Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to offload/ dispose of a leather sofa

Options
  • 26-06-2019 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

I have a leather sofa I need rid off

its a bit battered, but usable in a rental or something maybe

any ideas how I get shut of it ? either to give away to some one , or can some one advise how you dump one (if it comes to that)

I am currently in a plaster cast so limited to what I can do

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

If you replace it with Ikea Furniture, you can get that delivered and they will remove your old couch for a small fee upon delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Adverts.ie or donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Adverts.ie or freetradeireland.com. Somebody might take it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Council Dump on Dunmore Road will take it, they charge by weight and min fee is 16e. So likely cost you just the 16e to dispose of it.

Thing is you'll need to find a way to get it out there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Kilkenny things for free or for sale on facebook.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Kilkenny things for free or for sale on facebook.

Agreed. Just put the word FREE in bold and they'll be on it in a flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Adverts free stuff works great

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Agreed. Just put the word FREE in bold and they'll be on it in a flash.

They're like flies on a shyte when they see the word FREE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I have a leather sofa I need rid off

its a bit battered, but usable in a rental or something maybe

any ideas how I get shut of it ? either to give away to some one , or can some one advise how you dump one (if it comes to that)

I am currently in a plaster cast so limited to what I can do

cheers

Still have to get rid of this sofa. ...and I see that dunmore recycling doing special offer next Fri/sat

But any one any idea how to sort a van?

I tried Konnect.... But they never answered

I don't think it's worth doing the FREE on Facebook and inflicting it in some unfortunate renting

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

A rental van for a day could cost you €90; have you a buddy you can ask, someone with a trailer maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Break it up they are usually very hollow. Put a few bits a week in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

Good idea.Break it up-black bags and use the wood for fire.The springs are the most valuable part.Some one local can possibly recycle the leather into handbags,purses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Still have to get rid of this sofa. ...and I see that dunmore recycling doing special offer next Fri/sat

But any one any idea how to sort a van?

I tried Konnect.... But they never answered

I don't think it's worth doing the FREE on Facebook and inflicting it in some unfortunate renting

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/category/Local-Business/Tommys-Tipper-224664407636402/

Tommy will get rid, very reasonable man too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Break it up they are usually very hollow. Put a few bits a week in the bin.

Breaking it up works great, did this with mine. Was able to fit into the boot no bother. Only took 40min with a hammer and knife.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Breaking it up works great, did this with mine. Was able to fit into the boot no bother. Only took 40min with a hammer and knife.

thanks for all the replies

I broke up chairs and bed frames before , but this thing is a monster weight wise, so not sure I should tackle it when just recovered from broken arm & wrist

I was thinking of Tommy for a bigger clear out - but just could not do that right now due to work pressures (and again limited strength in wrist to be hauling crap to the trailer)

I'll have to think of something - just would be good to avail of the Dunmore discount

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

They're like flies on a shyte when they see the word FREE :D

Next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

First. <insert implausible sob story here>

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

thanks for all the replies

I broke up chairs and bed frames before , but this thing is a monster weight wise, so not sure I should tackle it when just recovered from broken arm & wrist

I was thinking of Tommy for a bigger clear out - but just could not do that right now due to work pressures (and again limited strength in wrist to be hauling crap to the trailer)

I'll have to think of something - just would be good to avail of the Dunmore discount

It's 15 months sine the OP, you must have really made ****e of your arm!

Formosa wrote: »
    It's 15 months sine the OP, you must have really made ****e of your arm!

yes

Advertisement