Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Conspiracy Theories

Options
  • 07-08-2014 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure someone tried to do this before but I have not seen this topic in the last few pages so here goes. What are the conspiracy theories relating to Ireland that you have heard of? For example:

1. Michael Collins was shot by a dum-dum round from behind (possibly by his driver)
    2. Our friendly masonic "brothers" instigated the 1798 rebellion in order to create a new masonic state akin to France (Secret and Silent Men of 1798, James Caulfield, for a wider discussion)
    3. Dublin occult grid

Can anyone add to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

IRA run by MI5/6.
    I've spouted this theory now and then over the years, but I think it might be a fairly well established idea these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

The Bertie Bowel was a idea to launder money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

3. Dublin occult grid

What is this? Never heard of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

What is this? Never heard of it...

Apparently Dublin is a bit like DC, full of occult, masonic symbolism and the streets also form signs when seen from above. There is a book on this I believe, but I hope a fellow boardie can remember the title.

Apparently Dublin is a bit like DC, full of occult, masonic symbolism and the streets also form signs when seen from above. There is a book on this I believe, but I hope a fellow boardie can remember the title.
    I found one with a google search anyway.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Dublin-Occult-Grid-Irelands/dp/B0049HQM8E
    by Jeremy James

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Torakx wrote: »
    IRA run by MI5/6.
    I've spouted this theory now and then over the years, but I think it might be a fairly well established idea these days.

In a similar vein, that the Kincora scandal was M15 attempt to rein in the DUP for blackmail purposes. If so, was unsuccessful, as seemingly of the loyalists implicated as being child abusers (and, according to some claims, British aristocracy also) none in DUP directly so.

The conspiracy theory that Liam Lawlor was assassinated due to knowledge he had of corruption might be another one. Doubtful on it myself, but it is intriguing.

dar100 wrote: »
    The Bertie Bowel was a idea to launder money

Given certain rumours I've heard re IFSC, wouldn't surprise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Premises "accidently" going on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Fr Ted was created to destroy the catholic church. Seeing the situation the CC is in now you'd have to wonder..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

It's not really a conspiracy theory, just plain old arson..

GerB40 wrote: »
    Fr Ted was created to destroy the catholic church. Seeing the situation the CC is in now you'd have to wonder..

I kind of suspect the Catholic Church in Ireland was destroyed by protecting child abusers within its ranks rather than a comedy show.

Has been a lot of those since the property bust...just a co-incidence, nothing to worry about, move along, as David Icke would put it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

GerB40 wrote: »
    It's not really a conspiracy theory, just plain old arson..

Worded my thought wrong there if i said "premises going on fire" that can be a conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

O'Connoll Street being 'the widest street' in Europe: and many many other naive irish 'myths' - hang on though that's not a conspiracy theory or is it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

It needs more meat :P

porsche959 wrote: »
    I kind of suspect the Catholic Church in Ireland was destroyed by protecting child abusers within its ranks rather than a comedy show.
    I'd say the comedy show helped a lot though. Wasn't what's his name a freemason? The main actor as Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I'd say the comedy show helped a lot though. Wasn't what's his name a freemason? The main actor as Father Ted.

Actually, some people on the internet believe that Dermot Morgan was killed by the illuminati because of his criticism of irish elites through his comedy. As proof, they can point to the fact that the illuminati left their calling card - the all-seeing-eye - on his memorial chair in Merrion Square.

5299947637_1db8ca086a_z.jpg

As for genuine conspiracies, the systemic collusion between the state and the Catholic church in the exploitation of children and women under their care, amongst other things, which has been slowly uncovered over the past few decades, was an actual collaboration kept hidden from the public, with attempts at whistleblowing silenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

The Fr Niall Molloy cover up deserves a mention, although there is no question of it being a cover up. Hopefully what really happened is revealed soon.

A theory of mine is that both Martin Cahill and Veronica Guerin were murdered by the state because of the Fr Niall Molloy case. I have arguments that supports this theory I just need to get them right before I put them forward.

Sacksian wrote: »
    As for genuine conspiracies, the systemic collusion between the state and the Catholic church in the exploitation of children and women under their care, amongst other things, which has been slowly uncovered over the past few decades, was an actual collaboration kept hidden from the public, with attempts at whistleblowing silenced.

Here's one for you:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/EX-POLITICIAN+UNFIT+FOR+TRIAL%3B+Child+sex+abuse+case+is+dropped.-a062274422

Want to take a random stab at how many follow-up articles in the Irish meeja there were at the time, or for that matter have been since?

• Advertisement

The Fr Niall Molloy cover up deserves a mention, although there is no question of it being a cover up. Hopefully what really happened is revealed soon.

A theory of mine is that both Martin Cahill and Veronica Guerin were murdered by the state because of the Fr Niall Molloy case. I have arguments that supports this theory I just need to get them right before I put them forward.

Tick tock.

Here's one for you:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/EX-POLITICIAN+UNFIT+FOR+TRIAL%3B+Child+sex+abuse+case+is+dropped.-a062274422

Want to take a random stab at how many follow-up articles in the Irish meeja there were at the time, or for that matter have been since?

Jesus. Is it known who the politician is/was? Obviously not asking you to name him(!), just wondering if it's one of those "common knowledge" situations?

Here's one for you:

His barrister, Paddy McEntee, also represented Malcolm MacArthur (he of GUBU infamy) in his original sentencing (Michael McDowell was junior counsel on the team).

Seems to have worked for both sides though!

He worked in the Veronica Guerin case, defending Paul Ward, and I found this case online - defending a guy who was operating an unlicensed "bureau de change", with a turnover of €17m in 2002 (no idea how much that would be now), from an industrial estate in Dundalk.

Sacksian wrote: »
    Jesus. Is it known who the politician is/was? Obviously not asking you to name him(!), just wondering if it's one of those "common knowledge" situations?

I tweeted it to a senior journalist who is going to look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

I think you're trying to think of Dermot Morgan, great comedian.

aunt aggie wrote: »
    I think you're trying to think of Dermot Morgan, great comedian.
    Yes I just love Father Ted :) Have watched them...religiously :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

The IRA imports 80% of all the heroin and cocaine into Ireland.

Instead of bringing in guns they now bring in drugs.

This is why republicans attacked the head shops because they were cutting into their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

IRA run by MI5/6.
    yes i'd say there is a huge element of truth to that. For a start there was a some very high ranking double agents in there.

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure someone tried to do this before but I have not seen this topic in the last few pages so here goes. What are the conspiracy theories relating to Ireland that you have heard of? For example:

1. Michael Collins was shot by a dum-dum round from behind (possibly by his driver)
    2. Our friendly masonic "brothers" instigated the 1798 rebellion in order to create a new masonic state akin to France (Secret and Silent Men of 1798, James Caulfield, for a wider discussion)
    3. Dublin occult grid

Can anyone add to this?
    I find it suspicious that Collins was driving unshielded in enemy territory.

• Advertisement

What's the deal with Develra...

escaped prison with a romantic story of casting a key from candlewax or soap!
    escaped execution
    seemed to play up to nationalists and hardliners yet his actions played into the hands of the british...
    kept us economically backwards
    had no idea what was happening with the negotiations in London and then isolated the negotiators..
    pro church

was he a double agent?

Advertisement