Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sennheiser RS 160/RS 180 Wireless Headphones on Amazon Spain [Amazon.ES]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

You always seem to be rushing out the door when you post deals :D

I got the Sennheiser RS140-8 from Amazon.fr when you posted about it here. They work fine, but I wouldn't recommend them because they mark a really needlessly loud and annoying and repetitive beeping noise if your audio input is too quiet, or if it's silent for a minute, and also when you turn them on and off.

They also occasionally pick up radio stations by mistake. It would be nice if the software allowed you to tune into them at will but it doesn't.

They're perfect for streaming live sports on my laptop at home because I can still listen to the match while I go and get something to eat or go to the bathroom.

I'd imagine that this review applies to both of these products too, although maybe you can't use the RS 160 as well around the house as the range is listed as just 20m whereas my RS 140 is 150m and the RS 180 is 100m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Absoluvely wrote: »
    You always seem to be rushing out the door when you post deals :D

I'm leaving my job in August, and I'm on call for pretty much everything until then.. :(:)
    I was browsing through them today when I got called.. Roll on August. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The RS 140s use traditional RF transmission. The RS 160-180s use the newer KLEER technology, which has a shorter range but far, far superior quality. No hissing, no interference, no loss of audio - at least in my experience. I’ve had my RS 170s for over a year and they work brilliantly. If anything they work too well and occasionally cause interference with devices on my WiFi network.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

As for the Sennheiser RS 180 - they showing 199euro for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jack Sawyer

Thanks for this op!

- If I'm lucky maybe someone on here could advise - I was about to buy the RS 160 set - uses digital kleer tech - but read a few reviews saying that there's a slight delay for signal processing so not suitable for use in a room where TV audio is also played through speakers at same time - they described an 'echo effect'

- reason I'd have TV and headphones both on at once is I've hearing probs at times and it's just more comfortable for me - missus has usual audio over speakers on telly....

Also does this mean lip sync is fractionally off for movie/TV users ????

• Advertisement
Advertisement