Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

" 8GB Allwinner A23 Dual Core Android 4.2 Tablet 7inch - €34 at Tmart

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

anyone here use Tmart before ? what were your experiences of delivery times etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

No problem with countless orders. 4-5 weeks is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

would this be any good for using for playing music too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

daheff wrote: »
    would this be any good for using for playing music too?

I can only imagine it would be perfect for playing music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Probably asked for the millionth time, but what is the story with customs?
    1) Would one definitely have to pay it, and
    2) - what might the cost be (isn't it a percentage of the item cost)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

Just noticed that there is a US plug & UK plug version. Does this mean that the unit can only be charged via an adapter or can it be charged via USB?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

mini usb is standard these days.

I'd be worried about the build quality at this price range. The buttons especially. It's not much use if the power button breaks after 2 weeks and you can't turn it on.

LowOdour wrote: »
    Probably asked for the millionth time, but what is the story with customs?
    1) Would one definitely have to pay it, and
    2) - what might the cost be (isn't it a percentage of the item cost)

Ask them to mark it at a lower value, I do it alot when buying from China, and have yet had to pay anything to customs.

The cost would only be minimal if caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I had one of these at the old €40 price from T Mart. No problem with customs. 3-4 weeks is standard delivery. Worked great for the price until it was sat on! Charging by USB was also ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

just ordered one, i expect the kid to break it within a few weeks, hopefully not lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Now showing at €32.85:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Now showing at €32.85:).

Thats with a us plug, the price goes up when you select to the UK plug. Have absolutely no need for it as I'm typing this on a nexus 7 but I'm still tempted to get one. Someone tell me not to click "buy now"!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Thats with a us plug, the price goes up when you select to the UK plug. Have absolutely no need for it as I'm typing this on a nexus 7 but I'm still tempted to get one. Someone tell me not to click "buy now"!

just ordered now :) price also goes up if you choose a colour other than black !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

daheff wrote: »
    Just noticed that there is a US plug & UK plug version. Does this mean that the unit can only be charged via an adapter or can it be charged via USB?
    Just a heads up.
    It will come with a 5v,2a plug, usually This one (You may find one less than €4) .
    The plugs that comes with those tablets are notoriously bad, It might be worth getting a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EVILE

i ordered from UK warehouse ( 2 - 7 days delivery)
    €39.19 (€37.23) with discount code A6

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Just ordered on the UK site and came in at €32.44 using A6 code. Cheeres

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I got one of these 8 months ago...worked out 40 50 euro.

Its a grand tablet actually...

only problem is the battery sucks ass.. but good tablet other then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I got one of these 8 months ago...worked out 40 50 euro.

Its a grand tablet actually...

only problem is the battery sucks ass.. but good tablet other then that.

What sort of standby do you get? What sort of screen-on time when doing simple stuff like web browsing?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

8 9 hours... I think But i kept putting it down and and picking it up.

But I would say if you were really using it it would be gone in no time.

Its a good tablet I did my research when I was buying it and

the all winner A20...which is going for the same price.

the amount of returns for that partical tablet model is unreal faults to beat the band.

But the A20 has no problems at all.

I dropped it once but and from then on It made this clicking noise from the inside.

Like a speaker....

but it still works fine I have to say,

mine just arrived today, no customs charges :)
    havnt tried it yet, US charger and using my Asus Nexus 7 charger to charge it.

• Advertisement

lmimmfn wrote: »
    mine just arrived today, no customs charges :)
    havnt tried it yet, US charger and using my Asus Nexus 7 charger to charge it.

Let us know what you think of it.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Let us know what you think of it.
    ok from first impressions and comparing to a google nexus 7 2012 version i bought last year
    - screen wise, its slightly lower resolution however you can just barely see the black spaces between the pixels( this is noticable when i compare it to my nexus as you cant see it )
    - im just guessing but this looks like a TN panel, the viewing angle is very low, you need to be looking at it straight on to see everything uniformly. Tilt it when for example using the keyboard and the colours of the keys will be different from left to right due to the low viewing angle.
    - looks like it can only play 360p youtube videos
    - speaker is quite good compared to the low par one in the nexus( thats not to say its brilliant )
    - its a tad sluggish switching between apps, but moving about web pages its completely fine.
    - battery life i would say is very low, i enabled wifi, installed youtube, played 2-3 mins of video, opened 1 or 2 web pages, scrolled around clicking on a few things and its down to 94% battery, since starting this post its down to 93%.
    - seems to be already rooted, dev options are available in settings.
    - cameras are very low quality

I need to test if it can play 720p videos with decent FPS, but wont get a chance until the weekend

But hey its cheap as chips and perfect for the young ones, overall i would say its pretty decent.

For the price its magic

Bottom lime: Theres no comparison to a 2012 Nexus 7, its a grand tablet for kids but the battery life is really low, its down to 81% since i started writing this and thats on idle with wifi enabled since i ended paying about with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Found this on youtube...doesn't seem too bad in action. As mentioned, perfect for the kids...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9wlrFRQdxA

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Does this charge with microusb or does it have a cylindrical pin like the old nokias?

breathn wrote: »
    Does this charge with microusb or does it have a cylindrical pin like the old nokias?
    microusb, it comes with a charger plug but its US, bought a charger and case for it seperately from amazon uk for about 13euro delivered( wouldnt have bothered normally but the mrs likes it ).

Also comes with a handy regular usb to micro usb cable which i didnt have and allows me to plug USB sticks into my nexus which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DizzyDamsel

Heres a nice Keyboard case to go with the 7" for only just over 6e.....

ttp://m.tmart.com/7-Tablet-PC-Leather-Case-with-Keyboard-Micro-USB-Interface-Black_p161328.html

I'm not allowed to post links, just put the 'h' before the 'ttp'

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Just got hit with a €13.35 customs charge on this. Given the tablet cost €35 im a bit taken aback!!! Has anyone any experience on this, can i appeal it?

Just got hit with a €13.35 customs charge on this. Given the tablet cost €35 im a bit taken aback!!! Has anyone any experience on this, can i appeal it?

Nope. It happens sometimes unfortunately, you were just unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Part of that is the fee An Post charge for collecting the VAT I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

How would this work for watching movie files? My little guy sometimes watches cartoons on my Nexus and obviously something cheaper would be better for him to have his sticky mitts on. And what type of battery life would it have if used mainly for that.

Advertisement