Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelbourne/Harolds Cross Greyhound Racing

Options
  • 04-08-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

I think this is a great deal/bargain. Entry into either of the Greyhounds Tracks 10 euro which includes (race card, 2 euro token towards a drink, 1 euro token for a bet, sausage and chips). Normal cost of entry is 10 euro with none of the above. I think it runs up to this Saturday and you have to book ahead on 1890-269969

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 KonstanDKAY

It is estimated that approximately 14000 greyhounds are "disposed of" in Ireland each year. (ISPCA website)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bargain sounds like the dogs bollix. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glog

It is estimated that approximately 14000 greyhounds are "disposed of" in Ireland each year. (ISPCA website)

Link Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

I thought it was one bargain per thread in this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭glog

cgarrad wrote: »

I didn't think an official site from a well respected organisation could print such sh1te, untruths and down right lies.
    Looks like Gormley and his mates have infiltrated them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭cson

Tbh debating the rights and wrongs of greyhound racing has no place in a bargain alert thread. It might be a bargain to some but don't post here if the sport offends you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

This only applies to groups of ten or more.

(Plus it's not a special offer)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

ian_m wrote: »
    This only applies to groups of ten or more.

(Plus it's not a special offer)

I booked for me and him and two kids for the price - no mention of a group of ten

Ok, if that is the case then you did get a bit of bargain. I've been to both tracks recently and haven't seen it advertised anywhere.

Ill have to make a call next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Ok, if that is the case then you did get a bit of bargain. I've been to both tracks recently and haven't seen it advertised anywhere.

Ill have to make a call next time.

TBH I only found out about the offer when I picked up one of the flyers in Labdrokes and rang the number - I've gone to Shelbourne with him and the kids and it worked out pretty expensive if the kids wanted chips and stuff - plus it grated me giving 5 euro each (I think) for the kids to get into the track!!!

If I'm going again later in the year I'll ask for that offer (regardless if it's advertised or not)..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It's on the IGB.ie website.

Kids (think it's U14's) are free anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Kids €3
    Students & Seniors with ID €5
    Adults €10

Deals are good for adults but with kids or students it can work out the same really if you add it all up..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

When did they start charging for kids?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    It's on the IGB.ie website.

Website also says minimum numbers of 10 persons required.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Website also says minimum numbers of 10 persons required.

Here the latest offer.

http://livingsocial.com/deals/40751-greyhound-racing-admission-with-beer-and-burger?msdc_id=68&ref=Deal050611_68_8077email

looks like a good one to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

Got a email from them this morning and bough 2 tickets straightaway, and also the vouchers are valid for 5 years,

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Levitate

bought two myself, how do you know they are valid for 5 years? i thought it was 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I have 2 Complimentary Passes for Shelbourne Park that I wont use, so they are free to the first person who posts here looking for them.

Only valid on Wednesday nights.

Please dont PM me unless your the first poster requesting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Brianj90

Ill take them if there still going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Brianj90 wrote: »
    Ill take them if there still going
    They're yours. Pm me your details and ill pop them in the post.

Advertisement