Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish disposal Cork

Options
  • 17-04-2010 6:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi All,

I have done a search on the forum and online but still can't find the information I need.

I have the equivalent of about 2 skips full of rubbish that I need to dump. I don't want to go down the route of having to actually get a skip as I am looking for a cheaper option (I'm broke at the moment!)

I have the use of a car & trailer... can I just drive to the dump and dump the rubbish? Will they accept it? Does anyone know of any landfill site that will accept it (within reasonable driving distance from Cork)?

Does anyone know the costs or how they charge ie. weight etc.

I can't believe this information isn't on the coco website!

The waste I am talking about is non-electronic/non-electric/non-toxic - just general rubbish! :D

Thanks.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

http://www.corkcity.ie/ourservices/environment/wastemanagement/civicamenitycentre/#d.en.3709

Car €25

Small Low Sided Single Axle Car Trailer Attached to Car €70

Standard Bag of Domestic Waste €8
    1-4 Standard Bags of Bagged Green Waste €8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Flog

Thanks so much Parsi...

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

Hey,

Sorry for dregging up this old thread but I am in a similar situation to the OP and the only dump I know that will take rubbish is in macroom which is nearly an hour from me.

Anyone recommend a dump that is closer to cork city center.

What i am trying to get rid of is a mix of domestic rubbish. tonnes of card board. metal, building material.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

grimeire wrote: »
    Hey,

Sorry for dregging up this old thread but I am in a similar situation to the OP and the only dump I know that will take rubbish is in macroom which is nearly an hour from me.

Anyone recommend a dump that is closer to cork city center.

What i am trying to get rid of is a mix of domestic rubbish. tonnes of card board. metal, building material.

Council site still lists the dump on the South City Link road - is that still open? There's Rafeen by Monkstown too. The one I personally use is Rossmore near Carrigtohill. Sound lads there, and are generally pretty lenient on what they charge you. Cardboard is free to leave. You might be in trouble with the building material though - Rossmore don't take rubble and plasterboard; not sure if the other sites are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭yogmeister

Country clean up in churchfield.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Council site still lists the dump on the South City Link road - is that still open?.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

yogmeister wrote: »
    Country clean up in churchfield.

what are they like for prices. I use to use ash grove in church field but thought they were expensive. At least in comparison to the guys in macroom they were.

grimeire wrote: »
    what are they like for prices. I use to use ash grove in church field but thought they were expensive. At least in comparison to the guys in macroom they were.

It's €10 for 60 kilos of waste, that's the minimum charge. I think it goes up €5 for every extra 30 kilos of waste then after that. I go up every month with 2 wheelie bins in a van and the most I ever paid was €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

I’m looking to dispose of rubble (old tarmac) and the closest place I can find to Cork City is in Midleton. I’ve done a fair bit of googling and this seems to be the only public drop off (though it’s a private business).
    The council run places don’t seem to accept rubble?
    And the other private operators seem to be collect only.

Did you try Country clean in churchfield. I m pretty sure they accept rubble but it might work out expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

I had a run in with Cuntry Clean a few years ago. I refuse to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Gautama wrote: »
    I’m looking to dispose of rubble (old tarmac) and the closest place I can find to Cork City is in Midleton. I’ve done a fair bit of googling and this seems to be the only public drop off (though it’s a private business).
    The council run places don’t seem to accept rubble?
    And the other private operators seem to be collect only.

Kinsale Rd/ Sth Link centre accepts builders rubble but I doubt tarmac is included in that category. I saw them refuse old ceramic tiles recently.
    Call out and ask (assuming you're local).
    Would a skip bag be big enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Where can you dispose of old batteries for free I got a whole box of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Where can you dispose of old batteries for free I got a whole box of em.

Most supermarkets take them. Lidl & Aldi definitely do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Anyone selling them must accept 'em for disposal AFAIK.
    (But really .. rechargeables are the way to go. Much cheaper.)

Advertisement