Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Detangler

Options
  • 07-11-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

Hello hello..

So I have tried googling and sure everything is recommened. I am looking for a good hair detangler and also a good shampoo for dry hair, any recommendations.

I am using Garnier at the moment, have tried Elvive which was about the best really.

Tried Luna which is fairly crap I must say, tried the detangle brush which works but rips the crap out of your hair...

Any suggestions
    Post edited by Ciarrai76 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hello hello..

So I have tried googling and sure everything is recommened. I am looking for a good hair detangler and also a good shampoo for dry hair, any recommendations.

I am using Garnier at the moment, have tried Elvive which was about the best really.

Tried Luna which is fairly crap I must say, tried the detangle brush which works but rips the crap out of your hair...

Any suggestions

I am using the red revlon unique 1 spray. It’s excellent. Bought from amazon.
    Also using the shampoo too....the coconut one that is a conditioning shampoo. basically a 2 in 1! Really thick and creamy....finding it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mandser

A lot of cheaper brand shampoos have a lot of sulphates, silicones etc which may not suit your hair.  I believe the main ingredient in Luna is alcohol so that would just dry out your hair even further, haven't used this myself but have heard varying reports on it.  I personally love OGX shampoo and conditioner, I have balayage in my hair so need something really hyrdating.  Its on special offer in Boots at the moment so might be worth a try and they have a lot of different types to choose from.  Im using the Restoring Bonding Plex at the moment and find it just as good as brands like Joico, Redken etc.  worth a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thank you Ladies or Men just incase :) ..I know what you mean mandser about the cheaper brands but I have gone through a lot of them, tried mane and tail, the more natural shampoos mind thinking back it was never this bad.. I even got an undercut done as I had so much hair and thought it would make it easier but nope... Right shall take a looksi at both suggestions and see what is looks good..

Thank ye again, will update if I find a soloution. Just think tis mad as my hair is straight, and with half it gone you would think it would be easier but nope

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

RE brush the WetBrush original detangler is great. I use it on my little girls who have extremely curly dry very knotty hair and it's the only one that doesn't pull the head off them . I also spray them with a leave in conditioner after washing .... I use the Moo goo range of shampoo and conditioner which are very mild as they are quite young..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I use a wet brush, it's amazing.

I also have an in shower brush that I use whem conditioner is in my hair, it's the best time to brush the knots out and make your hair much smoother because your conditioner coats your hair well!
    https://www.boots.ie/denman-shower-and-massage-brush-10121990

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,238 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any recommendations for a dry course hair badly knotted, my niece's friend autistic so difficult to free out, the hair cannot even be pulled apart, best conditioner brush shampoo spray etc., she really needs help

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

After using a few different types since my last post still find the wet brush the most gentle.... if the hair is very badly matted you will need to put in a lot of conditioner and attempt to comb thru while wet... not easy...also a spray in leave in conditioner can help with knots. Any way you could keep her occupied with a phone or tablet while trying to work thru? Not an easy task. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30,351 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I would recommend Alfaparf and their semi di lino moisture detangling fluid in particular. They have a matching shampoo and leave in conditioner but for me the fluid is the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

For a detangler I've to echo the other posters about the tangle teaser brush.I wouldn't be without one now.
    If they can get her hair washed the Revlon equave detangling spray conditioner after its washed is a game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

The tangle teezer brushes are great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Please don't resurrect zombie threads. Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement