Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many hours before flight should we be at cork airport

Options
  • 14-09-2019 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

We haven't gone away in about 5 years - was before online check-in. I know before you'd have to be at cork airport 2 hours before to check in etc but is it the same as only have to go through security . Flight is at 6 tomorrow evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

An hour before is plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

My experience of flying from Cork would agree, 1hr prior should be fine. Quick airport to get through

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Bear in mind traffic as 5pm can get busy but as its weekend shouldn't be as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Att vara en hest

The main concern is planning for getting to the airport on time... It's really a hit or miss if you're coming from City Center. As some people have stated, 1 hour tends to be enough to get through the airport and to the gate but I'd still say 2 hours just to account for potentially getting stuck in traffic.. And if there's no traffic, you have some extra time to grab a bit of food and coffee before the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

24 hours at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

As said above, 1 hour is usually loads.
    530-7 on a Sunday evening is probably the busiest time up there at the moment tho. If your flight is at 6 then your probably one of the first flights out so you'll be gone thru before majority of the rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

45 minutes to an hour if just carry on baggage. Add on 20/30 minutes if checking in a bag just in case.

Advertisement