Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7" Tablet €99 Aldi

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

wilford wrote: »
    Read what I wrote in the post again,I asked a specific user who had bought a tablet in Tesco a question,I can read,I did see the thread title and don't need you or anyone else to tell me this,Thanks.
    You're right. Please accept my apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Anyone know what the battery life on aldi lifetablet is , might just get nexus 7, had a cheapie tablet called ainol , really was a pain in the ainol, broke me heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It says 4hrs I think.
    No point wondering now if you didn't already get one yesterday though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

whiskeyman wrote: »
    It says 4hrs I think.
    No point wondering now if you didn't already get one yesterday though!

True! Has anyone been using it since yesterday? Are you happy with it? Any feedback!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

madmoe wrote: »
    True! Has anyone been using it since yesterday? Are you happy with it? Any feedback!?

v happy with it!
    I've only ever used a ipad mini briefly, and reason I got the tablet was to enjoy Netflix / RTE player and other basic browsing as my iphone was just to small for that when at home.
    The android interface is nice and the apps all seem to run smoothly.
    The display is fine and the unit seems sturdy enough.
    The speaker isn't the best, but I'd be using headphones anyway.
    Can't fault it for €99 to be honest. I just couldnt justify spending over €200 on one so I'm well happy with this.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Gave up looking at fake bargains and zero stock steals. Got the A13 from hongkonggeek for €43... sure, it'll probably be crap, but who cares at €43? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Gave up looking at fake bargains and zero stock steals. Got the A13 from hongkonggeek for €43... sure, it'll probably be crap, but who cares at €43? :-)

The problem I have found with cheap tablets is the battery - screens tend to be generally fine, and even if the touch screen isn't the best, its sufficient for the casual use, but....there is no getting around a bad battery.

The last cheap tablet I got from HK was 40 euro, and it was fine in every regard given the price, except the battery only lasted about 50 minutes....rendering the whole thing as good as useless for everything but using it in bed (being honest, that's still a valid use, so even at that it may suit some perfectly!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

The problem I have found with cheap tablets is the battery - screens tend to be generally fine, and even if the touch screen isn't the best, its sufficient for the casual use, but....there is no getting around a bad battery.

The last cheap tablet I got from HK was 40 euro, and it was fine in every regard given the price, except the battery only lasted about 50 minutes....rendering the whole thing as good as useless for everything but using it in bed (being honest, that's still a valid use, so even at that it may suit some perfectly!)
    The A13 v2 supposedly has a 3000mAh which user reviews say gets over 4 hours. Flash player is my big want really. If it'll run that well (Youtubes say it does) then I'll have my money's worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This could be a good alternative to those who missed out on the Aldi one.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/KOBO-Arc-7-Tablet-32-GB/320973/7.18

1gb ram with 32gb storage, €99

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

zerks wrote: »
    This could be a good alternative to those who missed out on the Aldi one.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/KOBO-Arc-7-Tablet-32-GB/320973/7.18

1gb ram with 32gb storage, €99
    Broken link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Broken link

Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

works for me too. Im looking for one for my mam for xmas. Really just for browsing the web and reading paper and food sites etc. I am useless at knowing whats half decent or not. I have an ipad mini myself so apart from that dont know anything! is there a point in getting her a kobo or knidle if shes not big into reading (though she might get into it) just for web surfing and rte player etc,?? cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good price for the Kobo Arc. Good dual core and excellent screen. It's much more expensive on amazon. Think that's the old model Arc, there's a newer one with a better processor. But that one is still perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

I was in Aldi Parnell St on Thursday afternoon and watched a security guard go into the store room and come out with one of these which he the handed to some lad he obviously knew.

I think it's real shoddy of Aldi to let their staff "reserve" stock that's in such short supply and was promoted so heavily. If I was one of the people who queued unsuccessfully early on Sunday morning and then saw this, I'd have been livid!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

AltAccount wrote: »
    I was in Aldi Parnell St on Thursday afternoon and watched a security guard go into the store room and come out with one of these which he the handed to some lad he obviously knew.
    I think it's real shoddy of Aldi to let their staff "reserve" stock that's in such short supply and was promoted so heavily. If I was one of the people who queued unsuccessfully early on Sunday morning and then saw this, I'd have been livid!
    You should complain to Aldi about this.
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/information/useful-information/faqs/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

System update available just now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

1024x600 is just not up to scratch anymore in terms of resolution. The other specs seem fine, but I'd say if you're on the lookout for a budget tablet go for the Nook HD (outstanding tablet, only notable things missing are cameras and vibration, the screen is one of the best of it's kind in terms of quality though) or the Tesco Hudl if you can get it.

But yeah - I can certainly vouch for the Nook HD. Since B&N have decided to discontinue them they're selling the remainder of stock at a stunning price, and I've found the display, speakers, and battery life fantastic for the money, plus the microSD slot which is strangely missing in a lot of higher-end tablets nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

mrcheez wrote: »

Do you order these at the counter or are they down in the shop with the other stuff. It'll be my first electronic purchase from aldi and have seen the glass case before so not sure how getting it in store works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

on the morning of sale be there early
    As with most of the "bargains" from aldi ,it will be ticketed on a first come first served basis

Staff tend to grab a few for friends family etc
    At crimbo they had about 7 per store

they never make it to the glass case

Customer service is very very good,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

So I just run to the back of the store in there? I heard that sometimes you can only buy the electronics from the checkout that whatever is usually in the glass case you have to go to the checkout? First aldi rush! Haha ;) thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

mrcheez wrote: »

It's the E7318 model (previous was E7316). Supposedly an improved 2014 version.

just get there around 8,they (staff) will ask you what your queuing for and you have a ticket...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Got one the last time they were on sale for the mother in law, it's grand for what she uses it for, but every now and then it boots up with everything back to front (display wise).

Text is back to front, the apps logos are back to front, and even trying to swype it to unlock it, or drag down the notifications bar, all the icons are back to front (and require back to front touch/swype to use them)

Tried googling but not much info, I've noticed the only way to restore the display to normal is by getting a pin and pushing the reset button at the back.

I recently took her tablet home and updated software etc on it, so fingers crossed that will solve the issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭GobblyNob

Anybody know if this has HDMI out?

Also the cpu and ram is the same as the last one so how exactly have the specs been updated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Is this a good deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

GobblyNob wrote: »
    Anybody know if this has HDMI out?

Also the cpu and ram is the same as the last one so how exactly have the specs been updated?
    I think if it had HDMI out, it would say so - not many tabs have that, so they usually list it in the specs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

I was just replying on another thread in relation to tablets, Yes HDMI and Processor speeds are very important, What ever it is about the size of the internal memory space That can always be upgraded by buying one of those cheap mobile phone memory cards and then you will have an instant storage upgrade. But If you buy a cheap tablet without a decent processor and without HDMI, well those can never be installed afterwards, they are a part of the hardware. 120€ will get you a decent tablet with free carry case, Pink blue red colors and 2 years warranty! Overmax Solutions Longford, Google search is your friend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

spongbob wrote: »
    I was just replying on another thread in relation to tablets, Yes HDMI and Processor speeds are very important, What ever it is about the size of the internal memory space That can always be upgraded by buying one of those cheap mobile phone memory cards and then you will have an instant storage upgrade. But If you buy a cheap tablet without a decent processor and without HDMI, well those can never be installed afterwards, they are a part of the hardware. 120€ will get you a decent tablet with free carry case, Pink blue red colors and 2 years warranty! Overmax Solutions Longford, Google search is your friend!

Does this have HDMI out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

vienne86 wrote: »
    Does this have HDMI out?

Research and Google translate seem to say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

vienne86 wrote: »
    Does this have HDMI out?

Yes they have, I have a number of the overmax products, they all seem to have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yes they have, I have a number of the overmax products, they all seem to have it.

Why would you bump a BA thread that is almost four months old just to add this? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Christ got my hopes up that these were coming back into stock when I saw the thread bumped.

:rolleyes:

I had to double check it wasn't Christmas:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Actually, they don't. I'm 95% certain my mother in laws doesn't anyway. Just got at Christmas 13.

• Advertisement
Advertisement