Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Summer Sale

Options
  • 17-07-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi does anyone know when the Next Summer Sale is starting or has it already started? I have seen a lot of online chat that the uk one is starting Saturday 19th July but im not sure if roi are the same days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Tomorrow @ 5am so I hear...

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Hi does anyone know when the Next Summer Sale is starting

2015, I presume! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

It is tomorrow at 5, my girlfriend is a manager in one of the stores and they have been getting ready for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

It is tomorrow at 5, my girlfriend is a manager in one of the stores and they have been getting ready for it.

Would it be a big sale normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Phantom99 wrote: »
    Would it be a big sale normally?

Usually is a big sale and very busy when it opens in the early hours of the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Blingy wrote: »
    Usually is a big sale and very busy when it opens in the early hours of the morning.

I would describe it as crazy and that would be an understatement. Some people drag the entire family out of their beds so expect shouting parents, screaming kids and manic shoppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MollFlanders

Can you shop online at 5 am? How does the online sale work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Can you shop online at 5 am? How does the online sale work?

Usually starts much later online. Not sure of exact time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I don't understand why people would bring the kids to the Next sale!! I have told the husband that the sale is on, himself and the son will either still be in bed or up playing playstation in their pjs when I get home from the sale! I could not bring either of them with me. I would actually kill them! If my husband was not available to mind son, I just wouldn't to to the Next sale, it would not be worth it listening to young sir giving out. But plenty of shoppers do, drag their smallies outta bed and have them hanging out of their buggies roaring and crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

But plenty of shoppers do, drag their smallies hubbies outta bed and have them hanging out of their buggies them roaring and crying.

fixed it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 claredoylo

Hi newbie to next sales does everyone get in a once or are they let in in groups just wondering what time should I go to the store at and do all the stores open for 5? Tia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

claredoylo wrote: »
    Hi newbie to next sales does everyone get in a once or are they let in in groups just wondering what time should I go to the store at and do all the stores open for 5? Tia :)

Every store generally has a maximum capacity and I think that they do count numbers entering stores so this would probably mean that if they reached the maximum number they'd just tell people to wait a while to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

why is the sale so big, are the discounts that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

claredoylo wrote: »

They'll be queuing in Blanch (Dub 15) from 3am.
    Doors will open at 5am.
    Women will be transformed at this precise time into raving lunatics.
    Some males will be seen at this point looking very concerned.
    Same women will charge in through the doors like a wild herd of animals.
    Security will corral the wild animals into manageable groups - allowing access to perhaps 200 then close for a short while and repeat.
    Women will be issued with clear bags (huge) on entry.
    The few unfortunate males who remain, at this point, will be the official "bag carriers"
    Women will proceed to children's & women's sections and derail as much as they can get their arms around.
    Women will scurry off to some recess where they will start systematically trawling through their stuff and disgard unwanted spoils
    Women will commence queuing for items (which will take forever unless they are very quick to the tills)
    Some inventive women will instruct their "bag carriers" to take up strategic positions on the queue while they continue to forage.
    Women who exit premises with multiple bags will be scorned by those still awaiting entry.

Men who stood their ground & refused will wait in car with previous day's newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

dodzy wrote: »
    They'll be queuing in Blanch (Dub 15) from 3am.
    Doors will open at 5am.
    Women will be transformed at this precise time into raving lunatics.
    Some males will be seen at this point looking very concerned.
    Same women will charge in through the doors like a wild herd of animals.
    Security will corral the wild animals into manageable groups - allowing access to perhaps 200 then close for a short while and repeat.
    Women will be issued with clear bags (huge) on entry.
    The few unfortunate males who remain, at this point, will be the official "bag carriers"
    Women will proceed to children's & women's sections and derail as much as they can get their arms around.
    Women will scurry off to some recess where they will start systematically trawling through their stuff and disgard unwanted spoils
    Women will commence queuing for items (which will take forever unless they are very quick to the tills)
    Some inventive women will instruct their "bag carriers" to take up strategic positions on the queue while they continue to forage.
    Women who exit premises with multiple bags will be scorned by those still awaiting entry.

Men who stood their ground & refused will wait in car with previous day's newspaper.
    you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

bleedin' animals is what they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,982 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The mind boggles people queue from 2 a.m for this crack to get a few quid of some clothes. You can walk in at 9 a.m. usually and there is still a pretty good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

rob316 wrote: »
    The mind boggles people queue from 2 a.m for this crack to get a few quid of some clothes. You can walk in at 9 a.m. usually and there is still a pretty good selection.

Not in the kids section there's not

Not a chance. You'd be getting scraps.

Skerries wrote: »
    why is the sale so big, are the discounts that good?

In fairness, it was decent several years ago. It's gone to the dogs of late. People arrive in organized packs, literally clear entire rails of clothing and then bugger off and form closed circle groups with a shed load of clothes in the middle. Then they just rummage amongst themselves, passing various items to one another. As I've said, it's gone to the dogs. Anyone who has turned up to the blanch store sale would have witnessed this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

As said above, the kids stuff sells out at lightning speed.
    You can kit your child out for a year for less than the price of penny's clothing. Handy when you have birthdays, Xmas or family weddings coming up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement