The details are usually on the home page for Stadia. But I also found it in the description for the Cyberpunk games so click into that and you should see it there.

DubDJ wrote: »
    The details are usually on the home page for Stadia. But I also found it in the description for the Cyberpunk games so click into that and you should see it there.

I didn't look hard enough obviously. You're spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Apologies for not including link, I did it all within the app. T&Cs can be seen here: https://stadia.google.com/game/cyberpunk2077?hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Nollog

SickBoy wrote: »
    If you buy this in stadia can you play it locally also?

No, it's stadia. Streaming only.

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »
    No, it's stadia. Streaming only.

However, you don't need to maintain a subscription to play games you bought on stadia - once you own it you can play it for free on stadia. I'm gonna check out performance on the free games. If I'm happy, I think I'll go for this and start to question why I bothered to build a tricked out gaming PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭emclau

There’s also 3 months access to stadia if you subscribe to google one for 2e per month... t&c’s below.. I just got my google one account during the week and am eligible for the offer..

3 months of Stadia Pro, on us
    Stadia is Google’s gaming platform that lets you play video games on screens you already own. Google One members can try Stadia Pro for 3 months and instantly play a range of free games.* Keep playing for €9.99 a month, cancel any time.

Redeem now
    This Stadia Pro promotional offer is for a three (3) month subscription trial of Stadia Pro without charge, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
    Offer is only available to Google One subscribers that are residents of Ireland and who do not have an active Stadia Pro subscription, or previously had a Stadia Pro subscription.
    Offer can be redeemed during account creation or, for those who already have Stadia accounts, from stadia.com/pro.
    You must be a paid Google One subscriber, Google One trial subscriber or in the Google family of a paid Google One subscriber to redeem the offer.
    If you do not have an existing Stadia Pro subscription, redeeming the offer will give you the option to subscribe to Stadia Pro with your first three (3) months at no charge. You will enjoy the same benefits in your first three (3) months as in future recurring months of membership. Valid form of payment required at sign-up, but you will not be charged until the three (3) months have completed, and you may cancel at any time. You will need to cancel before the end of the three (3) months if you do not want to be charged. To find out how to manage or cancel your subscription, visit g.co/stadia/subscriptions.
    At the end of the three (3) month trial period, you will automatically be charged the standard Stadia Pro monthly subscription price of €9.99 per month on a recurring basis. No refunds for partial billing periods are available. Add-on content is not refundable.
    If you cancel your Stadia Pro subscription, you will lose access to all subscription games (and associated add-ons) you claimed with Stadia Pro. (“Subscription games” are the free games you can access as part of your Stadia Pro subscription.) You will not lose access to games you purchase or add-ons you purchased for those games.
    If you re-subscribe to Stadia Pro, access to free games and add-ons that you had previously claimed with Stadia Pro will be restored, provided such games are still available on Stadia.
    If you have purchased add-ons for a given game, you will only have access to those add-ons while you have access to the game.
    Offer available until and must be redeemed by December 31, 2021. Stadia reserves the right to change or cancel the offer at any time. If Google determines that this offer is used in connection with abuse, misuse or fraud, the offer will be voided.
    Active Google Account and Stadia registration required. Use of Stadia is subject to the Stadia Terms of Service and Stadia Privacy Notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey all,

Can confirm it works as op said. Was about to post it here but was busy playing CP'77 (almost 40 hours now).
    There are some bugs and game crashed couple of times (less than Metro).
    Playing on Dell Latitude laptop with Xbox 360 usb controller.

There was promo on Revolut with three months for free plus 10 euros for first purchase (not for pre-order a).

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

I can't see it anywhere in the description about the free controller and Chromecast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

drver1 wrote: »
    I can't see it anywhere in the description about the free controller and Chromecast?

Seems to have been removed. Was there around 7 when I bought it. They may have run out of allocated stock for the promo :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Seems to have been removed. Was there around 7 when I bought it. They may have run out of allocated stock for the promo :confused:

It's says they have run out in Canada not mention of elsewhere but maybe Ireland just haven't posted it yet. I ordered Saturday. I'm not going to play the game until I see if I get the kit because if not I will return it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Looks like it ended
    https://9to5google.com/2020/12/13/stadia-cyberpunk-premiere-edition-ended/
    Confirmed on the Stadia subreddit tonight, Google has stopped this promotion as of December 13th in all regions. The Cyberpunk promotion ended for Stadia users in Canada on December 10th.

Probably a good thing cause I don't need it anyway.... right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭AhhHere

Purchased this at 10pm last night. Within the PST 4pm, Dec 13th cut off. Fingers crossed I get the redemption mail today. Know it can take a full day. Have ways to play on laptop but really want to try this on the telly. Also have the 3 months of pro free with One Drive. Should I "claim" all the games available? Or will they remain there forever

Edit: just reread the posts. Seems I will get the redemption code as I was within the time limit. But might take 7 days for it to arrive. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Damien360

AhhHere wrote: »
    Purchased this at 10pm last night. Within the PST 4pm, Dec 13th cut off. Fingers crossed I get the redemption mail today. Know it can take a full day. Have ways to play on laptop but really want to try this on the telly. Also have the 3 months of pro free with One Drive. Should I "claim" all the games available? Or will they remain there forever

Edit: just reread the posts. Seems I will get the redemption code as I was within the time limit. But might take 7 days for it to arrive. Happy days.

I did the same as you. Ordered cyberpunk well before cutoff. No email yet to say I got the offer. Will try refund it if I don’t get the offer as I don’t see the value otherwise.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I ordered at 8:45pm last night, so I should also eventually get the redemption code

• Advertisement

I've ordered CP'77 on 10th just minute after midnight and got email with code for free Stadia Premiere Pack around 7pm next day.

I'm pretty sure I'll sell chromecast and maybe controller as have no option to play on tv anyhow.
    Laptop and 32inch monitor will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Just got my code there. Delivery by 6-7 January supposedly.

JxEC8N4.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Just got my code at 19:08 and ordered as well. Pretty good deal. I bought the game around 6pm yesterday.

I got my code a few mins ago, just ordered. Delivery 8-12 January

I also just got email and ordered. Delivery is 11th to 12th January.

I was hoping for it before Christmas, but still, decent offer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Bought game on Sunday, just received email to order gear and ETA is Delivered by 8–11 Jan

Same

AhhHere wrote: »

Email arrived at 7pm. Delivery due Jan 11th. Happy days. Thanks op

Damien360 wrote: »
    I did the same as you. Ordered cyberpunk well before cutoff. No email yet to say I got the offer. Will try refund it if I don’t get the offer as I don’t see the value otherwise.

Woohoo. Thanks OP. Got my email for free stadia white. Delivery January 8th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Great deal - Has anyone ordered since the cut off though and managed to still get this offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just got my dispatch notice !
    Your order is on its way
    Your order has been dispatched. Here's some information on when to expect your package and how to track it along the way.

Ordered Dec 14
    Dispatched Dec 18
    Delivery Dec 21–22

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Just got my dispatch notice !

I ordered the same date as you, but mine isn't here until the 12th of January :(

I ordered the same date as you, but mine isn't here until the 12th of January :(

My delivery date just got moved forward from 8th Jan to 21st December so keep an eye on your emails for changes.

Damien360 wrote: »
    My delivery date just got moved forward from 8th Jan to 21st December so keep an eye on your emails for changes.

I just got my dispatch email there :D:D

I just got my dispatch email there :D:D

Same

• Advertisement

Came to say the same. Original dat Jan 11th. Dispatched today and due Dec 21st. Happy Christmas to me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi, did I not hear on the radio that there are issues with this game and people are being refunded? Maybe not, sorry if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Mine is out for delivery. Should be here soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi, did I not hear on the radio that there are issues with this game and people are being refunded? Maybe not, sorry if I'm wrong.

Yep. Heard it also.
    The game is being pulled from playstation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/sony-pulls-cyberpunk-2077-from-playstation-store-over-glitches-1.4440363

My delivery date is now 21-22 December. That pleases me.

I tried Stadia this week on my PC, but my PC is connected to a wi-fi extender yoke (awkward layout) and my speeds here are not consistent. My TV is next to the internet router and we have gigabit, so I have high expectations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭recyclops

vicwatson wrote: »

its not as bad as its being made out, I havent played on base console but the stadia version should run much better than those so this is still a great bargain ( that i am raging i missed out on )

Got my bundle today !!
    At the moment I played on laptop using Xbox 360 controller. Gonna try stadia controller first with laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

This was the bargain of the year for me. After seeing mainly negative or lukewarm reviews, I’m surprised how well stadia works using the chromecast ultra and stadia controller. Judging by the whole PS4 debacle, it is also one of the better ways to play Cyberpunk 2077 short of buying a €3000 gaming PC. It’s a great game. Thanks OP.

cjlawlor wrote: »
    This was the bargain of the year for me. After seeing mainly negative or lukewarm reviews, I’m surprised how well stadia works using the chromecast ultra and stadia controller. Judging by the whole PS4 debacle, it is also one of the better ways to play Cyberpunk 2077 short of buying a €3000 gaming PC. It’s a great game. Thanks OP.

Great to hear, mine arrives on Tuesday.. Looking forward to it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

recyclops wrote: »
    its not as bad as its being made out, I havent played on base console but the stadia version should run much better than those so this is still a great bargain ( that i am raging i missed out on )

I've put about 20 hours into it on Xbox Series X and bar one funny glitch, thoroughly enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Can't believe they pulled the offer early, disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

event wrote: »
    Can't believe they pulled the offer early, disgusted

Raging I missed it, especially when it seems to run fine on stadia

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

Missed out on the offer, but ordered anyway, won't be buying a Xbox Series X after using this for a few hours. So good

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

if there ever is a reason to check this forum regularly, its examples of this post. im gutted i missed this offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Got mine today :D
    Works very well and "Cthulhu Saves Christmas" was just made free on Pro (linky)

• Advertisement
Advertisement