Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPS Couriers -v- An Post

• 27-11-2020 12:30am

This probably has limited appeal but just thought its worth highlighting the value UPS offers especially their UPS Standard service. I've sent dozens of parcels with them in the last few weeks and saved massively versus An Post.

For example:

4KG to Luxembourg
    UPS: €23
    Parcel2Go: €33
    An Post: €52

2.5KG to UK

UPS: €12.09
    Parcel2Go: €19
    An Post: €23

Fully tracked, insured up to €85 and collected from your door.

You can buy a label online and pay by card on ups.com. You don't need an account.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Informative and thanks for sharing but perhaps more suited to the Consumer Issues or Rip of Ireland forum as I don't think its a bargain alert in the pure sense of the word?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

UPS has the worse customer service out of any courier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Zardoz

UPS has the worse customer service out of any courier.

Nope, its one of the best.
    Fastway are probably the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭VG31

Zardoz wrote: »
    Nope, its one of the best.
    Fastway are probably the worst.

I use UPS frequently enough and find them very reliable. In the last year only one parcel was late, it was delayed by a day along the way. A few actually arrived early. I've thankfully never had any reason to contact their customer service.

They're definitely the best value courier to the UK, small/medium parcels are €12.09. There's no extra charge for collection either which is handy. I think their prices are going up from 2021, but they'll still be great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭thebo

Won't be using an post for anything expensive ever again. Sent registered parcel with over €200 worth goods. Tracking still showing stuck at Dublin parcel hub since August.

Countless emails and letters and said they are investigating.

They have closed there email service so only taking calls which isn't free number.

Will try ups from now on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭manor

GLS better value to both

• manor wrote: »
    GLS better value to both

I priced it direct with GLS and with GLS through P2G. For all my parcels they were more expensive.

I priced it direct with GLS and with GLS through P2G. For all my parcels they were more expensive.

Yes GLS are more expensive. The only time UPS doesn't work out cheapest is for deliveries within Ireland/Northern Ireland. GLS, DPD and Nightline are (usually) cheaper within Ireland/NI.

DPD is marginally cheaper (about a euro or two) for parcels to Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.

• VG31 wrote: »
    DPD is marginally cheaper (about a euro or two) for parcels to Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.

Is that for the DPD in store drop off service?

Is that for the DPD in store drop off service?

Yeah drop-off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement